Sky Works A-10

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re: Sky Works A-10

Post by usmcchet9296 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:28 pm

dcway wrote:Hi All
Anything new ????????????????????????????????????
Would love to see more pic's !!!!
DCWAY
:hornet: :p51: :blueangel:
Me too
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

tom@skyworkstoys
Corporal
Corporal

Post by tom@skyworkstoys » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:03 pm

Hey Everyone!

Now that the Christmas rush is over, we thought it would be a nice time for an update on what is going on with us at SkyWorksToys.

The A-10 project is still on track! Jack has been slowed down by the all the work he have been getting, but he still makes time to keep this awesome project on the front burner. Many of the details have been worked out, and I know he is hoping we can start making these sometime this year.

The Typhoon project is almost done! Jack has just a few more details to work out before we start the mold making part of this project. Like the A-10, we have been slowed due to the number of orders we have had for all of our other items. I think Jack will be posting some pics of both of these soon.

We have two new paint schemes we are doing on the F-14, and both are super looking. We have been doing a low visibility version of the Grim Reaper, and the Jolly Roger. Everything is in gray shades, as well as the decals. Seems like we are doing these more and more lately. The repaint service is always busy. Between the basic repaints, to the special requests like the Blue Angel version, almost anything is possible, just ask!

Our F-14 accessories are still hot items, including the replacement landing gear, our nozzles, and of course the pilots that we can't seem to make enough of. One of the new pilots we are doing is a Thunderbird version. The pilot is in the blue flight suit, with a red helmet that is almost exactly like they wear. I will try to get Jack to post some pics of it so you can see how cool it is.

A new product we have introduced is a line of figures in 1/18th scale for those of you who are into armor. We have several different versions, and they can be ordered painted, or unpainted. Very nice quality on these new items, and they look great in a number of armor pieces. Take a look at the site, we have a number of photos of them in different vehicles.

That is about it for now, and as always, if anyone has any questions, shoot on over to the SkyWorksToys site and drop us a note. We will get back to you as soon as we can.
Tom@SkyWorksToys

dcway
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dcway » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:18 pm

What happened to the update ??????
Stilll waiting .... :hornet: :p51: :hornet: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel:

rohirrimknight
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by rohirrimknight » Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:26 am

I also keep checking their web site to see any update on A-10. It look cool from skyworkstoys website for each part their show but question is when it will ready for sale and it's price.

Birddog
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Birddog » Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:47 pm

I can't wait to hear more news on the A-10 too. Looking forward to a new update on the progress. It's looking really good..... :D Hope we get to hear something on production and price soon too.

Maybe we'll see something soon on the Typhoon as well.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

Mitch
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Mitch » Sun Feb 06, 2011 7:04 pm

I'm going to assume that the A-10 has gone the way of most other pipe dreams...up in smoke

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:03 am

Hopefully not. Thay have done quite a bit of work on it and I'm sure they know how huge this could be for them if they get it to production and the price is right.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:28 pm

It sure would be great to bring this one to fruition. I have a feeling it would be well worth it.
Todd

dcway
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dcway » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:15 pm

Any updates ?????????????????????? we heard a couple weeks ago theirv would be an updates !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we all like updates !!!! but pleas don't tease us with saying one is comming !!! then weeks pass by with nothing !!!! this is the same fluff (being nice ) we've gotten in the past !!!!! and it gets real old and not to mention a bad rep
for a major player in this !!!!! I'm all out'a fluff now :) :p51: :blueangel: :p51: :blueangel: :p51: :blueangel:

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:25 pm

Pictures or it didn't happen. :lol: :lol:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:44 pm

Gentlemen, no offense but you guys need to just cool down and chill out a little bit. Just because they can't give you an update every week or whenever you want it doesn't mean they are working on it or it has been cancelled. This is the exact type of behavior that drove away the company representatives awhile back because people just got annoying.

Skyworks is not a mass production operation. As I understand it he only has a few people working for him. In addition to the A-10, they are working on other projects and doing customer orders. Given that customer orders is what makes them money and fuels the new products, I would think and hope they devote their time to their customers first. We have no idea how many orders they have for their products, if they are behind, and what else they are developing in addition to the A-10. Bottom line, Skyworks doesn't answer to this board, it is their business and they need to focus on what keeps them in business and also develop things in a thoughtful and careful manner. If they rush the A-10, and it's not right, then people complain and don't buy it, they wasted time and money. I'm sure given it is such a big project they want to take their time.

So calm down and take a breath. There is a repaint of the F-14 due out soon and a repaint of the F-16 that has just been announced, so there is some stuff in the pipeline to talk about and get excited about. Give Skyworks the time to work on their products, I'm sure when they are ready they will release some news. Their schedule does not revolve around the needs of this board or the people here.
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

snake

Post by snake » Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:25 am

Good post Corey.

And I agree with almost all of it.

But also 1/18 fans are the only ones buying ' Skyworks' customs, and it is better for them to push a customizer, rather than them not, and just lose interest.

Skyworks should be happy that some members are still pressuring them to make/update the A-10.

NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NightVyper » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:08 am

Well I agree with Corey 100%.

@ snake the A-10 is Lagniappe for skyworks if they get it done that is extra money on top of their normal business and has no nothing to do with their day to day operations that has got them this far.

