Anybody hear from TKO211?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General

Anybody hear from TKO211?

Post by CW4USARMY » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:55 am

Hey All, Has anyone heard from TKO211 in the last 10 days? He has my special edition F-14 that he was to paint but havent heard anything in over 10 days? Hoping someone hear may have some intel. Has anyone received theirs back yet? trying to be patient but with over 350 dollars already invested and another 100 to hopefully get it back, Im getting a little nervous. (Sent PMs but no response in 10 days :roll: )

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:59 am

He PMed me a couple days ago. He's out there and quite alive. I'm sure there is a good reason why he hasn't returned your PM.

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:22 am

because he's run off with everyone's tomcats... :lol:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:48 am

Im sure that he is working hard on your F14's I know the feeling bunch of stuff to do so little time ,no sensation there Im afraid, tomorrow headlines wont read :TKO escaped to Canada with stolen F14

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:15 pm

I'm sure you are right but with so much money on the line, and no word or replies to PMs in over 10 days, starts to get a little troubling. Especially since we always talk about customer service on this board.
The last PM I got (11 days ago) said it was about finished. :(

It's probably easy to not think it is a big deal when its not your money.
This forum is the last place I was worried about Caveat Emptor :wink:

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:27 pm

CW4USARMY wrote:I'm sure you are right but with so much money on the line, and no word or replies to PMs in over 10 days, starts to get a little troubling. Especially since we always talk about customer service on this board.

Dude,

It is cold outside. Not too much painting going on right now.

I know it has me slowed down quite a bit.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:41 pm

pickelhaube wrote:
CW4USARMY wrote:I'm sure you are right but with so much money on the line, and no word or replies to PMs in over 10 days, starts to get a little troubling. Especially since we always talk about customer service on this board.

Dude,

It is cold outside. Not too much painting going on right now.

I know it has me slowed down quite a bit.
Dude,

Too cold to type a 4 word PM saying Im still working it?
Not trying to stir up anything with this thread, was just hoping someone
could verify he is still alive, and if they can, let him know to please contact me. Is there anybody else who has shipped him an F-14 back in December and hasnt received any word on it?
Thanks!

iflabs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by iflabs » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:56 pm

Yes, drama!

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:09 pm

You can trust Zach or TKO.. I would trust him with anything! 8)
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

thatf14guy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by thatf14guy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:32 pm

i heard from 211 a few days ago, he is very busy with all you guys repaints. he is doing a couple of reapints for me in the near future. all i can say to his defence is that he is very flusterd with repairing busted tomcats, not his fault, but he has a post about how some tomcats who were mailed to him from the retailers were broken and that he is trying to fix them. i imagine with all the orders he has for repaints and small fixes, he is very busy, so don't give up on him. i sent him a email today, i'll let you guys know what he says. do you have his outside email?

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:19 pm

I'd talked with him a few ago after he'd mentioned that dealing with the retailers over the busted 'cats he'd been receiving for repaints is getting real frustrating.

I'd offered to deal with them myself over mine, since it's only right. He gave me the good news that mine is ok. But it is taking time away from repaints, et al, for him.

I'm really looking forward to seeing his work and have no reason to worry. Tracking showed he'd recieved it, so everything's been good there.

Since he kindly offered to fix this for us, I'm more then happy for however long it takes him to fix it.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

thatf14guy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by thatf14guy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:35 pm

cool beans, hopefully everything is okay on his end. perhaps something came up with his personal life or something, but yeah i look forward to doing business with him as well.

hworth18

Post by hworth18 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:45 pm

VMF115 wrote:You can trust Zach or TKO.. I would trust him with anything! 8)
I agree, no worries with Zach.. :wink:
“The moment you think you know what’s going on in a women’s head, is the moment your goose is well and truly cooked”
-Howard Stark

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:47 pm

thatf14guy, thanks for the offer, please ask him to PM me, I do not have his email but he has received my PMs (they are not in my outbox).
Glad he replies to your messages, guess he's too busy talking with you guys to reply to mine ;-)

I checked my WOH version out before I sent it and it was fine. My regular version however was broken so I sent it back and got a refund. I suppose its easy for you guys to feel comfortable and tell me to chill because you have had communication from him. I have not, which was the point in the first place.

I hesitated for a few days before I finally posted this thread because I figured I would have the darts thrown at me for asking a legit question
about one of our esteemed members, and I was right.

Obviously the moral of this story is Badcat, Skyworks and other etailers are evil money grubbers if they dont reply in a timely manner or give expected customer service, but if its one of our own, then shame on me.
BTW, A hundred dollars is a business, not a favor, ask Skyworks ;-)

Unfortunatley, now that I have brought this up, whats the chance mine will suddenly become the broken one :roll:

thatf14guy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by thatf14guy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 3:52 pm

i'll send you a pm with his actual email address.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:38 pm

Thanks thatf14guy! I used the email address and Zach just replied and gave me a status. Appreciate you stepping up and helping me. I owe you one :wink:

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:45 pm

CW4USARMY wrote:
Unfortunatley, now that I have brought this up, whats the chance mine will suddenly become the broken one :roll:
Unfortunately, I'm betting most F14s are damaged or will be upon "setting up" the first time due to the poor gear design and other QC problems.
If you get yours set up successfully the first time, I wouldn't touch it at all - and pray for no tremors that might shake it a little.
One of our members was saying how his was fine and no problems being displayed for a long time - now he's selling scrap parts of it as it has since "fallen apart on him."
I would bet the "problem rate" is greater than 50% on these.
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

Coreyeagle48

TKO

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Greetings:

I've been talking with TKO via PM a few times this week. He is very busy with the Tomcats and was quite upset that the one had stuck nose gear and then he broke it trying to get it out. I think this is one of his though and not one he is repainting for someone.

