Bad Cat Blog thinking about dropping JSI jets

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
snake
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by snake » Wed May 12, 2010 5:02 pm

Very discouraging to hear of these business practices.

With a mentality like that I would be surprised to see any North American dealers continue to carry this line.

Who needs the headache. :roll:

I have said this before,but it bears repeating.I will not pre-order any JSI F-14,F-15,or Su27 until I see concrete reviews from collectors.

It seems this company is only interested in profits,and doesn't give a damn about satisfying their customers concerns.

iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by iballdriver » Wed May 12, 2010 5:07 pm

my add in: JSI is dead to me. i will never, ever order a JSI product. ever. i have finite monies for this hobby. unless they man up to HM quality, whcih seems beyond their comprehension, then they are just occupying valuable shelf space for my favorite e-retailers.....

edit: i gave thenm the benefit of the doubt and purchased the spotcat. it's still in the box. gonna have to order the new landing gear. never again. well, i take that back. if they show up in biglots for 10 bucks, then i'll buy some JSI stuff.
coleslaw is a condiment.
Good Trader: Delta Team
vulgarvulture

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Wed May 12, 2010 5:41 pm

tko211 wrote:
Black_Dragon_One wrote: the f14 you personally painted for yourself what squadron is it
I painted a High Vis Black Aces scheme (the one with the white tails, red stripe and spade)

I am also planning to paint a Low Vis scheme of some kind but have not settled on the squadron.
A Black Aces Low scheme would like next to your Hi Vis Black Aces. 8)
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

YT

Re: Bad Cat Blog thinking about dropping JSI jets

Post by YT » Wed May 12, 2010 6:15 pm

VMF115 wrote:Bad Cat thinking about dropping JSI jets
I'll believe it when I see it. :roll:

VMF115

Re: Bad Cat Blog thinking about dropping JSI jets

Post by VMF115 » Wed May 12, 2010 6:23 pm

YT wrote:
VMF115 wrote:Bad Cat thinking about dropping JSI jets
I'll believe it when I see it. :roll:
Since you mentioned it.

http://www.talesofthecat.com/journal/20 ... bject.html
Bad cat says they had good sales with it.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NightVyper » Wed May 12, 2010 6:36 pm

i dont think he realizes that not everyone likes WWII stuff I know I don't. I just prefer Modern stuff to me it is cooler and more fun but thats my opinion i hope that does not anger anyone. i think there is a lot of growth if these companies try to market to GI Joe fans hasbro's new vehicles suck something horrible and there is place for these guys to get in.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Wed May 12, 2010 7:39 pm

its funny when you guys talk about trade law concerning the Chinese.
China can care less about trade laws or patent rights. they do what they want! The Europeans, Canadians and U.S. will never learn! China is like a crack dealer and the world is the junky!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Thu May 13, 2010 6:23 am

I just want my Front Fuselage and Canopy to complete my electronic exclusive F-14. Why is it this hard? Otherwise, I may just throw the thing away.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Thu May 13, 2010 6:42 am

AMERICAN_GRENADIER wrote:its funny when you guys talk about trade law concerning the Chinese.
China can care less about trade laws or patent rights. they do what they want! The Europeans, Canadians and U.S. will never learn! China is like a crack dealer and the world is the junky!
Well, I think the Chinese will get a rude awakening if their practices continue. The world is no longer the spendthrift it was a couple years ago. To succeed in Western trade, the customer has to be considered important. It will be interesting to see how JSI reacts to rejection when they release the next plane. A warehouse full of product is a grim reminder of poor quality......

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Thu May 13, 2010 11:59 am

Now I may be the only one who got a JSI Tomcat that, other than the spots, was in great shape and nothing was broken. It hangs in my room with gear down and is the centerpiece of my collection.
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Thu May 13, 2010 12:10 pm

usmcchet9296 wrote:Now I may be the only one who got a JSI Tomcat that, other than the spots, was in great shape and nothing was broken. It hangs in my room with gear down and is the centerpiece of my collection.
Count me in this private club as well. No part missing, nothing broken and lucky enough to have a canopy that can stay open.

phil

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu May 13, 2010 1:04 pm

usmcchet9296 wrote:Now I may be the only one who got a JSI Tomcat that, other than the spots, was in great shape and nothing was broken.
I am probably one of the few others that got a good Tomcat as well :wink: I've not gotten tired of looking at it and it really is a fantastic work of 1:18 scale art.

The only parts defect I had was a loose pushrod for one of the lower airbreaks. It was an easy fix to reinstall. The spots were the main problem, but I fixed them by repainting over the plane. I have not had the guts to hang the F-14 yet, so it has sat on my display table - on its landing gear - since December 2009. No problems with cracked or snapped landing gear.

Guess I got lucky 8)
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Thu May 13, 2010 1:31 pm

tko211 wrote:
Black_Dragon_One wrote: the f14 you personally painted for yourself what squadron is it
I painted a High Vis Black Aces scheme (the one with the white tails, red stripe and spade)

I am also planning to paint a Low Vis scheme of some kind but have not settled on the squadron.
r u going to do dark ghost gray on top and light on bottom if you do let me know what paint..thanks

how do i paint to give the soft edge of the light and dark ghost gray some one told me to use tissues
whats up doc....