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by JOC » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:27 am

Hey Guys, I completely agree with Corey and what his assumptions are. I know Jack and he is indeed still working on the A-10.
We all have to remember that he is obligated to make his "Bread and Butter" stuff first and he still is making time, G-D knows how, on the prototypes.
We on this board are not his only customers, and we all need to realize this and take comfort in the fact that he is even doing the A-10.
How many on this board have been waiting, listening to promises from others and then nothing?
Jack steps up to the plate and is doing something! Slow down and smell the roses for god-sake. We all should be grateful that he took on this project in the first place.
He does have a small staff and they are "two-blocked" with orders for their customs and for many of our repaints.
Be thankful he came along with pilots for the F-14, when no one else did, especially JSI. So you guys got your pilots.
Be thankful that he came along and solved the problem with your broken main gear assemblies for your first edition F-14's. Did JSI, NO. At least now you have a choice to fix or not to fix. I know many here have taken this opportunity to upgrade.
So when you get the urge to RANT about NO UPDATES, Back Off and just be thankful we have someone like Jack and his crew their for us.
Let JSI and BBI fill the void with repaints of older birds and just sit tight and leave Jack and his crew alone.
He owes us NOTHING but has given us MUCH!
(The above has been brought to you by a 70-year-old Retired, disabled Navy Chief Combat Photojournalist who has paid his dues and can say it like it is)
Take Care Guys and SLOW DOWN and enjoy life......
The A-10 will come in our lifetimes, Yes even mine.
JOC
On a side note, just noticed that I was promoted to Lt, hell I'm a Chief, I know who my parents were!

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:45 am

Still waiting for my MIA P-36 parts and decals that got " lost " in the mail.

That there was no attempt to make restituion on.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

dcway
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by dcway » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:02 am

Believe me i understand they have other projects and things their working on !!!
and yes the world does'nt revolve around the board members ....I think we all have been patient !!!!! very patient ......The fact is don't tells us their are updates comming and we don't hear anything for weeks or even months !!! i don't think i'm the only one who feels this way !!!! i am calm about this !!! but this seems like it's getting to be the same ole same ole ..... you understand more coryeagle were i'm comming from ????
I know they make great products and in the near future i'd like to purchase some !!!!
this is whats not the problem!!!! we see this all the time from mfg. of 1/18 items...
just don't tease us is all i ask !!! It makes the wait longer !!!
DCWAY (DANA) :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel: :blueangel:

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:40 am

Better to be teased than ignored I suppose... I don't know much about the "company" Skyworks, but it sounds to me like they're a garage-type operation which means you simply can't expect anything like 21st or FOV or BBI type responses and work.

Just being honest. I personally wouldn't buy an A10 regardless of who made it so I don't really have a dog in this fight, I'm just trying to give some perspective is all. I'd say just sit tight... If you haven't paid anything yet you don't have too much to be antsy about because you at least aren't out anything... If you have paid something though, for some reason, then yeah I'd probably get antsy too if I didn't get my stuff in a reasonable time-frame, haha.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

DropTank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by DropTank » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:34 am

Not slamming Skyworks, but I also have no interest in the A-10 or any other of their products. But, unlike Admiral, they do actually release products instead of just announce them. In due time I am sure they will release info on this project.
FLY NAVY

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:14 pm

I mostly agree with Corey. I too am looking forward to the A-10. I do think that it will be worth the wait.
Todd

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 6:45 pm

I probably should'nt post on this, first because as cool as the A-10 is, I mostly go for WWII stuff, but if you say you are going to produce a model, then do it.

There are others and I don't need to say who they are that come through with what they say they are going to build, either make it or don't, I realize that the market for certain models is small, but don't come here and promise something that may not happen.

Just my opinion.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:41 am

That's the thing though... A guy running something out of his home can't be looked at like 21st or BBI... If 21st or BBI say, "We're doing _________", and they take forever and it seems like it's never coming out... Criticism should be launched I think. If it's a guy doing this stuff from his house, sort of like a second job, you've just sorta gotta eat it and be happy when it comes out I think, and if it doesn't come out at least you didn't put money into it. There's a myriad of things that can go wrong doing the stuff in smaller batches by yourself. Not the least of which is the fact that your home, family, and actual job usually all take precedence.

Like I said, I don't know Skyworks Toys or anything because I don't buy modern stuff and rarely buy WW2 planes even. I'm just saying, from the perspective of someone doing work in their sparetime as like a second job practically, you just have to sorta eat it. There is no complaint department.

It's not like anyone else has one out that you're not buying because you have been waiting on this one, ya know? That's just me though. It sounds like a massive undertaking for a company, since I know even small stuff can be quite involved.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:55 am

Well said Jesse and others. I think the A-10 Skyworks is working on will definitely be produced and it will be amazing. I just hope that they are able to produce it for a price many here will accept and those that have wanted one (or more) can get one.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:48 pm

Forget Skyworks ..... they are just the designers and will move at the pace needed to do a good job. Where -O- Where is All-Go and why havent we heard from them .... hell last I looked they havent even updated there site.... Shades of 21C incompetence
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:27 pm

Ultimately, it will come down to economics for any of these planes or companies. If gas prices skyrocket, then likely there will be less $ to buy large scale planes-not to mention the increase in cost of production. So time will tell what will be produced. That said keep working on the A-10. We have waited a long time for this one.
Todd