Will you buy the new ALL_GO Passion Wagen?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Buckyroo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:24 pm

BBI P-51s also include HHH and 2 RAAF Mustangs (the RAAF Mustangs were only available in Australia, though)

BLACKSNAKES
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by BLACKSNAKES » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Don't forget about the Indiana ANG F-16 :D
Good Trader List:
cardenas
popeye357
ram04
xddave
hworth18
PanzerArm
nooker21
paulwong
gliderdwm
sax5thave
Jnewboy
tpa05
warbike

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:53 pm

I would like one, but I believe thay are starting out a little high. I hope they are not just watching Ebay prices and thinking this is reasonable.

I'm hoping that this is just a limited edition and future models will be slightly lower, I realize the thirty dollar 1/18s are gone, but if we are a niche market, I can't believe any new company can survive with limited sales.

BELTxFED
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by BELTxFED » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:08 pm

My disappointment with 21C was over the sloppy P-47D "Eileen" paint job.

I want a tweaked mold design, unbroken parts and a sharp paint job.

If I'm impressed, I'll buy. It's up to 21C really.

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Will you buy the new All_Go Passion Wagon

Post by 456THBG » Wed Jan 27, 2010 6:47 pm

I've already got all the "stock" 21st Century P-51s...I'll get this one as well. (I always liked the 21st molds better than BBI's...)
Like many have already said, I really want AllGo to succeed and to keep the 1/18th scale alive. Who knows what will happen with JSI at this point?
I'll try to support any company that is viable in this scale, as long as I remain passionate (no pun intended) about collecting 1/18th planes!

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:04 pm

I pretty much stick to armor, so the P-51 is not of interest to me. The KT is what I really want.
But I just want to say that while I can understand the reluctance to spend $100 for this plane; you really have to consider that no matter what, these guys are in business to make money. They have to pay rent on their office, phone bill, electric bill, etc. and no one works for free.
I have a friend who gets items manufactured (simple one piece plastic things too boot) in China and even if they already have the molds, it still costs quite a bit for them to change over the assembly lines to make your item. China is also not the bottom of the barrel cheap place it used to be, they have learned American compaines want things made and they will pay what the Chinese want to have it done.
No matter what I think we should all be happy that there is even a company willing to take the risk and make an attempt to give us 1/18 crazies something even remotely new. Lets give them a chance and not beat them down before item one has even become available. Just my 2 cents.
"When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the
government fears the people you have liberty."
--Thomas Jefferson

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Wed Jan 27, 2010 10:31 pm

I'll be buying it. I'm still going to wait til next week (pay check) before preordering ... in hopes that a few more vendors will have them. But I'm excited about the plane!

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:07 pm

Would it be worth it if they tossed in a crewmember or two...hint. hint. I know they made the molds for WW2 Mechanics and tool boxes. If each release had a pilot and a different mechanic it would make it really hard to pass up.
Good trades: C00per, pcb122605, digger, vulgarvulture X2, General Blasto X2, Light.Inf.Scout, V2 Man, Sentinel, xddave, grunt1

[img]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/230/230828/folders/190465/2439227TAMBOSIGsmall.JPG[/img]

digger
Officer - Brigadier General

p-51

Post by digger » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:56 am

Tambo wrote:Would it be worth it if they tossed in a crewmember or two...hint. hint. I know they made the molds for WW2 Mechanics and tool boxes. If each release had a pilot and a different mechanic it would make it really hard to pass up.
This might have been answered, but does it even come with a pilot?

cdtanner
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by cdtanner » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:14 am

I will probably get one. I am new to the hobby and don't have an OD P-51 yet.

P47faninchicago
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by P47faninchicago » Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:37 pm

I will be buying definitely

heiss66
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by heiss66 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:46 pm

Good luck to AG, I'll buy, can't go wrong if it's as limited as suggested.
What's the old expression. When they're gone they're gone.

normandy

Post by normandy » Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:31 pm

I still don't know. I'm a 1:18th collector from the beginning ('01 '02). I saw the German Panther and the Me-109 at toys r us and got them both. But over time I seem to like Armor more.
All_GO's Mustang looks Fantastic and I like the direction their going, I know there are plenty of wing nuts that will help them sell 1:18th Aircraft.
Being a treadhead I'd like to see more Armor......the King Tiger and maybe a rebirth of the Panzer IV, you know there are many customs that can be made from this model. :wink:
All the Best to All-GO !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Normandy

bigriver
Corporal
Corporal

Post by bigriver » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:37 am

I will be getting one.It will be a collectors item 10-15 yrs from now .
Mighty ships of war!