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Thu May 13, 2010 7:26 pm

i must also report that we sold 50 f-14's and 10 of the special led planes and have had no returns. my original order was 60 planes and i did send back 3 planes that had smashed boxes and merit credited me in full including shipping. so i must say that all in all we are happy with the plane and merit.
we also traded 3 planes on this forum and all went very well!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

fightin
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by fightin » Fri May 14, 2010 12:34 am

My Tomcat arrived in pristine condition as well (besides the spots and missing launch bar).

I'm really happy with it as it is the centerpiece of my collection.
We still need more new 1/18 aircraft!

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri May 14, 2010 1:48 am

i am happy as a clamp with my cat.. i bought the fixer upper for the landing wheels and pizza guy remove before flight cover.. great..

this one fit all my gi joe plust marvel universe figure.. great..
whats up doc....

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Fri May 14, 2010 5:25 am

tmanthegreat wrote:
usmcchet9296 wrote:Now I may be the only one who got a JSI Tomcat that, other than the spots, was in great shape and nothing was broken.
I am probably one of the few others that got a good Tomcat as well :wink: I've not gotten tired of looking at it and it really is a fantastic work of 1:18 scale art.

The only parts defect I had was a loose pushrod for one of the lower airbreaks. It was an easy fix to reinstall. The spots were the main problem, but I fixed them by repainting over the plane. I have not had the guts to hang the F-14 yet, so it has sat on my display table - on its landing gear - since December 2009. No problems with cracked or snapped landing gear.

Guess I got lucky 8)
I have had mine for a while and have not even opened the box .to look at it. Maybe someday I will. :D
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

digger

?

Post by digger » Fri May 14, 2010 7:10 am

1) Let's hope the Etailers don't drop JSI jets or we won't be getting anymore. The Etailers are JSI's customers, we are the Etailers customers.
If JSI has no customers for Jets, they won't make them

2) I thought QC was a 21C Toys problem, and it was all their fault and they were doing things wrong every step of the way? KOF and others can attest to this.

tmanthegreat

Re: ?

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri May 14, 2010 10:02 am

digger wrote:1) Let's hope the Etailers don't drop JSI jets or we won't be getting anymore. The Etailers are JSI's customers, we are the Etailers customers.
If JSI has no customers for Jets, they won't make them

2) I thought QC was a 21C Toys problem, and it was all their fault and they were doing things wrong every step of the way? KOF and others can attest to this.
Very much so with the 21c QC issues, but as you know, there is that unwritten "love 21c or get lost" rule on this forum :P

Seriously, however, the difference between JSI having QC issues and the 21c issues is that there was some level of recourse with 21c. 21c was a US-based company so replacement parts or items were available. Most small retaielrs were able to either take returns or work with 21c to get replacement parts. Once could also return defective items to Wal Mart or TRU.

What complicates things now is that JSI is a Chinese-based company US retailers rely on a distributor - not the company itself - to deliver the products. Both JSI and Merit should have made available more recourse for parts replacement and product return than what they have done to date.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

jetsmaniac
Corporal
Corporal

Post by jetsmaniac » Sat May 15, 2010 2:06 am

I am from a country which shares lots of things with China, so I can tell you that they don't have the concept of "customer service". My country is a tad better on this issue, but when I came here 10 years ago, I was shocked with 30-day return guarantee. 30-day return guarantee was unheard of.

To be fair, if there were 30-day return guarantee in China, average Chinese would exploit it and that company will bleed to death. Flat TV? How about watch free 29 days and return on 30th? Or a little switchloo?

They even sell this as a wireless receiver:

Do you expect them to accept this return?

The moral? If you buy anything in China, don't expect return or responsibility.
[url=http://community.webshots.com/user/mtlin550][img]http://inlinethumb33.webshots.com/34784/2860792140071430623S200x200Q85.jpg[/img][/url]
A photo database dedicated to all 1/18 F-14 repainted squadrons.
Click it. Accept submissions today!

NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NightVyper » Sat May 15, 2010 4:05 am

Unfortunately the chinese seem to have a high percentage of morally bankrupt people, tho i have a feeling Communism/Poverty maybe fueling a lot of it. I know we have our share of degenerates here but i am always surprised at how much we take for granted.

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Tue May 18, 2010 7:16 am

Black_Dragon_One wrote:i am happy as a clamp with my cat.. i bought the fixer upper for the landing wheels and pizza guy remove before flight cover.. great..

Do you have a spare front fuselage or canopy that I could buy? Just asking.

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Tue May 18, 2010 7:58 am

tkjaer21 wrote:
Black_Dragon_One wrote:i am happy as a clamp with my cat.. i bought the fixer upper for the landing wheels and pizza guy remove before flight cover.. great..

Do you have a spare front fuselage or canopy that I could buy? Just asking.

sorry ...

i keep u in mine..

did some one on the board blew their cat with bb gun.. may be he might still have his the f14 guy
whats up doc....