OURWAR FIGURES

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Stug45
Officer - Brigadier General

OURWAR FIGURES

Post by Stug45 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:16 pm

The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:25 pm

if they look as good in person as they do in the posed pics, they'll be amazing. I thought they were mcfarlane 6 inch figures at first glance.

Anyone know anything about this toy company?...are they affiliated with bbi or jsi in anyway or is this somebody new in the 1/18 game?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

digger

wow

Post by digger » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:45 pm

PTE meet bbi - these guys look great. :P

WW2birdlover
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by WW2birdlover » Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:57 pm

Figures look great from the pictures. I hope they really look like that in the flesh.

BTW, check the "Tieka toys in China Toy Expo" link, you'll see Sallah on the balcony of a Middle Eastern building as well as the sword wielding guy from Raiders with his hands up. :)

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:08 pm

they look really nice lets hope they make it to stores
If interrested in seeing more of my customs check out

http://www.freewebs.com/scopescustoms/index.htm

C130IM
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by C130IM » Sun Mar 21, 2010 7:48 pm

Tieka Toys is a new start up Chinese manufacturer toy company. I think this is their first line-up of figures/toys. I've been trying to find out if they have additional product (ie. figures, vehicles).

I'm hoping to have some of these by next week! There are 7 figures so far in this product line. They are supposed to have good articulation similar to GIjoes. They are 1/18 scale.

From the pictures I've seen they look great! They all appear to have glasses on but not sure if removable or molded on. In either case the camo pattern, gear, weapons look pretty accurate.

When I get them I'll post images and review.

Chad

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:02 pm

These look good. I hope they make it to retail. Otherwise it be expensive if e-bay's the only place to find them.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

C130IM
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by C130IM » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:07 pm

They are packaged in English so hopefully these will be coming to the US market soon. I don't think they're on eBay yet. The retail price I'm not too sure on either. Hope to get some more information soon.

Chad

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:12 pm

C130IM wrote:They are packaged in English so hopefully these will be coming to the US market soon. I don't think they're on eBay yet. The retail price I'm not too sure on either. Hope to get some more information soon.

Chad
They were on ebay they sold out.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

C130IM
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by C130IM » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:16 pm

Wow! I wasnt sure if they were on eBay yet or not. They must of sold out quick! Be nice to see these at retail in the US soon.

Chad

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:25 am

great!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

acisne
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by acisne » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:45 am

They look great! Is it odd that they list the "race" of the soldier? They got a couple listed wrong :D

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:45 am

yeah i noticed that too......it is odd that they are listing the race. Maybe they feel it makes things more techinical or something. :)

acisne
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by acisne » Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:55 am

aferguson wrote:yeah i noticed that too......it is odd that they are listing the race. Maybe they feel it makes things more techinical or something. :)
I also noticed no Hispanics! :lol: Where is that number to the ACLU? :wink:

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:25 pm

C130IM wrote:Tieka Toys is a new start up Chinese manufacturer toy company. I think this is their first line-up of figures/toys. I've been trying to find out if they have additional product (ie. figures, vehicles).

I'm hoping to have some of these by next week! There are 7 figures so far in this product line. They are supposed to have good articulation similar to GIjoes. They are 1/18 scale.

From the pictures I've seen they look great! They all appear to have glasses on but not sure if removable or molded on. In either case the camo pattern, gear, weapons look pretty accurate.

When I get them I'll post images and review.

Chad
Chad where did you buy them from?

digger

OW figs

Post by digger » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:45 pm

They're getting a lot out of limited variations, so hopefully these are close to $5 than $10. I love the articulation and the weapons.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:01 pm

I also noticed no Hispanics! Where is that number to the ACLU?
At the moment they are focused on challenging the legality of drone attacks on Taliban & Al Qaida terrorists, and securing a high school prom night for a lesbian teenager in Mississippi, and not necessarily in that order... :lol: The race issue of the new figures will come later.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

normandy

Post by normandy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:16 pm

These figures look great! Now, ya all knew someone was gonna ask....... Think their gonna make WWII figures? That would be me :wink: I hope they do.... but these figs do look cool. The more Companies in the 1:18th market the better for the collector.

C130IM
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by C130IM » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:28 pm

Got the figures! These are great figures! Excellent detail. Even have the 101st Airborne shoulder patch on the fig.

I've only opened one that is the medic.

For a new company, the quality of the figure is pretty good! All the joints articulate including the wrists (joint at wrist allows wrist to move up and down). The articulation is basically same new Star Wars and modern (ROC, 25th) GIJoe figs. The helmet is removable as well as knee pads, vest, and back pack (water camel I think is what it was called). Nice to have seen this type articulation with FOV and BBI (still great figs). I had no issue with arms falling off or anything else.

The glasses are molded to the face for this one figure. I haven't had a chance to look at the others except in picture; however the picture shows all figures they are wearing glasses. Not to much of a big deal to me.

I got a response to some questions I asked regarding future product:

1. They are going to produce more modern figures. Due to language barrier I'm hoping includes other modern military figs.

2. They are going to also have WWII figures (he stated in progress).

3. Unfortunately, at least right now Military Vehicles are not in the schedule.

I had hoped to get more information but this is a start. He stated the figures sold out quick so Tieka is accelerating production of more figures.

I will provide pics and better review when I get a chance to go through them.

Chad

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:33 pm

Chad did you get the figures from ebay? Are these going to be sold in the states?

I hope the WW2 figures turn out good.

C130IM
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by C130IM » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:00 pm

Stug45

No not from eBay. I got them from a friend who is a distributor for Tieka Toys. He does sell on eBay but I believe he has a physical store in China.

I'm assuming they'll hit US stores. The carded figures are all in English. I got the Chinese PLA figs from eBay and all cards are in chinese and these are the pla figs that are not in US. But not really a good judge of distribution based on just packaging language. lol

If and when they'll hit US stores I'm not sure, I'll check with and find out.

I'll have some pics of the figs up soon.

Chad

normandy

Post by normandy » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:02 pm

Chad, thanks for the intel! WWII figs great news................

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Mar 22, 2010 7:36 pm

great news all around...

perhaps in time they'll expand to vehicles as well. These guys will make a nice fill in for bbi's disappearance.

C130IM
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by C130IM » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:02 pm

I have to say just after looking at the figs they can match up against BBi and FoV (especially in articulation). FoV has little more fine detail/weathering but I wouldn't ding Tieka for that. plus I want to get a closer look at the other figs out of package. The camo pattern and other details on the uniform make these some sharp figs. Plus they have no problem holding onto their weapons.

Company has potential especially if they establish an efficient distribution network for their product and maintain good quality control especially as Tieka grows and demand for their product increases.

I think they may produce a foriegn element. Mere speculation but he did say that Tieka would be producing more modern figures.

Chad

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Mon Mar 22, 2010 8:26 pm

its always good to see new players come out with new stuff
my initial impression is positive and of course I would love to see more WWII figures with acticulation like hasbro does. Right now hasbro's figures have the best articulation and DML had the best detail of all the players out there. AllGo take note .... Dont re-release redo-over
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi