WHat dose your Wife, Girlfriend, Friends, Mom, and Ect.

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
flyboy_fx
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by flyboy_fx » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:03 pm

lol...

No girls are into my stuff... Damn.. :roll:

BTW XD looks like the letters X and D not a smile... lmao :lol:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by iballdriver » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:20 pm

VMF115 wrote:We need a sticky with that title...... :lol:
I THOUGHT YOU SAID THE LAST ONE WAS THE LAST ONE?
i have 3 incoming packages.....1 in 1/72 scale from aikens(yay A1!) and 2 1/18 scale from ebay.......hope they come while i' on the road next week...... :shock: :D
bc

....i keep telling her that there are only 3 more that i REALLY REALLY want.....however.......(gotta-haves: Spit, california cutie, hellcat) hint, Hint, HINT.......57 days and counting........;)
coleslaw is a condiment.
Good Trader: Delta Team
vulgarvulture

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Sat Apr 24, 2010 6:58 am

My lovely woman is very supportive of, not only this hobby, but all my crazy toy collecting hobbies. :D Not only that, she's also a member on this forum, but hasn't posted for awhile because she lost her password. She is so great!!!! :D 8)
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sat Apr 24, 2010 7:36 am

tosborne3 wrote:My lovely woman is very supportive of, not only this hobby, but all my crazy toy collecting hobbies. :D Not only that, she's also a member on this forum, but hasn't posted for awhile because she lost her password. She is so great!!!! :D 8)
WHere can I buy one of those? :D lol Jk :lol: :wink:
--Samuel Beckett

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:59 am

aslong as she get diamonds i get my collectibles. although the exchange on this deal works in her favor :shock:
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:14 am

But worth it~ 8)
--Samuel Beckett

HIDEOUS ONE
Corporal
Corporal

huh?

Post by HIDEOUS ONE » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:33 pm

My girlfriend bought me a german halftrack for my birthday 2001, then it was on. I have collected everything I could since then. I have stopped now since there is nothing new. I am 99% percent figures and tanks in my collection. When new stuff comes out I'll be back in. I don't wear cut off jean shorts tight pants aka girls pants, and I don't have a mullet either.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:35 pm

My girlfriend bought me a Spinach ME-109E for my birthday quite a few years ago.

We split up. I can get what I want when I want it now (when I have the funds) but there's not much to buy that I don't already have anyways. :?
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

Melvin
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Melvin » Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:35 am

My girl friend only says 1:18 figure is too small but she also thinks it saves money than 1:6. :D
Big fun with 1:18!

GI546
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by GI546 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:46 am

well, i'm not in a relationship, but i'll tell you what family friends think about it.

most of my friends don't know i collect, but i have one friend that those collect and 2 or 3 that know i collect.

i think my mom's just glad i collect scale models instead of doing drugs, robbing banks, etc.... :D

my dad sometimes stares at them and once told me that he wonders how they get so much detail into such little things. yet all i collect is FOV.

if you ask my little sister she would probably say somethimg like "don't you nerds have something better to do?". then again she listens to the jonas brothers so i wouldn't listen to hear.

overall, most of the people in my life think the stuff is pretty cool, and like someone else said in a reply, the people who see my collection get a history lesson too.

iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by iballdriver » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:23 pm

got "the call" from the wife today......THERE'S ANOTHER BIG BOX AT THE DOOR! UGH!!! NO MORE!!!
this is when i informed her that there are 2 more packages coming this week.......one for my son, and one (1 18 p-51 "killer") for a birthday present for my brother. that got me a bit of a reprieve.....:D
coleslaw is a condiment.
vulgarvulture

NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NightVyper » Fri May 07, 2010 8:24 pm

I have a GI JOE influenced 1:18 collection and I am always surprised at how supportive my wife is. I told her the other day I bought 2 1/18 Apaches and she was like what are they and do they look cool? I can't wait to see them!! It kind of freaks me out but in a good way.

What is really interesting in strange twist of event she has officially Joined the forces of evil and is now Cobra. That kind worries me because she mocks all my JOE/US stuff when she can and tells me cobra can never be defeated.

thatf14guy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by thatf14guy » Sat May 08, 2010 6:25 am

my wife is super supportive of it, even to the point she owns a few planes and tanks herself.

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sat May 08, 2010 8:14 am

thatf14guy wrote:my wife is super supportive of it, even to the point she owns a few planes and tanks herself.
1+
We likes your wif 8) :p
--Samuel Beckett

iballdriver
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by iballdriver » Sat May 08, 2010 10:17 am

now my eye is wandering over to look at mort kunstler prints.......she caught me looking at the gallery last night.......still want to get some other models though.....but gonna have to str----------etch out my collection timelines...... :D
bc
coleslaw is a condiment.
vulgarvulture