Onboard accessories of 21C XD Sherman Tank

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Sgt. Stryker
Corporal
Corporal

Onboard accessories of 21C XD Sherman Tank

Post by Sgt. Stryker » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:10 am

There seems to be five versions of the 1:18 M4 Sherman Tank that 21st Century Toys has offered since year 2000.
These S1-S5 tanks seem to be identical, except for overall paint scheme, decals ,and commander figures.
I've noticed that there are about 1/2 dozen plastic accessories that are "cliipped" onto the tanks chassis and turret:

a. jerry fuel can
b. fuel drum
c. roller wheel
d. spare track links (long & short)
e. wooden ammo crate
f. canvas carry bags (large & small)
g. US Infantry helmet

Has anyone tried to re-arrange the positions of these accessories on the tank to create more variety in multiple tank dioramas of 1:18 scale?
What can be used to cover the small holes in the plastic chassis and turret if no accessories are "clipped" into that position?

digger
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Shermans

Post by digger » Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:48 am

Yes - you can and I have plucked off and switched up some gear for variety & customization. Aside from the BoB Sherman where the gear appears glued on, it should all come off rather easily. Many of the pegs are compatable with different holes so to re-apply is also easy. Holes left can be filled with putty, could be hidden by other gear that is glued on by you, or could be 'enlarged' to fit other accessories. Just stick a screwdriver in the hole and twist open some more room for bigger pegs.

I have a pic of a Sherman I was working on where a lot of the gear is switched up. Sorry for the size but I don't know how to show it smaller.