All-Go! Toys - New 1:18 player JAGDPANTHER ANNOUNCED!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Dauntless » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:41 am

A Spitfire would be a good candidate for a new mold, if the other is broke or missing. Maybe a little different MK. I would welcome any Spit though in a different paint scheme, more so than a P-51, but it's all good.

The "DWK" Spitfire did go down considerably to below $200.
A far cry from the $400 plus a few months ago.

I agree it was a distribution problem with Walmart. The one Walmart I finally found a Spit in had a wall of NKK's, never even saw any of the DWK's, 4Q's, or ZPA's.

Hindsight anyways, we'll never see that again at those prices.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:30 am

It has been so long, I do not remember all long the Spities remained on my local Walmart shelves ... though the true king of the shelf warmers were the FWs.

I actually liked the FWs and once they were clearanced they vanished quickly. I was able only to pick up one broken FW double for parts.

I agree that too many paint jobs at one time saturate the market. I think BBI and JSI have it right ... release one paint job, then wait. For example, this fall we saw repaints of the Tiger and Panther. Had we had multiple repaints I would have chosen and waited for next year to may get others, though illogically (perhaps logically) if JSI were to announce new repaints on them now, I'd get them for fear of missing out.

Mitch
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Mitch » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:30 am

I agree with questions being repeaded on two (or more) boards, but honestly the 118th (? did I get that right) board -in my opinion- is too negative. Again - this is my opinion only - and not meant to flame the other board, but the SSHQ guys seem the best as far as not going off on rants, raves or flaming. This is the ONLY place I have come for information for years.

*as he gets off his soapbox

Now back to your regular programming - Give me a KT

SGT. ODDBALL
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. ODDBALL » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:37 am

Mitch wrote:I agree with questions being repeaded on two (or more) boards, but honestly the 118th (? did I get that right) board -in my opinion- is too negative. Again - this is my opinion only - and not meant to flame the other board, but the SSHQ guys seem the best as far as not going off on rants, raves or flaming. This is the ONLY place I have come for information for years.

this post is negative dont you think??

uksubs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by uksubs » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:57 am

Mitch wrote:I agree with questions being repeaded on two (or more) boards, but honestly the 118th (? did I get that right) board -in my opinion- is too negative. Again - this is my opinion only - and not meant to flame the other board, but the SSHQ guys seem the best as far as not going off on rants, raves or flaming. This is the ONLY place I have come for information for years.

I thought what was said on the other forum was spot on :wink: + they got a reply from the company
I want to see what I can buy not something that may never happen

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:29 pm

The only way to keep our "people" happy is for a manufacturer to say nothing until the item is ready to be shipped.

Will that happen? Not hardly. These days, they need the whimpering and complaining about their not getting their hands on the "several tanks/planes they are going to buy if they can get them NOW"

Manufacturers need to be able to gauge interest in an item in these days of tight money and attempts to foresee our economy and possible future problems with China's labor force, lead in paint etc., etc.

As we have seen, delays of a year or far more are not common. Have no patience to wait? I'd suggest you go down to TRU and buy whatever "kid" toy you find on the shelves. Or, if it feels better, complain because someone doesn't meet your high standards and you want to complain because nobody is making the model you want and you are "sure would fly off the shelves".

Welcome to our lives. In the past this board made suggestions to 21C and sometimes they listened and sometimes they didn't. AG will be no different. We still have seen nothing in our hands yet... quality and accuracy is still up in the air. We have hopes.

Personally, I'm waiting......... maybe I'll see a Stuart soon. I will buy multiples and a Stuart will fly off the shelves... guaranteed.. :roll:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:57 pm

Teamski wrote:OK, stupid question, but is the P-51 actually going to have the early D razorback tail?

-Ski
Don't know if this was ever answered, but Passion Wagon was a P-51D-5 WITHOUT the dorsal fin. IF Allgo gets this modification correct, it won't just be another repaint, but a variant. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

art2614
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by art2614 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:16 pm

[quote="Mitch"]I agree with questions being repeaded on two (or more) boards, but honestly the 118th (? did I get that right) board -in my opinion- is too negative. Again - this is my opinion only - and not meant to flame the other board, but the SSHQ guys seem the best as far as not going off on rants, raves or flaming. This is the ONLY place I have come for information for years.

*as he gets off his soapbox[quote]

I'm sorry you feel that way because there are a bunch of great guys over there with their own sence of humor wich takes a bit to get use to. I am sure if you stick around you would like it there just as much as here :)

I like both places, the Q and the 1/18th. The Q offers alot of information since I got into the game late it is a great place to get alot of info because there are a bunch of members here that are very friendly and helpful to any questions you might have. The 1/18th offers a place to BS and have fun with guys that like to do the same. I have lots of room for both and hope that the hobby we both love will continue to grow :)
A place for 1/18 chit chat with no BS
www.fighting118th.com
[img]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/KISSDAWIND/temp_logo.jpg[/img]

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:04 am

Mitch wrote:I agree with questions being repeated on two (or more) boards, but honestly the 118th (? did I get that right) board -in my opinion- is too negative. Again - this is my opinion only - and not meant to flame the other board, but the SSHQ guys seem the best as far as not going off on rants, raves or flaming. This is the ONLY place I have come for information for years.
The questions we asked were impromptu. We had specific questions about the Jagdpanther and All-Go toys in general and we went for the jugular to get the answers we wanted. I really think it came out of left field for all-go. I apologized and we'll do it more formally next time hence the move to a more structured Q and A. We wanted to share the answers with you all because we all really have the same thoughts in mind. I only wish JSI was just as talkative. We've made some progress with them, but they retracted after Spotgate 2009.

Anyway..

A lot of us over on the other forum came in late in the game. Way late. We see very poor business practices potentially being repeated (from our perspective) by All-Go toys. For instance the comment about the possibility of the Jagdpanther being a model and not an actual prototype. Folks here felt the same way because all of us were fooled by the prospect of the F-4 and the Mig 21. Even the king tiger was vapor for at that time. These things never existed at that point, but these things were announced as if they were ready to roll off an assembly line. the B-25 was a heavily filtered picture of a real life photograph... Doesn't that anger anyone but me? Bu it sits on SSHQB like there was actually any possibility that plane was going to happen at that point in time.

Again, as I mentioned in the questions to All-Go, Admiral Toy has announced more product than it has physically produced. The last few years of our hobby were all based on poor business decisions and product announcements that never materialized. Is this type of business practice exclusive to the hobby of 1:18 militaria? This just covers releases, what about painting the 88 in tan instead of gray, the uncountable quality control failures we experienced with 21st Century Toys, the out of control pricing we are seeing for retreads for nearly decade old products? I know I'm being a bit dramatic, but these are things we want fixed and we want answers for them. We won't become apologists for the companies simply because they make our favorite tank or airplane.

I believe part of the situation stems from the audience that SSHQ has and the audience F118 is looking for. They are two different types of consumers. Generally, the audience here has been an older audience. Some of these guys here probably had parents serving directly or indirectly during world war II or were, themselves, living an adult life during Vietnam. It gives you a different perspective on your life from almost every conceivable angle.

The F118 guys are younger. A lot of them come from the GI Joe side of the house. We are rough around the edges, but we aren't resistant to anyone willing to give us, or the hobby a shot. Most of us aren't just here to collect the planes we saw growing up. Sure that plays a part, but a lot of us wanted real life equipment to supplement our Joe collecting hobby and then discovered this whole new world to toy collecting.

My father was 9 when Vietnam started. That should give you some sort of indication as to my age. There is definitely a generational gap between our boards.

I think once both "sides (for lack of a better term)" break that generational barrier down, we'll realize we both want the same thing. Our opinions are identical about the hobby. We all complain about the same things, we all want the same things. The goals of the members are the same but the ways we go about expressing our feelings might be different.

Over on the F118 forum there is a less formal, more bar like atmosphere. A place to blow off steam and shoot the breeze about the things we enjoy. We are more apt to go off topic, but we are OK with that. If someone has a question, we all jump in to help them out. Over there we want to bring more fans into the hobby to benefit from its growth. On SSHQ everyone seems to enjoy keeping the hobby protected within the existing fans. I think both see it as a way to get the pieces they want. Same goal, two different ways of going about it. This too, brings ideological conflict.

The goal of The Fighting 1:18th is to bring in fresh blood in to expand the hobby. We believe it's in everyone's best interest to do so. In our short existence we've managed to accomplish a lot and we have some large plans ahead. We've spent a lot of time cutting our teeth too and I think we've become more "accepted" now than what we were 9 months ago. But, I'm the first guy to admit we have some more growing to do. We are learning though. The bottom line is that this whole situation works better for old fans and new fans to work together. We don't have to occupy the same web site, we will all coalesce into the social groups we all find more comfortable, but we should, at least on the admin level, work as closely together as we can to ensure our hobby is healthy.
Best,
-Paul

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:05 am

double post... sheesh. The server seems to hiccup and cause that.
Best,
-Paul

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:38 am

That's cool that the Jagdpanther is a prototype, and not a smaller scaled mock-up or paintmaster. I wonder what kind of detail/moving parts it'll have?

