PTE Recons

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Mitch
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Mitch » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:45 pm

The T-95 was never really produced...cancelled early 2010, and the only thing that is close to the T-95 on this model are the can(s) on the rear.
I believe this is more modeled after the 98

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Aug 08, 2010 8:28 pm

yes, yes......i'm just being stubborn cause i goofed.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jesse James » Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:50 am

Another store I visited today had the old style 3-packs in, so I bought 2 sets with the Hedgehog in them... They didn't have anything else PTE though, just those 3-packs.

I'm hoping to maybe find some more towers... would love to find those bombed out buildings though. :( Bridges too, love the bridges.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Rowsdower

Post by Rowsdower » Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:00 pm

aferguson wrote:yes, yes......i'm just being stubborn cause i goofed.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This message brought to you in part by Adderall.

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:35 pm

I got the chinese attack vehicle but still no sign of tanks, helos and apc's. Plenty of Lil birds and rhibs though.
"Leave the Artillerymen alone...they are an obstinate lot" -Napoleon

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Aug 10, 2010 5:48 pm

I was at a BL tonight with not one item of PTE on the shelves. I've sorta seen the gambit of stuff, aside from finding a store with a TON of things like when PTE first showed at BL years ago. Man, I miss that solid half an aisle of PTE. :cry:
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:13 pm

Just got back from one BL in my area and bought the FAV! Very impressive item for only 10 bucks!! It has a movable rope pully thing on the front bumper. Also two gas cans that snap into place on the side boards. Wish I could post some pics...someday I'll learn how... :roll: PTE continues to improve!!
They also had a few towers, and the black combat helicopter and the one man police sets. The aisle was still pretty empty, so hopefully more will get stocked. I asked a clerk... :? ...I'll check back there in a week or so.
And a BIG thanks and a tip of the hat to aferguson for changing the name of this thread!
Let the recons continue!!!

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:31 pm

Holensock,

Get a www.photobucket.com account, or go to snapfish (search it), which I have both and like both pretty equally but my SF account has a ton more space since I use Comcast for my ISP.

Once you put the pics on your computer, just load them up to your account. It's uber simple, and I use Snapfish as an extra back-up for .jpg or other image files since they eat memory.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Fri Aug 13, 2010 4:30 am

Thanks, Jesse!
Gonna give it a try!!

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:41 pm

Hey HNS, I was gonna send you the figs from my FAV but my nephew was here and he snagged em, still looking for the tank and helo though:)
"Leave the Artillerymen alone...they are an obstinate lot" -Napoleon

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Fri Aug 13, 2010 5:15 pm

Oh-Oh! Your nephew's gonna get hooked now!!! :D
That FAV is pretty cool, isn't it?!

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Aug 19, 2010 4:07 pm

Not a thing new here since my initial reports... THis is, to me, the worst year yet for PTE.

Big Lots has a crummy Halloween selection too. They usually had good stuff if you're into really going balls out doing up your house for the holiday, but not this year. Very disappointing, to the point I've written a pretty whiney letter to their corporate office... :lol: I usually plunk down a couple hundred in their stores between now and October, but this year I bought 3 3-packs, and that was it, and that was all I've seen that I even really wanted anywhere around me.

Very disappointing. Where's the bridge playset? Where's the desert building? Where's Pizza Hut? Where's the towers? Where's the Abrams?

The only thing locally I've seen remotely interesting is the Chinese tank... The armored car isn't even in this vicinity. It's a shame too because I love this stuff, and hate seeing it go down hill in variety each year. They don't even do the deluxe single-figure sets anymore, the firemen, the SWAT... Bummer.

grunt1

Post by grunt1 » Thu Aug 19, 2010 6:22 pm

Found Humvee's (Wood slat bed, canvas top, and regular tan desert), towers, swat building rubble figure packs, tank, little bird, big rib boat, little boat, and some figure packs with either a guard dog and gate, or barrels and something else. Nice variety, but I was also looking for the bombed out building. No luck so far..
-----------------------------------------------------------
-------- Need a list of everything 1:18? --------
---------- http://www.sshqdb.com
--------------
---- Built by the community, for the community ----
-----------------------------------------------------------

My Store: http://www.battlegroundmodels.com

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Thu Aug 19, 2010 7:15 pm

I stopped at a BL's today and found and bought the Chinese tank! This BL also had the Humvee's, towers, 3 pack Swat sets, single pack Swat sets, little bird, boat, and some 12" figures. The shelf aisle still wasn't fully set, so hopefully more will be showing up soon!

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:31 am

Jesse James wrote:
Big Lots has a crummy Halloween selection too. They usually had good stuff if you're into really going balls out doing up your house for the holiday, but not this year. Very disappointing, to the point I've written a pretty whiney letter to their corporate office... :lol: I usually plunk down a couple hundred in their stores between now and October, but this year I bought 3 3-packs, and that was it, and that was all I've seen that I even really wanted anywhere around me.