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:13 am

It appears that from the responses posted so far that this plane is not well supported and AGT may be in for some hard times with this release. I'm also not going to get this plane as it is too expensive for a plane that has been redone too many times IMO.

Ferrari250GTO
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Ferrari250GTO » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:56 pm

tko211 wrote: Still too early, we spoke about this today on a quick call and it looks like 100.00 is going to be the higher retail price for hobby shops and such who only carry 4-8 at a time. Typical vendor orders will yield a lower retail price point closer to the 79.99 mark or so. Again- this is all still being worked out and final numbers are just about ready. ETA is looking like April if all the QC process and final product checks go smooth.

Unfortunately there is simply no other way to produce 1:18 planes for less than the 79.99 mark (unless it was a komet or something like that). With Mass retail out of the picture and running shorter limited runs this is what the pricing will be like going forward. I'm ok with the price point knowing what it takes to make it work for both the manufacturer and the retailers.

At least All-Go plans to provide some superior service and include plans for any defective product. That's a good step in the right direction.

All for now. Hope that helps.
From the main All-Go thread.
I don't think anybody said that the $100 price tag was set in stone.
Therefore, wouldn't a lot of people buy it for $80?
But then, the P51 and the Me109 (Bf109 :roll: ) are the most used, maybe overused aircraft in 1:18.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:36 pm

i fell this is the best forum on the web! but we must take into consideration that we are small part of the purchasing public. i hope for the future of 1/18 that this first release sells out very quickly! and ALL_GO moves on to the next project
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:46 pm

Indeed, forums are a very small part of it. Just coz it wasn't hailed with a tickertape parade here is not an accurate gauge that it's gonna fail. Same goes the other way as well.

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:35 am

I disagree with AG's assumption that we are just a forum and a minority. Now that we've moved beyond Wally-World marketing and distro. We are the core audience and customers. There are a TON of folks on this board that lurk, purchase, but never post.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sun Jan 31, 2010 6:38 am

I didnt say we are just a forum! it seems the opinions are about split on the new PW. taking into consideration that thousands more people never use any forum and collect 1/18 i hope this means a better response from the larger collecting public. as a dealer myself ive sold hundreds of pieces that the forum has hated. i respect the views of the forum members and have taken into consideration the views of new products before i purchase them for my store. venders would do well by checking with forums to see member views and opinions. there are guys here who know far more than the people out there making the items we collect.

I will say i agree with many of the pros and cons im hoping the PW will do well in the general market!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:30 pm

AG,
You make some great points by bringing your Vendor's perspective to this board.
Thanks sir.

heiss66
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by heiss66 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:27 pm

Heck Ya I'm going to load up on these babes when they arrive. You guys who say you'll pass. Maybe the same thought crossed your mind when you left that Spitfire on the shelf. Info on the boards says 3200 pieces total. Just the members on this board could buy up that amount. The $100.00 price, my guess is several members here have it sized up right, more like $79.99 to $89.99 when it's all said and done.

Can't wait for the PW and can't wait to see what is next. Four in a row has me stoked.

art2614
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by art2614 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:32 pm

AMERICAN_GRENADIER wrote:I didnt say we are just a forum! it seems the opinions are about split on the new PW. taking into consideration that thousands more people never use any forum and collect 1/18 i hope this means a better response from the larger collecting public. as a dealer myself ive sold hundreds of pieces that the forum has hated. i respect the views of the forum members and have taken into consideration the views of new products before i purchase them for my store. venders would do well by checking with forums to see member views and opinions. there are guys here who know far more than the people out there making the items we collect.

I will say i agree with many of the pros and cons im hoping the PW will do well in the general market!

I think it's to much for an over done P51 and it's a NoGo for me.

Just wondering since you said you are a retailer, how many of these $100 planes are you going to buy? Would you be afraid to order to many considering the response that most members here and elsewere are not going to pay the high price? Or are you going to load up on them and are considering them a hot item? Just curios on my end as to what retailers are going to do. Any response would be appreciated. Thanks!
A place for 1/18 chit chat with no BS
www.fighting118th.com
[img]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/KISSDAWIND/temp_logo.jpg[/img]

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:56 pm

God, why do I get the sense there are BCA Rob sockpuppets here????

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:42 pm

Why? Because they like the plane and plan to buy it? What's BCA got to do with any of this? Just curious.