I just enjoy the thoughts of seeing something new possibly coming out... I'm really more of a figure guy, so I'm disappointed no company appears gung-ho to bring out more new figures anytime soon, but the Jagdpanther still looks nice.

And I'm still getting a 1:16 tank this year and jumping into that on some level... I mean, why not? They look like a blast, and if nothing comes out in 1:18 armor then I'm not going to be bored waiting anyway for my WW2 armor fix.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

pcsguy88
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by pcsguy88 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:10 am

art2614 wrote:

You nailed it Art. Like Paul said, F118 is like a college bar and SSHQ is like a cigar lounge. Both offer a unique atmosphere and coexist well.

I really hope these announcements are not more fluff for you guys, but the ongoing discussions reinforce why I'm so satisfied with the booming 1:16 market these days.

Bring on the figures JSI, All Go and Unimax, I needs my fix. :)

I heard this crazy rumor from my grandfather that the Russians fought in WWII. Can anyone confirm this?
[url=http://www.fighting118th.com]Fighting118th:[/url] Joe Deserves Better!

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:33 am

Really to be able to compete with the 1:16 RC market, a 1:18 has to have details that the RC models don't offer, as it it is, you can buy a 1: 16 and trick it out with everything they offer and have a really good model and never put a battery in it.

pcsguy88
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by pcsguy88 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:39 am

Jesse James wrote:
And I'm still getting a 1:16 tank this year and jumping into that on some level... I mean, why not? They look like a blast, and if nothing comes out in 1:18 armor then I'm not going to be bored waiting anyway for my WW2 armor fix.

Hey Jesse James, I'm sure you have been coached by the tankers here, but I can't stress enough the importance of research and knowledge when it comes to the 1:16 models. I'm currently rebuilding a member's Tiger I because he found it for dirt cheap and it broke during the first run. Turns out it was a non S&S version and the FETs smoked in the grass. I'll help in anyway you need and I also recommend you visit here: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid ... e_1/tt.htm

Ron

pcsguy88
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by pcsguy88 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:44 am

ram04 wrote:Really to be able to compete with the 1:16 RC market, a 1:18 has to have details that the RC models don't offer, as it it is, you can buy a 1: 16 and trick it out with everything they offer and have a really good model and never put a battery in it.

1:18 tanks need to be really nice on the outside and cost below $50 or they need to have full interiors, even better than the 21c Tiger I if they want to charge close to $100 for a static.

Here's my latest 1:16: "Crush the fascist vipers!"

normandy

Post by normandy » Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Hello TKO, Any more updates on the Jagdpanther or King Tiger?
I know All Go is starting out with the P 51 Passion Wagon, which looks like a hit!! and a Great idea with the nose art. But some of us tread heads just want to know....Whats Up... :shock: ...with the two above named tanks. :wink:
I know things take time in this industry...which is fine (with me) but pics need intel and two years ago I was not the only one going to buy more than one King Tiger and now Jagdpanthers............ :D Armor Sells...ask the Hun and Pickelhaube.
A Big Thanks to All Go for helping keep our hobby alive. :!:
Normandy

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:36 pm

I hope we get some updates soon.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:31 pm

Bump.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:49 pm

Stug you may have to keep on bumping this for a while. It took over 2 years to finally get that Avenger after it was anounced.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:54 pm

:( ALL-Go needs to make figures soon.

maritime96
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by maritime96 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:09 pm

They need to do something soon. Besides resting on the passion wagon is coming and 2 year old picture of the King Tiger. I am Getting flashbacks to the 21st century "Hey Guys, Look what we MIGHT make someday" days.
"When the people fear the government you have tyranny...when the
government fears the people you have liberty."
--Thomas Jefferson

1958Zelda
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by 1958Zelda » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:12 pm

KING TIGER,KING TIGER,KING TIGER...Please

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:20 pm

i think that most company will sit out until the new year exchange rates had been determine..

if we r lucky we will not get hit with a %15.. increase and this is not due to inflation.. you have to add increase in cost to everything
whats up doc....

normandy

Post by normandy » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:04 pm

TKO......What about the King Tiger?

Is there any intel that can be passed on to the members of SSHQ?... and the rest of the 1:18th collecting community?
I don't know......but I think this thing is gonna Sell! :wink:
:idea:

Mitch
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Mitch » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:35 pm

I know I'm in for SEVERAL King Tigers....if they EVER materialize...