In fact, he bought my entire nose of my F-14 I'm selling for parts as he wanted it to fix one of his Tomcats. He paid me like Friday and I sent it out yesterday. So he's around.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

Black_Dragon_One

Re: TKO

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:20 pm

Coreyeagle48 wrote:Greetings:

I've been talking with TKO via PM a few times this week. He is very busy with the Tomcats and was quite upset that the one had stuck nose gear and then he broke it trying to get it out. I think this is one of his though and not one he is repainting for someone.

In fact, he bought my entire nose of my F-14 I'm selling for parts as he wanted it to fix one of his Tomcats. He paid me like Friday and I sent it out yesterday. So he's around.

Corey

so it went to a good home yes
whats up doc....

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:50 am

Sorry to make people nervous. Andy had a totally legit question and he certainly deserves to feel comfortable, thanks to all of you who do know me and helped to come to my rescue in my absence. One of the things i love about this forum is the friendships and the community spirit. I need to remember to reset the settings to have an Email ping me when I get a PM here. When I get too busy with work or in this case work and F-14's I have to force myself to shut off distractions so that I can make progress. And this Forum is addictive enough that I can spend more time here that I realize most of the time.

I posted an update tonight in another thread but it will also help here I think. In a nut shell all but 3 Tomcats are totally done and ready to ship. I got a couple from UPS just 2 days ago so those are the one's still needing work along with one that a customer requested we wait on as it will require extra work and new tail markings (you know who you are! LOL)

So: in short almost all done! Then I can focus on another project that directly impact our hobby, and hopefully come as good news. I know I am excited and see it as a glimmer of hope for the future. More news on that subject to come once I have a green light from management. :wink:

tko211

Post by tko211 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:54 am

SkyWorksToys wrote:Im sure that he is working hard on your F14's I know the feeling bunch of stuff to do so little time ,no sensation there Im afraid, tomorrow headlines wont read :TKO escaped to Canada with stolen F14
Thanks for the friendly nod and support on this thread. BOY- these F-14's are big! I am glad you are painting them too, a I plan to stop doing it ASAP. I have too many things that are popping up and I simply don't want to get into the re-paint business full time. Really just wanted to help some friends!

Love your work, it's impressive. Might have to do one of those P-40's soon!

-Zach TKO

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:05 am

tko211 wrote:Sorry to make people nervous. Andy had a totally legit question and he certainly deserves to feel comfortable, thanks to all of you who do know me and helped to come to my rescue in my absence. One of the things i love about this forum is the friendships and the community spirit. I need to remember to reset the settings to have an Email ping me when I get a PM here. When I get too busy with work or in this case work and F-14's I have to force myself to shut off distractions so that I can make progress. And this Forum is addictive enough that I can spend more time here that I realize most of the time.

I posted an update tonight in another thread but it will also help here I think. In a nut shell all but 3 Tomcats are totally done and ready to ship. I got a couple from UPS just 2 days ago so those are the one's still needing work along with one that a customer requested we wait on as it will require extra work and new tail markings (you know who you are! LOL)

So: in short almost all done! Then I can focus on another project that directly impact our hobby, and hopefully come as good news. I know I am excited and see it as a glimmer of hope for the future. More news on that subject to come once I have a green light from management. :wink:
Thanks for the update Zach. Was starting to get worried, sorry I started to doubt.

Appreciate your efforts!

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:07 pm

tko211 wrote:
SkyWorksToys wrote:Im sure that he is working hard on your F14's I know the feeling bunch of stuff to do so little time ,no sensation there Im afraid, tomorrow headlines wont read :TKO escaped to Canada with stolen F14
Thanks for the friendly nod and support on this thread. BOY- these F-14's are big! I am glad you are painting them too, a I plan to stop doing it ASAP. I have too many things that are popping up and I simply don't want to get into the re-paint business full time. Really just wanted to help some friends!

Love your work, it's impressive. Might have to do one of those P-40's soon!

-Zach TKO
No problemo, happy to be helpful it is easy to lose right amount of perspective when chasing sensation

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:29 pm

CW4USARMY wrote:

Obviously the moral of this story is Badcat, Skyworks and other etailers are evil money grubbers if they dont reply in a timely manner or give expected customer service, but if its one of our own, then shame on me.
BTW, A hundred dollars is a business, not a favor, ask Skyworks ;-)
I think Im going to extend you life time discount on any of my models for understanding, just contact me [email protected] am going to take this opportunity to do the same for Bubble Burster on Fighting 1/18 for blinds free thinking, so if you read this please contact me for life time discount
Jack