HALO Warthog

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

HALO Warthog

Post by grockwood » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:36 am

I noticed that both Walmart and Target are caring the HALO Warthog vehicle for about $30.00. I am not into HALO but it is a neat looking vehicle.

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Re: HALO Warthog

Post by Tambo » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:34 pm

Saw that also. Must resist.
Good trades: C00per, pcb122605, digger, vulgarvulture X2, General Blasto X2, Light.Inf.Scout, V2 Man, Sentinel, xddave, grunt1

[img]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/230/230828/folders/190465/2439227TAMBOSIGsmall.JPG[/img]

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:00 pm

that'll be way too big for 1/18 , won't it. The McF Halo figures are 5 inch, so more like 1/15. I imagine this vehicle will be in scale with the figs.

Perhaps the JoyRide Warthog, is better scaled for 1/18?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Halo-2-BATTLE-DAMAG ... 53e3b26dd8
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:00 pm

The 4" figs actually look pretty good in them but yeah, that truck is huge!
"Leave the Artillerymen alone...they are an obstinate lot" -Napoleon

sluff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sluff » Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:04 am

I think that the Spartans and other armored characters are 5 inch and the unarmored characters are all 4 inch so I think it is close to 1/18. I have the Warthog and it is nice, simple construction no bells and whistles but is still very cool, the turret is seperate from the rest of the chassis, so future versions are possible. It is Mcfarlane so expect every color in the visible spectrum to be produced.
Where is my Skyraider?

FieroDude
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by FieroDude » Sun Sep 26, 2010 8:01 am

Not sure about the Joyride version, but it appears to be closer to 1/32. My sister is a huge Halo fan and has pulled me into it now, too, so we have the Action Clix version (about 1/72), the RC version (also close to 1/32, I would guess), and the McFarlane version, which is definitely large for 1/18, but still cool as hell. Detail is good, just not a lot of moving parts. Also interesting is the inconsistency in scales for the figures themselves - I have several older ones that are about 5" tall, and then the new Halo Reach versions, as well as some of the later Halo 3 versions, are all closer to 5.5 to 6".
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:05 am

i was looking at the figures today. The humans are all definitely larger than 1/18 as noted above and quite variable in size, also as noted above.

I figure they started out with an oddball scale, which was bigger than Joes and smaller than their other 6 inch figures and realized they goofed, so now they're trying to inch the figures up to 6 inch size....which will cheese off many of the people who have been collecting them up until now.

Excellent decision making all around...lol. Why not just make them 4 inch to begin with, so the Joe guys will get into them big time and your sales will quintuple as a result?

Anyway, even though overscale the warthog will probably work with 4 inch figures, as it's most likely about 1/16 or so. The best 4 inch figures to use would probably be accelerator suit joes, as they look alot like halo figures.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:04 am

I love this thing, it is a little big for the 1:18 stuff. However, it is a great but the 4-inch stuff that we all love is too small. The 4-inch Joes look like kids in the Warthog as their feet barely make it over the seats. It looks bad, IMHO. Plus, it would be great to turn into an R/C vehicle.

-Also, the Spartans are every bit of 6-inch, while the Troopers are 5-inch. These are by far bigger than the previous McFarlane Halo stuff.

Here are some photos that I have taken:

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:32 am

BTW, here is the scale comparison that I was talking about. This photo is not mine:

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:16 am

i need to check these out!
very nice
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

sluff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sluff » Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:23 am

They need to make the Prototype armor from Halo Legends. The Mech would be huge :D
Where is my Skyraider?

Charlemagne
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Charlemagne » Tue Sep 28, 2010 9:14 pm

The warthog is very cool. Has anyone gotten the RC Halo Hornet? Just wondering how hard it is to fly as I am thinking of getting that for my son for Xmas, he thinks Halo and Master Chief totally rule.
“Courage is fear holding on a minute longer.”
- George S. Patton

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:20 pm

Saw the Warthog today at Wallyworld, and tried to buy it, but it just didn't seem like it was worth $30 to me. The only figures they had were the 2-packs and those were $30 also! I don't think so... :?
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:20 pm

That surprises me about the 2-packs being so high - around here, WM has them for $20, and Target for $22. As far as single figures, between $11 and 13 seems to be the standard, although I picked up a couple on sale at Meijer for $10 a couple weeks ago.
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:55 pm

FieroDude wrote:That surprises me about the 2-packs being so high - around here, WM has them for $20, and Target for $22. As far as single figures, between $11 and 13 seems to be the standard, although I picked up a couple on sale at Meijer for $10 a couple weeks ago.
I saw the two packs today at Target for $22, but again, doesn't that seem high? Even for a McFarlane figure ($11 for one figure)? Seems steep to me, but they obviously aren't having any problems selling them.
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:14 am

McFarlane figures have always been a bit on the pricey side - I also have several of their dragon and Predator figures, and they always have averaged about $10-12 for standard figures, up to about $25 for boxed figures and more for larger scale. In addition, the McFarlane figures tend to be a bit on the delicate side, especially at the joints. But they are also usually very nicely detailed/painted, and the Halo figures have very impressive articulation. Factor in the slightly larger scale, and while I won't call them a bargain, I also don't consider the pricing too far out of line, especially considering that the new Star Wars and GI Joe figures are averaging about $7-8 each, and when the Avatar figures were released, they were going for $9 each at target - and the Na'vi figures were significantly underscale for the 4 inch line.
Verraten und verkauft,
Verraten und verkauft,
H.R.K 1993

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:03 pm

Thanks for the explaination, now I know why they are selling.
-Howard Stark