Lottery

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:51 am

I would love to have one.
Last edited by VMF115 on Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

norman888
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by norman888 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:04 am

Man some of you guys have just too much time on your hands. If you are against this "lottery" don't participate and it will wither on the vine. If you do not know SkyWorksToys do a little bit of research. By making this into some sort of uber conspiracy or the beginning of the end of SSHQ, your exaggeration and confrontation will make this into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Spend $10 on a chance to get a F-14 and think of it only as that...trying to make more out of this only gets your (and others') blood pressure up for no important reason :D

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:13 am

cranedriver wrote:Thank you for calling me stupid Jack. It shows class and that is exactly what I expected from you. I am sure you will operate your "lottery " in a similar fashion.
I call you stupid because we should call things the way they are ,why did you post obscure piece of law with out reading it first if you did than you know that it has no application here and also if somebody draws attention to this site and thread it is you with your malicious intent ,you try to charge me with crime i did not do, preemptive strike to avoid what ? more people joining I wish they do ,and I hope they are open minded ,Your whishy washy attitude is amazing you worry about future people joining for raffle alone CHANGE RULES THEN because unless you are mind reader YOU DONT KNOW HOW IT IS GOING TO CHANGE FUTURE do YOU?
Fact is people joining this raffle I dont twist they arms to do it I just change rules in my previous post (READ IT!) which means that I will donate most of the plane to the lottery
And few of you angry man do every thing possible to stop it LET PEOPLE DO WHAT THEY WANT and stop being forum Nazi police it is not up to you it is up to people to chose what they want and up to P51 or Aferguson to stop it.
You are observer no a participant All this negativity coming from nice gesture unbelievable how people can complicate things how saboteurs find a way to read and emphasize deception in all my actions

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:17 am

norman888 wrote:Man some of you guys have just too much time on your hands. If you are against this "lottery" don't participate and it will wither on the vine. If you do not know SkyWorksToys do a little bit of research. By making this into some sort of uber conspiracy or the beginning of the end of SSHQ, your exaggeration and confrontation will make this into a self-fulfilling prophecy.

Spend $10 on a chance to get a F-14 and think of it only as that...trying to make more out of this only gets your (and others') blood pressure up for no important reason :D
I could not voice that better ,Thanks

cranedriver
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cranedriver » Tue Jan 26, 2010 10:31 am

You are right Jack P51 or Aferg will have to decide, if this is a good thing for the forum members or if this is a only a good thing for Jack.
Is that you John Wayne, this is me!!

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:48 pm

Jack, you sound like a dropout from the Badcat school of PR. You had a better image when Pickelhaube was trying to sabotage your business, now you just showed everyone what you're really like. :P
Nev

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:03 pm

I still declare shenanigans.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:08 pm

I'm still trying to figure out how "donate" and doing a "good thing" is possible when the money is being kept. A good thing and donation means to give money correct? If not, I still say I have a MIB F-16 that I'll "donate" to a lottery on this site to make myself $550.00 ;-)

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Jack along with the pickle and Zach has to be the hardest working men in this hobby.... 8)

I myself are wondering about the legalities myself, but please be nice and cut Jack some slack. I guess it is in P-51 and afergs hands now. Until then lets all be like little Fonzie's and be cool. :wink:
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:35 pm

To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

norman888
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by norman888 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:03 pm

SkyWorksToys wrote: I could not voice that better ,Thanks
The mob mentality just really bothers me about situations like this.

Someone throws out some wacked out conspiracy and someone else copies and pastes something from some Gambling website that they did not even read or understand and before you know it any chance at getting a custom F-14 for $10 is blown away.

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:17 pm

If a dude gets a premo custom tomcat for $10 that's pretty good for them in my book. I'm not concerned in the least with what the guy does with the money from lot sales, really none of my business. But, and to no surprise, this has turned into something personal. Gotta love consistency.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:23 pm

He has not been here for 6 months. He should wait 6 months like every one else.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

DropTank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by DropTank » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:30 pm

Stug45 wrote:He has not been here for 6 months. He should wait 6 months like every one else.
I agree. . It has always been 6 months for everyone.
FLY NAVY

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:38 pm

This has already been dispelled with MTS taking up the reigns.

parrish333
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Enough already!

Post by parrish333 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:45 pm

I think one of the moderators needs to step in and just settle it already. Both sides have justifiable points - aferg or P51 just need to make the call, and then everybody abide by it.

DropTank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by DropTank » Tue Jan 26, 2010 2:47 pm

vmf214 wrote:This has already been dispelled with MTS taking up the reigns.
Then let MTS raffle it on their site.
FLY NAVY

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:11 pm

Why don't some of you just quit beating around the bush and say what you feel, you don't like Jack, his stuff is too expensive for you, you feel obligated to crap on him. To have a chance at winning something very expensive for a measily $10 isn't a bad thing. To be concerned with what he's gonna do with the money etc is what is assanine. WHO CARES! How badcat even came into the fray is beyond me. The guy gets the scheiße insulted out of him then some are surprised to his reaction and naturally exploit it. Enough already, yeah let MTS host it, then it'll for sure hit the 55 quota by people that are concerned with a chance at something cool and not concerned with stiring up a pot of bs.

