Should All-Go Make Figures first or Vehicles First

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.

Figures First
22%
Vehicles First
78%

Total votes: 51

Stug45
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Stug45 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:23 am

I think it would be wise to make figures
first. They will TONS of money.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:47 am

I say make a small kick ass jeep with a crew to man it for the allies side and for the Germans make a BMW bike with side car and figures to man it. That is where I would start
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:01 am

Yep, figures first! And give them the articulation that the new 1:18 GI Joe figures have!!
AND THEN like VMF115 said: Jeeps, and I would add a Kubelwagen too!

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat Jul 31, 2010 6:57 am

Don't we want something we don't have now? Why a Jeep or Kubel that we have had for years.... Vehicles are my vote, but something new...... Scout Car, Ambulance, Duece & a half.

1/18 figs are just so toy looking with articulation points with toy points.

If you want figs, collect 1/6 figs with weapons and uniforms and equipment to your hearts content. They don't take up alot of room.

My 2 cents.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:30 am

vehicle
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:32 am

AMERICAN_GRENADIER wrote:vehicle
That's the way !

phil

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:44 am

How about an A-10......OOOPPPSS :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:08 am

Sabrefan wrote:How about an A-10......OOOPPPSS :D
tracked or wheeled ? :lol:

phil

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:07 am

Kingtiger, its on their website, do what you say you are going to do.

Sell what you can, then follow up with what the market wants.

A-10, if I had to think of a plane that was the most bad-ass, put in your face, glad I'm not on the ground looking at it wishing I was'nt in a tank aircraft.....Well you get my drift :D

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:01 pm

To me, if you want vehicles, you have to accept that they cost too much and are too risky to produce as the sole money-makers for a product line. If these companies are going to make "toys", they need to start with something that anchors them, isn't as expensive to produce, and which they can make profits on that can feasibly be turned over to help them produce the bigger items.

So figures it is... If managed right, and worked close with the etailers especially, they'd do far better than vehicles in terms of sales, and they'd be able to fund a plane a year, possibly a piece of armor as well, and maybe even get a couple small to mid-sized items out in a year also.

Guys all want vehicles first, but the costs are so lopsided it's not funny.

Now, if the company only ones to make super expensive high-end stuff for only a select niche of a niche, obviously figures aren't the way to go. It's the difference between whether or not they want to make "toys" like 21st, FOV, and BBI were doing, or whether they want to make things for a much smaller niche market... I think the wiser move is looking into actually selling toys like before, but that's me.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:38 pm

Threetoughtrucks wrote:Don't we want something we don't have now? Why a Jeep or Kubel that we have had for years.... Vehicles are my vote, but something new...... Scout Car, Ambulance, Duece & a half.

1/18 figs are just so toy looking with articulation points with toy points.

If you want figs, collect 1/6 figs with weapons and uniforms and equipment to your hearts content. They don't take up alot of room.

My 2 cents.

TTT
I agree. That really is the key IMO. Whether it be something small like a Stuart M5, White Scout Car, or even a US Staff Car, or a GMC Deuce 1/2 and the many variations of the famous truck would be my first choice of vehicles.

Same goes with planes, make ones or significant variations of existing ones, but don't put out something there's already too many of (P-51D)

Figures we can all get cheap on the secondary market, unless they all went up to ridiculous prices (I haven't checked lately) or include them with the vehicles just like before.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:05 pm

Why start from scratch when the KT looked to be readyto go. Even a new jeep would cost more from the ground up then the KT. at this point. As for figures, until recently 21st and other series figures where still hanging on pegs at the big box stores while the vehicles were long gone. Indiana Jones, the A-team, King of persia, Gijoe from the movie,Avator, FOV and BBI figure had to be discounted to get rid of them.

Ruger
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ruger » Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:46 am

1:32

MV
"When I went into Kuwait I had 39 tanks, after six weeks of air bombardment, I had 32 left. After 20 minutes in action against the M1's, I had none." Iraqi BN Cdr, 1991
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/CanteenX/Blowing-Smoke-sig.jpg[/img]

gniolliv
Private First Class
Private First Class

Re: Should All-Go Make Figures first or Vehicles First

Post by gniolliv » Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:42 am

A very cute V-22 Osprey, desert scheme, in 1/18 scale... :D :D :D :D :D

GI546
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by GI546 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:37 am

definetley figures first.
they are cheaper to make than vehicles, and they can be produced in much higher numbers, which means more stores will get them, and more people will buy them.

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:55 am

Figures?, honestly, why is this even a discussion? All-go has only been a website, they haven't produced anything, and most likely never will, Skyworks is going to apparently make a A-10, but I have a problem understanding where All-go really has a part in this.

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:02 am

ram04 wrote:Figures?, honestly, why is this even a discussion? All-go has only been a website, they haven't produced anything, and most likely never will, Skyworks is going to apparently make a A-10, but I have a problem understanding where All-go really has a part in this.

I just hope allgo get the new a10 modify to were in a year or so we get our a10... or could be bbi wants allgo to take a dirt nap and produce one just when allgo is almost introduction mode...
whats up doc....

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:23 am

Sorry, I believe All-go is a website only, if they were'nt they at least would put something on the market, it could be a release of a older model, no new paint, just anything.

I really hope that they will produce something, but the Skyworks deal kind of says they really can't produce anything on their own, who knows maybe Skyworks has bought their website and using it to sell their A-10, which would be smart marketing on their part.

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:40 am

ram04 wrote:Sorry, I believe All-go is a website only, if they were'nt they at least would put something on the market, it could be a release of a older model, no new paint, just anything.

I really hope that they will produce something, but the Skyworks deal kind of says they really can't produce anything on their own, who knows maybe Skyworks has bought their website and using it to sell their A-10, which would be smart marketing on their part.

but i think at 800 or more each.. it is freak-en out of my price rang and most board member with exception of a very few
whats up doc....

Grognard
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Grognard » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:49 pm

Vehicles -

Small ones at lower prices would get the ball rolling, and then move into larger. M3 light; M5 Light; maybe a M7 or M10 on the sherman hull.

Even some accessory sets, or small crew served weapons (pupshens, 75mm RR, M45 Quad 50 on Trailer; FLAK 38's).

The only figures i would like to see are WWII russians or Brits, but I doubt they would draw much attention this side of the ocean.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:37 pm

Someone should just make something! I'm to the point where french resistance fighters or just plain old local town folk figures would sound good! -just something- anything! :evil:

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:25 pm

I voted vehicle.

I saw the 21c figures in TRU when they first came out ... just the figures, somehow the Mustang escaped my notice. I passed on them, though I liked them. Cash flow issues. Had I seen the Mustang, that would have changed my priorities.

My first 21c item, a $5 Willy's Jeep -- bought later on. My second 21c item, a $20 figureless Winter Stuka. I was picking these toys up not because of the figures, but because of their level of detail.

21c's last wave of US figures are in my mind the top. I think AGT could start with a release of the Willy's Jeep or Dodge Truck -- something that everybody (kids and adults) could make use of.

digger

Post by digger » Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:12 am

We might as well dream...

I have to say though what WWII figures would they release? Getting big stores to carry British WWII troops seems like a tall order, Germans also. U.S. we have them all - paras, Rangers, winter, 30 Cal gunner, drivers, tankers, pilots..

I think bbi was still the best at figures and if they did Germans we'd be in for a treat.

Anybody trying to do modern figures really can't compete with Hasbro and the new Joe line. The weapons, the articulation, etc.. at about $6-7 a fig.