21c at weekend of Heroes next weekend

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
OnWu
Sergeant
Sergeant

?

Post by OnWu » Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:11 am

BCA: "Please join us at WEEKEND OF HEROS June 25-26th in Ontario, California. ... We'll be debuting our newest 1:18 Exclusive!
Did anyone find out the answer to this?

Tinman
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Tinman » Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:15 am

Wow, markecho - thank you for sharing your photos!
A lot to be excited about, considering the lull we've been in:

1:18. OK, so they're not perfect, but I'm pysched for the bbi paras. Could always use the mortar and the .50 cal, anyway.

I've been getting more into Build-A-Rama's accessories, finding that they really help to make vehicles "come alive." So the new buildings will be a welcome addition.

And the F-104s, despite their no-doubt imperfections, look great. I'm not big on repaints, but might manage to find room for both paint schemes (the VN version being a must-have).

1:6. A scale I got out of a while back, mostly due to space limitations. But my 13 year old son and I were both drooling over the Romans, so I could see fitting in a piece or two.

And is there really a Tiger I coming out in 1:6?! If it's reasonably affordable, I might outrage my wife and squeeze one in somehow....

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:24 am

boomboomjr wrote:you know , that 104 seemed a little light for its size. the mock up at the show must not be an actual toy. I remembered last night that the young guy with mike at 21 century said they are hoping to actually have avengers ,(not prototype)the toys at comic con. so for those who go good luck. you may get one. the bbi paratroopers really look good. and i assume you can throw them into the air with that parachute. I was really disappointed with the model builder turn out this year. both that and the dioramas were lame. even the actual vehicles full scale were not as much.
The 104 is the real thing. It is just that light..... Any news of Sunday?? Zach, Britt, anything to report??

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

Bruzzer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bruzzer » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:00 am

I took a few pics at the show and put them in a webshots album. Click on the website button below.
I had to go to a wedding so I went through the show quick. I know I forgot to take a pic of the new BadCat "Red Devil" F18. I went to the planes at the 21st Century Booth, grabbed some freebie posters and left. Like the other guys have been saying if you were a 1/6 guy it was great. Airsoft dealers had a big presence also. I bought some metal signs to put in my hobby room so I was happy.
Will I drive the 5hrs to the show next year? Probably, there were some deals and the possibliity that I'll find something cool. The good news I've talked to my brother from San Diego. He's going to ComicCon and has early entry. I have to start my wish list for stuff to buy. :)

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:20 am

Unfortunatly, I've been really sick the past 5 days and was not able to head out there. I wish I could though, looks like even if the show was a bomb there were a few 1:18 aircraft goodies on display!

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:53 am

p51 wrote:Unfortunatly, I've been really sick the past 5 days and was not able to head out there. I wish I could though, looks like even if the show was a bomb there were a few 1:18 aircraft goodies on display!
What is just blowing me away is the fact that 21st has chosen to pass up the two most important military venues of the year (WOH/Dragonexpo) and launch its major campaign at Comicon, where 98% of the people could care less about miltary/WWII stuff.?????
IMHO, whomever the event coordinator is at 21st needs to be replaced because they obviously could care less about the continuing growth/prosperity of 21st Century toys... :cry:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

kevrut

21C

Post by kevrut » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:34 pm

Thanks for the pics Bruzzer. :) What's the story on the grey BlackHawk? :shock:

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:47 pm

Harry: it could be a timing issue on 21c's part ie when things will be ready to show and it also could be that they are trying to attract new collector's to their products, feeling that they already have good exposure among military collectors.

Could also be they don't know what they are doing.....heheh. :D

digger

CC v. WOH

Post by digger » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:20 pm

I agree with timing of new product and trying to "branch out" but we should also keep in mind the exposure they get at CC. It's a huge show with more retailers and much better coverage on the net, forums, etc...Show something at WoH and there's a chance only the people who are there will see it. :roll:
On that note, anybody remember to snap a photo of the new BCA exclusive?

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:43 pm

Any info on the grey bbi blackhawk on display :?:
Thanks for the photos :D
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:49 pm

There was a picture posted of the new Euro version FW-190 (#14). Any info from 21st if that will be for sale in the United States? I am assuming that the one pictured was for display only.

