ToysNSwords experiences?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

ToysNSwords experiences?

Post by pcoughran » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:48 pm

Was wondering if anyone has experience with ToysNSwords? I ordered a 1/18 BBI BF 109 last Thursday through their website and went through the entire process.
I never got a confirmation email. I tried calling their number multiple times but no one ever answers and they haven't returned my calls that I left on their voicemail. I also sent an email and no response. I haven't found the charge on my credit card yet, but I'm afraid they haven't processed it and if I order again may end up with 2 (it's happened before with small etailers).
Anyway, if someone has any experience with them let me know.
Thanks
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Sat Apr 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Funny you should mention that...A week or so ago, I ordered a 1/32 scale 190D Red 3...The charge went through (Paypal), and then yesterday, I got a refund from paypal for the full amount - No note from ToysNSwords...I sent them a tactful, but critical email on how they handled the transaction, but no response. They still have Red 3 for sale on their website.

YT
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by YT » Sat Apr 03, 2010 9:20 pm

I had the same thing happen a year ago, I think it is a ghost site.

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Toys and Swords

Post by JOC » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:12 pm

I am having the same problem with them too. I got a Shipping Order Review and thats all. No answers to phone calls or emails. I contacted PayPal and will call them again on Monday to initiate a claim. I think we have been scammed gentlemen :evil:

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:33 pm

Weird, they're offering some recently released 1/6 stuff just from a quick glance. Namely the Soldier Story Iwo marine and tank traps.

Doesn't make sense.

Sounds too much like an avoid to me.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Toys and Swords

Post by JOC » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:46 pm

Try contacting their phone number and see what you get! "Mail Box Full"
Sounds like more than an avoid, as you say, how about a Scr-w Job?
JOC

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:41 am

I had to track him down with like a mapquest kinda thing (Can't remember how I did it) And get his personal phone number to get my 1/18 night fighter.. :evil: Like a year ago...
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:50 am

I tried to order some planes from them a year or so ago, same thing, no charge, no planes.

No way any store would have those rare pieces at those prices.

It's a bogus site, a letdown.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Toys and Swords

Post by JOC » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:09 pm

My charge went through to a company called Consolidated Merchandising. Called PayPal and opened a dispute for a refund. They will try to track this down and get money back.
BEWARE
JOC

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:11 pm

Same here.
Im just glad I did not lose $100 in Bday money.. :roll:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Toys and Swords

Post by JOC » Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:56 pm

Just received phone call from Robert from this company. He has refunded my money to PayPal and said they do not have a store, its just an ordering sight. His reply was that he was not monitoring his phone/email and what I had wanted was already sold out.
He did say that he refunded my money. I called PayPal Resolution and they did confirm the refund after they contacted him.
Just another reason for being a member of this sight. Finding out things about sellers from others may help someone in the future.
Thanks to all here for their info
Best regards
JOC

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:15 pm

The saga continues - I just posted about how it looked like ToysNSwords was a "bust." Then not 5 minutes later I got an email from them with a FedEx tracking number for my BBI BF109 for $49.99 plus $7.95 shipping.
I'm flabergasted to say the least. It's been over a week with no contact, returned phone calls or emails. So I'm editing this post.
Stay tuned for more - I'll let you know if anything ever shows up.
Thanks,
Phil

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by uksubs » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:12 pm

I ordered a Me 262 night fighter from them when they first came out & in the end had to get a refund from paypal :twisted:

trex0770
Corporal
Corporal

Post by trex0770 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:19 pm

pcoughran wrote:The saga continues - I just posted about how it looked like ToysNSwords was a "bust." Then not 5 minutes later I got an email from them with a FedEx tracking number for my BBI BF109 for $49.99 plus $7.95 shipping.
I'm flabergasted to say the least. It's been over a week with no contact, returned phone calls or emails. So I'm editing this post.
Stay tuned for more - I'll let you know if anything ever shows up.
Thanks,
Phil
I sent T&S an email this morning on an order from April 1 asking him for shipping information or a return of my payment and got a reply within a couple hours with a FedEx tracking number.
I've ordered 1/6th scale items from them a couple times before. The first couple times went smoothly but the last time (before this latest one) did not. The owner sent me an email apologizing for the non-reply (almost a month) and IIRC he was in the hospital for an extended amount of time due to a serious illness. I only ordered again b/c I was hoping they had cleaned up their act and they never technically screwed me on any purchases.....just took forever!
IMHO, they're kinda wishy-washy and certainly not the ideal business model but I've always gotten my orders in the end (your mileage my vary).

