very odd and interesting XD situation

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Coreyeagle48
Officer - Brigadier General

very odd and interesting XD situation

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:43 pm

Hey Guys

I just have to report this one as it is so unreal and so amazing to me that it just made me think I guess, LOL. I usually go to Walmart near my house, 5 to 10 minutes away. For months they have had no XD to speak of, an occassional tank or 32X item but that is it, and they were usually gone fast.

Tonight we had a invite to a friends in NJ, we stopped at the Walmart in Whitehall (15 minutes away from the other one and smaller) They had about 10 P-47's and loads of 32X and XD APC's. I was very tempted to buy the bubbletop P-47 but then realized i had to get going and couldn't look at them close.

This is amazing to me, two stores, only a few miles apart literially and they have a totally different inventory. Now I know why some people can find this stuff and some can't. Just amazing to me that two stores of the same chain have such a different ordering priority and stock.

Interesting also that this stores seemed to carry twice the number on VHS tapes the other one does too!

Corey

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:58 pm

It is interesting how WM stores carry different merchandise with respect to 21st items. I've been to quite a few WM's in my area and have seen some stores with a good supply of 21st items and others with virtually nothing. I guess that's what makes hunting for the items that much more fun. You don't know which stores will carry what and when they will get them in, if ever.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:27 pm

I have the same situation.. I have two VERY similar stores about a few miles apart.. One carries almost everything while the other doesn't carry anything or very little.. I don't understand it either.. :oops:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:34 pm

Happens in Fresno as well. The store nearest to me - and also the newest and largest WM - has the worst selection. A smaller store several miles away on the west end of town usually gets most of the new stuff, though within the past few months, that hasn't been the case. The store with the best selection currently is on the south side in a ghetto where the billboards in Spanish outnumber the ones in English :roll:

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by c44 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 10:17 pm

One of the few knowledegable "associates" I've met in Wal-Marts explained to me that not only are toy stocks completely different from store to store, but the entire inventory of various stores can be radically different from location to location...as far as how the demographics relate to what goes on the shelves, well, Sam is making a millions, so he must know something, but WM would do themselves & customers a favor by putting price tags on more of their items...more than half the 21CT items I've seen don't have a price indicated, and the ones that don't seem to sit a lot longer on the shelves...
PS Has anyone noticed the electronic scanners customers could use to check prices are fast becoming extinct? Are they being abducted by extra-terr mini-cyborgs to interbreed with? Where did they all go...?
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...