Again, thanks for the reports. :D
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

digger

?

Post by digger » Mon Jun 27, 2005 1:49 pm

So that Red Devil F-18 was a sick joke? :?

I hope they're not calling that Blackhawk a repaint. Rather than playing with an airbrush I wish the clown who mocked that up would mount a damn MG in the window or something - as is that bird is for toting around Al Franken on his USO tour.... :roll:

gustav
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by gustav » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:29 pm

me wants a nice side-skirted mark iv and a fw in pretty german boxes, which should be red, white, and black, but i guess that would be a little over the top. probably illegal too, given the current state of the law in germany.

will we have access to these things? will we have to pay outrageous prices for them over the internet? any suggestions on where to look?

so many questions!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:35 pm

my advice is to get friendly with some of our european board members. We have lots of stuff over here that they want.....trade time. :wink:

digger

panzer

Post by digger » Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:37 pm

I'm not worried about getting the "Euro" Panzer so much as any Panzer with side skirts. S2, S3...who cares. Obviously if they made it available I would get it, but we should be getting at least one with skirts over here, right? :?

As for the 190 - yea, I think they should release that over here... :roll: ....they're really is a shortage of those 190s, we could always use an S5..... :lol:

Bruzzer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Bruzzer » Mon Jun 27, 2005 3:21 pm

I believe the blackhawk is a new repaint. When I asked the gentleman at the booth. He asked me to come back later when someone who knew about it would be there? I didn't have the time. I guess its going to be a spec ops bird, very flat finish.
Bad Cat did have the prototype Red Devil F18. He had a sign up sheet to get and idea of on the interest of the jet. Full color markings so it must be the CAG bird. I told him I'd but one.
BTW the F104 is very nice, I can't wait. They told me end of July or August.

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 5:26 pm

Anyone get photos of the F-18?

markecho
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by markecho » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:18 pm

Well sorry guys I didn't have more info on those paras for you...I usually don't ask people with badges at booths anymore..because frankly most of us know more than them ;) unless it is one of the head hanchos like 21st C had at last years comic con.

But to answer some of the questions that were posted...on the bbi paras no that yellow life vest is molded and painted on, so from what I saw it cannot be removed. and neither can the parachute rig. the harness is molded/glued to his shoulder and body. I was very disappointed when I saw this..i guess you either have to cut off the straps or let it hang over this shoulders - but still that leaves the rig that he is wearing. One figure of this would have been fine..but if they come out with all 6 of these like that - can you say peg warming....I mean there are still some bbi modern peg warmers at all the TRUs I go to..and they are different style figs!
-The other site I posted on for some reason downsized the pics so here are the a few of the figures but bigger size so you can see better detail...
http://community.webshots.com/album/380969139CGQbTq

Also I didn't even know that F18 at BadCat's booth was the exclusive...I was like ok another repaint...so they splashed a little bit of red on the tails..again nothing that impressed me too much (but again I'm an armor guy). So I missed snapping a pic of that.
I was just really dissapointed that they didn't bring any XD marines! They were trying to move their stock of planes...EVERYONE was! Another vendor said last year at the show the planes went like hotcakes...this year...his stack was taller than me!

Those 1:6 romans you saw, the guy at Ignite told me August (ok ok i had to try since IGnite is a new company)..so to me that means earliest is way late in this year.
and yes 1:6 tanks have been around for a few years or more now - some are even RC. That's all I'm going to say about that because your wife would probably hunt me down if I gave you any more info...but just for your curiosity a non RC Tiger could run between $600 (a price I saw at the show) to $1000.

Well I wish I had more pics and better news...but we are dealing with toy companies fellas - and like any business...set backs, missed deadlines, poor QC....(sigh)..that's the name of the game. but on the bright side...sometimes it is only a matter of time. i mean a few year back didn't we see protos of the huey cobra, M113, german WWII tankers??

Yes Comic Con is right around the corner and like last year 21st and maybe bbi will be one of the first booths I go to (unless I can find a someone with a KOTO clone).
We'll see what happens then - I'll try to take more pics this year also. anything specific so I know what to shoot this time?