We'll see what happens with my latest order.

art2614
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by art2614 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:07 pm

Man, I really want a BBI 109. That is a good price too, I just don't want to take the chance of getting burned.

Let us know how it turns out.
A place for 1/18 chit chat with no BS
www.fighting118th.com
[img]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/KISSDAWIND/temp_logo.jpg[/img]

JOC
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Toys and Swords

Post by JOC » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:07 pm

I also wanted the 109, but when he called today, he said they were out and had just sent the last one out. He said the website now said out of stock, but last I looked its still there???????? I'm not inclined to try again.
JOC

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:48 pm

art2614 wrote:Man, I really want a BBI 109. That is a good price too, I just don't want to take the chance of getting burned.

Let us know how it turns out.
Maybe I got the last one. Only time will tell. I'll keep you all informed as to the final outcome.

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:31 pm

There is an amazon store front that was selling the FoV Germans for a steal ... I ordered the figures, was immediately charged, got a tracking number, and then the next day got an email saying that they'd be unable to process my order.

Everything was refunded, but I'm watching my credit card more closely now. What I don't understand is how phantom packages can get tracking numbers.

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:24 pm

MCalamari wrote:What I don't understand is how phantom packages can get tracking numbers.
With most automated postage mailing systems you can generate a label and get a tracking number, doesn't mean the package ever actually got submitted to the post office. In fact, as long as it doesn't, the label can be voided and the postage refunded.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:25 pm

DO NOT do business with this 'business'.

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:41 am

coreystinson wrote:
With most automated postage mailing systems you can generate a label and get a tracking number, doesn't mean the package ever actually got submitted to the post office. In fact, as long as it doesn't, the label can be voided and the postage refunded.
That makes some sense ... so is it possible then they are generating the label while somebody else is going to the stock room to pull the items and later find out that they couldn't find the item?

FieldmarshalX
Corporal
Corporal

Post by FieldmarshalX » Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:44 pm

I fell for thier poop a few years back.I was trying to pick up some 1/6 figures they listed,Of course they were out of stock then to.It's a complete joke.Dont walk, RUN away from doing buisness with them.
Hey look a baby wolf!Cpt Wild Bill Kelso U.S. Army AirCorps

P47faninchicago
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by P47faninchicago » Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:18 pm

A couple of years ago I tried to order something and after a week was told it was out of stock. I crossed them off of my list of businesses I deal with and never ordered anything again.

trex0770
Corporal
Corporal

Post by trex0770 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:37 pm

Just a follow up from earlier in the week. Received my order from T&s/consolidated merchandise today. Took 8 days and an email on my part (to confirm) but got exactly what I ordered in perfect condition and a good price.

My personal score with them is 4-0 and 1. The 1 is for a past order that took forever and lots of emailing.

I'd say deal with them (and almost everyone else, especially Ebay) at your own risk.

Good luck to everyone who ordered from T&S and still haven't gotten their orders fulfilled!

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Mon Apr 12, 2010 12:32 pm

Well I finally got the 1/18 BBI BF 109 from ToysNSwords. I originally ordered on March 25th and got no confirmation of my order (no email or reply after emailing and calling). On April 5th or so I got an email with a FedEx tracking number that showed and still does today as INVALID. I called again and emailed again to check the validity. No response. But today FedEx delivered the item so guess they did have it in stock just terrible service and support. I wouldn't recommend them, but on the other hand I would not have gotten the BBI BF109 for $57 including shipping anywhere else I don't think - cheapest on Ebay is about $80.