SCUTTLE BUTT!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Volksdeutsch
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Volksdeutsch » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:22 am

vulgarvulture wrote:
just picked up some of those items from China. one of my fav dealers said they just landed after the 1st of the year he just received his order friday. i took an xd 88, hanomag with pak-40 and a stuka zu fuss. he also had some avengers.
So why the mystery..Who's this "fav dealer" of yours?
i use korenza toys and rezzed collectibles on ebay for alot of items
and they both have the old stock arrivals from China ones west coast ones east so check for best shipping prices

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... K:MEWAX:IT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTIMATE-SOLDIER-XD ... 2c528bfd5e

http://cgi.ebay.com/ULTIMATE-SOLDIER-XD ... 2c52882cdf

http://cgi.ebay.com/1-18-ULTIMATE-SOLDI ... 2c52904a82

P47faninchicago
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by P47faninchicago » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:56 am

I would be thrilled to see 21st get back on their feet. I just finished the pegasus X-1 kit which reatiails for $50.00(about the same as 21st items) and the detail is comical compared to even the earliest 21st releases. No moving flaps, virtually no cockpit detail, and all around a crude representation. Don't get me wrong, I am very happy to have an X-1 in 1/18 scale and as long as I keep my distance the X-1 looks great. However, it's not the type of model to get up close and admire detail like I can do with 21st products. Really makes me appreciate the detail that 21st accomplished at such a low price. I will post a pictorial review of the X-1 if anyone is interested.

memaddog
Sergeant
Sergeant

ME-262 1:18 Yellow 7

Post by memaddog » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:08 am

I won an auction on e-bay a week or so back for the 1:18 single seat ME-262. It was a 1 day auction. What I didn't relise was that payment went to Bad Cats, auction number 290386837820
Seller info
aa5arv8
I checked my Pay-Pal account and it showed up as payment being sent to Bad Cats. This same (Guy) has had several of these in the past week or so and the Bunker Hill Torpedo Bomber. So where all of a sudden did all these start coming from? I've seen more of these on e-bay this past couple weeks that in a long time.
What do you all make of this?
memaddog

AMERICAN_GRENADIER
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:35 am

coreystinson wrote:
Volksdeutsch wrote: the cease and desist letters are true i talked with an inside guy at a major estore and he said they received the letter about 3 weeks ago. his boss laughed and circle filled it!
This is very interesting because I did not receive one. I have a feeling that there is more to do with this than what has been stated so far - for example, the cease and desist may have been making a specific request - such as to stop using 21st Century name in conjunction with the JSI production presentations. That would make a lot more sense, although admittedly it may be more of a request than a threat as I doubt there are funds available at this point for court actions of dubious value . I'd say Jason's (formerly of Admiral) explanation was spot on, that this was being done as a possible legal safeguard and to show that whatever was left of 21st Century was doing their due diligence to protect (as well as MAINTAIN *wink* *wink*) any agreements between 21st and the trademark holders for certain aircraft designs, etc.
very good point on protecting themselves and showing an effort to avoid any future problems
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

gliderdwm
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by gliderdwm » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:40 am

I purchased the TBM Avenger and I just checked info and the seller is badcat toys. The business is Victory Equine which works with badcat toys out of the same address in Oakland.
No Avengers at Badcat toys online store but at least seven on Ebay.

bananapirate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: ME-262 1:18 Yellow 7

Post by bananapirate » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:46 am

memaddog wrote:I won an auction on e-bay a week or so back for the 1:18 single seat ME-262. It was a 1 day auction. What I didn't relise was that payment went to Bad Cats, auction number 290386837820
Seller info
aa5arv8
I checked my Pay-Pal account and it showed up as payment being sent to Bad Cats. This same (Guy) has had several of these in the past week or so and the Bunker Hill Torpedo Bomber. So where all of a sudden did all these start coming from? I've seen more of these on e-bay this past couple weeks that in a long time.
memaddog
Interesting, same seller selling tomcats for $199 with free shipping
http://cgi.ebay.com/F-14-TOMCAT-1-18-JS ... 439c8dbd2c

"No refunds or exchanges at this exceptional price." sounds "spotty" :lol:

gliderdwm
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by gliderdwm » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:54 am

So the conclusion is if you buy from Ebay seller aa5arv8 you are really buying from BadCatToys :?
Last edited by gliderdwm on Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

memaddog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by memaddog » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:16 am