Yeah this dry spell sucks..but do what I did..start up SW again! ...nooooooooo!!!!
It is the dang toy companies that have sometimes made me want to stop collecting toys!!!

BELTxFED
Sergeant
Sergeant

WOH

Post by BELTxFED » Mon Jun 27, 2005 9:55 pm

21C rep told me about the Avenger:
It would be out "later this year". It "won't be sold at Wal Mart" with the reason being "the new box is too big" & will be sold through the hobbyshops. The retail price will be greater than the usual WWII planes. He estimated around $60-$80. Note: my source was a younger rep & not the owner.
21C did have a ton of free aircraft posters which included an Avenger poster. At the last Comicon, I suggested they give away posters at these conventions so I was a bit happy over that.
Also at the last Comicon, the owner was very high on producing a twin prop ME-210, ME-262 jet & F-86 jet. At WOH, there was no news about any of those planes.
The silver F-104 looks was darn impressive & is a way better looking & interesting than the cammo scheme.
There was an all black P-40 in which I had no interest. But it was nice.
Bad Cat's booth was lame. I did get a Galland which I'm grateful for. But, I would have gotten a Corsair or P-38 also. Instead they had a bunch of pathetic 21C 1/6 figures.
Prices for Forces of Valor stuff remained at Ebay levels throughout the show which was a bummer.
There was some nice 1/18 & 1/32 diorama stuff at one booth, but those items were too pricey for me.
War Toys was very willing to bargain & made me some nice 1/6 deals as they did last year. Javier & his crew did try to spread some good will around the show.
The highlight of the weekend was meeting Ed Pepping & getting a couple autographed photos.

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:35 pm

I would LOVE a Red Devil's F-18! They are based out of MCAS Miramar, and used to be one of the MCAS El Toro squadrons (I live very near to MCAS El Toro). I would definatly buy one of those the second they are released!

digger

para, repaints, etc...

Post by digger » Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:42 am

Guys - great recon, no complaints. Markecho, I too would have taken little interest in another F-18 repaint unless maybe it was that badass chippy-ho version 8) I wish they made an A-10 and were as proud of that as they were the BH & Hornet.... :roll:

But...my main beef is with those figures!!! WHY O' WHY did they have to be F&$#d with? They were SO cool in the old photos what IDIOT thought it would be a good idea to make them ALL pre-jump? :x I understand the "toy" aspect with the working parachute, etc....but from the looks of it those are not $3 figures and w/o a C-47 it makes NO SENSE to have them all permamently wearing harnesses and life-vests. How could they take such awesome figures, all that sweet gear we've been wanting, then do something so stupid? I will buy a bunch, line them up like it's June 5th but that's about it. Maybe some extras for the gear but I really did plan on buying cases of those guys.....let's just pray they still do the Rangers and Infantry and don't screw those up too. Such a long wait to find such a small but terrible mistake. Hell, we've waited this long, anyway they could resculpt those? :?

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: WOH

Post by Teamski » Tue Jun 28, 2005 5:29 am

BELTxFED wrote:21C rep told me about the Avenger:
It would be out "later this year". It "won't be sold at Wal Mart" with the reason being "the new box is too big" & will be sold through the hobbyshops. The retail price will be greater than the usual WWII planes. He estimated around $60-$80. Note: my source was a younger rep & not the owner.
God, I hope this isn't the case! This would be almost catastrophic. I would be obligated to get a pair, nontheless, but it would suck not being able to get them at Walmart where visibility for the XD line is always greater, and cheaper, of course.

Boy, the show looked like a real bust. Oh well....... I have faith....

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

OnWu
Sergeant
Sergeant

Bad News

Post by OnWu » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:16 am

Belt wrote:
21C rep told me about the Avenger:
It would be out "later this year". It "won't be sold at Wal Mart" with the reason being "the new box is too big" & will be sold through the hobbyshops.
Not good news from a production standpoint. WM gets top priority now. Since this isn't going to WM the TBM will definitely be put on the backburner at a time when even the frontburner isn't working very well. It also helps explain the numerous delays.

On a positive note, this would be a victory for humanity from a political standpoint.