Very disappointing. Where's the bridge playset? Where's the desert building? Where's Pizza Hut? Where's the towers? Where's the Abrams?
Nothing in my region of CA yet either. And I'm not surprised that Halloween is downscaled. Apparently the recession has hit big box stores hard. I was hunting for Christmas and 4th of July decorations that were out a few years ago at Walmart and HomeDepot stores and they said they were unable to sell much of their inventory last year that they didn't get much in this year.

Interestingly this is what we've been discussing relative to 1:18 21c items at WalMart. The truth is that when we see anything hit the shelves on massive discounts, its usually a sign that next year less will be ordered.

(I too love to begin my Halloween transformation starting Oct. 1 and always like to take Nov. 1 off in order to keep the spook house open all night.)

A few local Big Lots still have the Star Trek bridge at $10, though they are slowly moving.

acisne
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by acisne » Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:55 pm

I visited a BL today and they has half aisle full of PTS-everything but the large building. Funny, but I never noticed that the police Little Bird has rocket tubes and mini guns. :lol:

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Sacramento Region Update

Post by MCalamari » Sat Aug 21, 2010 11:21 pm

I hit two more Big Lots today and had some luck.

The Natomas Big Lots had a pretty good collection of both the World Peacekeepers and newer SWAT sets. Interestingly the Tower was $10 last year and is now priced at $12. :( A shame, at $10 it was one of the best deals out there.

The Woodland Big Lots only had the Little Birds (nothing else) in both the WP and SWAT packaging.

Last week the West Sacramento Big Lots had nothing and *did* have its Halloween stuff, so I don't know if they'll get stuff or not.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Aug 24, 2010 12:35 pm

A BL I hit over the weekend had the FAV, Littlebirds, Figure 3-packs (older styled ones), SWAT Deluxe Figures with walls/gear, and towers.

So I plan to nab some of the towers and SWAT sets, and possibly another FAV (I got one, may get another though) over time. The FAV's real nice for what it is. Too bad they don't do WW2 because they'd really make a nice jeep I think.

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:13 pm

Jesse James wrote:A BL I hit over the weekend had the FAV, Littlebirds, Figure 3-packs (older styled ones), SWAT Deluxe Figures with walls/gear, and towers.

So I plan to nab some of the towers and SWAT sets, and possibly another FAV (I got one, may get another though) over time. The FAV's real nice for what it is. Too bad they don't do WW2 because they'd really make a nice jeep I think.
Tonight I went back and picked up a FAV ... I agree, its nice. :)

The Jeep that came with the bridge playset is totally worth it.

I compared my unopened $10 tower with the unopened $12 I bought today ... they are the same. (No, I'm not intentionally not opening these ... the towers are for my nephews, the older of whom wants an "At-Ack Robot" (i.e. a Star Wars At-At).

The Big Lots price point of the PTE stuff is great. The figures aren't 21c quality (that last wave of 21c figures was the bomb <-- a good thing), but they too are perfect "green shirts".

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Aug 25, 2010 6:44 pm

Had a great PTE recon at one of the Fresno Ca Big Lots:

There were older items such as the Littlebird, Hummers, RIB Boats, towers, DPV, figure packs, etc.

Then the surprises - new Figure/vehicle 3-packs, FAV, and the Type-98 Tanks :D

I got the FAV, but may have to get a Type-98 tank to repaint in some sort of desert cammo; I got one last year from overseas. The new PTE items are simply fantastic.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:02 pm

Uh-oh, just noticed this thread - guess I'd better check out my local Big Lots!

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:54 pm

Checked two area stores today - between the two of them I picked up the black SWAT helicopter and the Chinese Tank. Not bad for the money, and it was fun to examine and choose 1/18-ish military toys off the shelf once again (compared to buying online).

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:20 pm

So has anyone seen the bridge or building sets yet this year?
Good Trader List
-Digger -Razor -Mowmaw -Flayrah -ThreeToughTrucks -jlspec -KWR190 -CW4USARMY -vmf214 -bravo5 -holensock -cranedriver -billgiff -Rowsdower -tparkhere

YT

Post by YT » Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:30 pm

CENT-ONE wrote:So has anyone seen the bridge or building sets yet this year?
No.

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:56 pm

CENT-ONE wrote:So has anyone seen the bridge or building sets yet this year?
Yes. :)

I bought a bridge w/ jeep in a fully restocked Big Lots in Sacramento, CA just two weeks ago. It was the only one.

The price was $24, so it could have been overstock. The towers have gone from $10 to $12.

No signs of the building sets nor the IFV or aircraft, all of which I found last year (and foolishly passed on).

I had my PTE Abrams out with my BBI and FOV Abrams. As one might expect the size of the PTE tank is noticeably smaller -- however, my 4 yr.old. nephew actually spent more time rolling the PTE tanks ... they glide better. In fact, he complained so much about the FOV tank (which does not roll well) that he was through with the tan tanks.