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:11 pm

Now Im just going to ad gasoline to fire but if you follow logic : Do you seriously believe that 6 months of being member will change person character from bad to good ? this is not a church of Jesus Christ this is full of mean people with to much voice ,internet gives power to ignorants of this world hiding behind computer screen, fortunately they are good people to. If somebody is a cheat or idiot belonging to this particular forum wont help hem, it did not help few who post on this thread, now would you rather let hem trade as soon as possible and see what kind a person he is, then you have reason to kick bad apple out.As far as Bad Cat PR(and my) problem ,well he is dealing with idiots all the time I was just exposed recently

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:17 pm

vmf214 wrote:Why don't some of you just quit beating around the bush and say what you feel, you don't like Jack, his stuff is too expensive for you, you feel obligated to crap on him. To have a chance at winning something very expensive for a measily $10 isn't a bad thing. To be concerned with what he's gonna do with the money etc is what is assanine. WHO CARES! How badcat even came into the fray is beyond me. The guy gets the scheiße insulted out of him then some are surprised to his reaction and naturally exploit it. Enough already, yeah let MTS host it, then it'll for sure hit the 55 quota by people that are concerned with a chance at something cool and not concerned with stiring up a pot of bs.
Thank you sir ! straight to the point no BS We need more common sense voice of reason good people like you

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:36 pm

I really could care less either way, and I have no particular opinion about SWT or anyone else, but after reading some posts I feel some folks are confused about what this is at the core: it's a Sale transaction initiated by a seller, SWT. For the buyers it's a game of chance. It's a fun thing to participate in as a buyer, but at the end of the day SWT is guaranteed to be made whole (or whole plus some).

So the question is: does SWT deserve an exception to the BST trade rules or not? If so, it will set a precedent and P51 and Aferg will get to review each exception case made by new Board members in the future. If not, are then retailers granted a no-probation period to sell on this Board?

Is this becoming a bigger deal than need be? Maybe.

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:46 pm

Good point, and again this has been addressed by MTS taking control of the raffle. It's not gonna happen here, so it may as well end now. No secret he's not the most popular person here. Anyone that doesn't follow the herd generally isn't.

"Is this becoming a bigger deal than it needs to be?" A long time ago

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:37 pm

yeah, i'm sitting this one out too. If MTS want to take the reigns, let them run it through their website. I would rather save up and buy one myself then donate $10 for someone else to have one.

So while I'm not keen on this idea, If anyone else wants to go for it then cool. Maybe even Skyworks should just have this raffle going straight off their website?
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:59 pm

vmf214 wrote:Why don't some of you just quit beating around the bush and say what you feel, you don't like Jack, his stuff is too expensive for you, you feel obligated to crap on him. To have a chance at winning something very expensive for a measily $10 isn't a bad thing. To be concerned with what he's gonna do with the money etc is what is assanine. WHO CARES! How badcat even came into the fray is beyond me. The guy gets the scheiße insulted out of him then some are surprised to his reaction and naturally exploit it. Enough already, yeah let MTS host it, then it'll for sure hit the 55 quota by people that are concerned with a chance at something cool and not concerned with stiring up a pot of bs....

...Good point, and again this has been addressed by MTS taking control of the raffle. It's not gonna happen here, so it may as well end now. No secret he's not the most popular person here. Anyone that doesn't follow the herd generally isn't.

"Is this becoming a bigger deal than it needs to be?" A long time ago
Fair enough, I shouldn't care since I've no intention of joining this lottery, I've already an example of his work and it's enough. However you've asked and an honest question deserves an honest answer.

I never met Jack in person, so I've no way of knowing if I like him or not.

I've already received one of his "commissions that was not picked up", paid a lot for it too. Expense is not a question for me. Trust is. Recall the photo review I'd recently posted here. That P-51 was sold based on Jack using the rep he'd developed. He used that rep to get rid of a piece of junk. He has since stated that I've no idea how lucky I am getting his first ever custom. It was not sold on that basis (it was claimed to be a commission that was not picked up, you'll see that also stated in the first post in this topic for the F-14), it was sold using his rep (which has cost him dearly with me). His stuff is certainly not too expensive for me, I just don't trust him, but that's my call based purely on personal experience and everyone should decide for themselves. I hope they do.

Even more sadly to me is MTS position stating that Skyworks is a sister company. Recall that same photo review of the custom RN Hellcat I'd bought from them. MTS lost a lot of good will from me by doing the same thing, using their rep to get rid of that junk. MTS is learning the wrong lessens from their sister company.

I've no obligation to "crap on him" as you mention. In fact I feel it best for me to stay away from this entire subject, I just don't want to be attacked by his method of "defending" himself.

Based on past experience, (things could be, and likely are, different now) should there be a prob with this F-14 the likely response will be along the lines of "You don't know how lucky you are getting my first lottery prize for only $10.00". Of course I have no way of knowing what the future may bring and am only extrapolating based on experience.

MTS doesn't appear to be hosting this lottery, they only bought five tickets to help move it along.

Please keep in mind that I don't know Jack, I can only base my views on what I've seen from him. Based on past experience with others, if we were neighbors, we could easily be the best of friends. Your mileage may vary and I hope it does.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:55 pm

I'm a pretty new member and while this seems a good deal and I really don't think that this is a scam, its not fair for any other new member.

The b/s/t rules are pretty straight forward.

I won't pass judgement, but I believe a moderator should get involved.