Heng long 1/16

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Heng long 1/16

Post by krieglok » Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:07 am

I have been out of the game for a while but I have eased back in a bit with a couple of Heng Long RC 1/16 tanks. They run very well and the cheap RC seems to work pretty good. Nice speed and control unlike the ill-fated RC tanks 21st put out a few years ago.

There seems to be many people sellling the tanks but only a few selling upgrades or spare parts. If you do buy parts from them, the murder you with the shipping.

Anyone out there dabble with these tanks? Any good US based parts sources for them?

I picked up a Stug III and a Jagdpanther that are ripe for detailing and repainting.

I have a Tiger I with metal tracks and gearboxes coming soon, That one took researching at least six online dealers before finding the cheapest overall price.

TJ

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:37 pm

YT
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: Heng long 1/16

Post by YT » Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:34 am

krieglok wrote: I have a Tiger I with metal tracks and gearboxes coming soon, That one took researching at least six online dealers before finding the cheapest overall price.

TJ
Mind sharing where the cheapest was?

krieglok
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by krieglok » Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:15 pm

At the time, this place, http://stores.ebay.com/MideaToys, was the cheapest. Amazon and Ebay have many dealers with various prices but the shipping is what breaks the deal.

I`ll look into the other dealers you gave me. Thanks.

TJ