Hey Everybody

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
wise690
Sergeant
Sergeant

Hey Everybody

Post by wise690 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:31 pm

Long time, no see. Haven't been on in forever. Got sidetracked with new hobbies, and ran out of room to collect anything else. Just found my old login and password and figured I would see whats new in the 1/18 world. Looks like a lot of people are selling off their collections. Unfortunately, I might have to sell off most of my collection soon as well. I'm moving at the beginning of the year, and can't really take a room of loose planes/armor with me.

I've got a couple of questions for those who have kept up with the new companies and products. Did we ever get an A-10? :) I see a lot about the F-14 on the boards now. Maybe we're getting closer. Is 21st Century Toys dead now? I can't find anything on them.

-Brett
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
General George S. Patton

digger
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Hey Everybody

Post by digger » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:54 pm

Hey Brett,
Good to see an old avatar. 21C is indeed dead but lives on in JSI (chinese company holding many 21C molds) and All Go Toys (21C people trying to give it another go, with no product yet). We never did get that A-10, though it continues to be invoked by every company.
BBI is dead or has put its efforts into JSI (debatable). FOV has some basic figs and modern vehicles out at Target. Kids lines have the most run right now (PTE and Chap Mei with TRU in house brand logos). The best purchases I've made recently have been the new Joes, closer than ever to reality with some awesome gear. Tieka Toys just releases a wave of 7 modern figures but they share 90% of their bodies, and all have doofy faces. Generally a slow time in the hobby. Hope that sums it up pretty well.

wise690
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Hey Everybody

Post by wise690 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:16 am

Thanks, Digger. That pretty much answers everything I had been wondering about. Kinda depressing to see these companies slowing down and dissapearing. I'm getting excited seeing what the new companies are planning and producing though. Some of the aircraft from JSI look awesome. I'll always be dreaming about an affordable A-10 and B-25, even though I know the size is just way too much right now.

There's no way I'm abandoning the hobby, I want to find more figures and armor and decrease my aircraft collection. It's just way too impractical to have so many loose planes displayed with their size and preparing to move to a new house soon. I'm going to keep all of my armor and figures, the stuff that can easily be displayed on a bookcase or computer desk and not clutter an office or room in the house. I'm going to try to get a detailed list made up this weekend as well as good pictures of what I have.

-Brett
"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."
General George S. Patton