I guess, that's where my payment went to. I should get it in the the mail tommorrow, it was shipped out on the 4th. We've had alot of bad weather here, so it maybe Tuesday. I'm sure the invoice will say for sure when I get the box. Iknow I've bought from Bad Cats before and their logo was stamped on the box.
memaddog

cranedriver
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cranedriver » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:26 am

bananapirate wrote:
memaddog wrote:I won an auction on e-bay a week or so back for the 1:18 single seat ME-262. It was a 1 day auction. What I didn't relise was that payment went to Bad Cats, auction number 290386837820
Seller info
aa5arv8
memaddog
Interesting, same seller selling tomcats for $199 with free shipping

My feelings on this is that:

1: Badcat realizes some possible defects and wants to dump these

2: At the same time JSI will not let them sell for a lower price so this is a work around

3: Badcat is tryin to sell/reduce inventory and doing it in a way that doesn't incur tax liabilities i.e. PROFIT by Badcat Inc.

Just my $.02
Is that you John Wayne, this is me!!

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:37 am

ALL the estores do it some hide it some dont. many bad mouth ebay but then sell there :?
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:54 am

Perhaps these have fallen off the back of a truck...
Don't get me wrong, I am very happy to have an X-1 in 1/18 scale and as long as I keep my distance the X-1 looks great.
In regards to the X1, the access hatch should have been made optional to be open or close with some additional detail on that door. I would feel that should have been a requirement of the kit.

Dave

PS to forum admin, could it be possible to change the color of the right side up/down scroll slider? Black on dark green over a black background is hard to see.

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:21 pm

bananapirate wrote: Interesting, same seller selling tomcats for $199 with free shipping
As you may know (or not) distributor Merit had put some retail price requirements on the F-14. To get around this, Bad Cat is apparently selling them surreptitiously on eBay. :) They cannot be blamed I guess, seeing as how Merit and JSI did retailers a VERY bad turn with this color scheme mistake.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:42 pm

what ticks me off is Badcat is one of the biggest babys when it comes to others doing this! they constantly complain to there distributors when they find out another dealer is under selling. they are even selling HM products under map pricing. but i geuss they are special?
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

margras77
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by margras77 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:00 pm

gliderdwm wrote:I see that a seller on Ebay has already sold 3 Bunker Hill Avengers in one day and than put up some more. I picked up one for $90.00.
This could be the goodies coming from China.
margras77 I hate to tell you this but somebody just put up a Hoghead II Huey and the Motorworks desert M113A2 with 2 figures For $49.00 each BIN.
I had to go for those 2 . :D
You son of a bitch! :P

Lol
TBH, the Huey is for a custom. I wanted to make the helicopter from the TV show Lost. The M113A2...Damn I want to find a non-rc desert one!

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:07 pm

AMERICAN_GRENADIER wrote:what ticks me off is Badcat is one of the biggest babys when it comes to others doing this! they constantly complain to there distributors when they find out another dealer is under selling. they are even selling HM products under map pricing. but i geuss they are special?
They were sending me "anonymous" email inquiring about my business practices (did I operate a warehouse, etc.) A simple Google search traced the email address to back to one of the principals there who was using it on a model discussion forum. This is around the time they were going on a tirade about having to compete with "home-based businesses". To me, they seem to run a pretty professional shop, or at least that is how it looks from the outside - so I see no reason for that kind of nonsense. Childish, but that's life.

For a short period of time I was selling a few of those German S.S. sets on eBay, not knowing that the manufacturer-who-shall-not-be-named would have preferred that I didn't. Someone (another dealer - I was not told who) "turned me in" to said manufacturer and I got a call from them, so I immediately stopped selling them on eBay to honor their wishes. NEVERTHELESS, I got at least three calls from said manufacturer over the next year regarding the same issue even though I was not selling that item (or any other, for that matter) on eBay. I suppose I can take a good guess as to who kept "reporting" me for this. :roll:
Corey Stinson

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:12 pm

memaddog wrote: the Bunker Hill Torpedo Bomber. So where all of a sudden did all these start coming from? I've seen more of these on e-bay this past couple weeks that in a long time.
memaddog
Excess stock (unshipped, overruns, or whatever) filtering over from China. You have seen most if not all of what is coming over. There isn't all that much, so I would recommend getting while the getting is good.
Corey Stinson

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:14 pm

cranedriver wrote:
bananapirate wrote: Interesting, same seller selling tomcats for $199 with free shipping

My feelings on this is that:

1: Badcat realizes some possible defects and wants to dump these

2: At the same time JSI will not let them sell for a lower price so this is a work around

3: Badcat is tryin to sell/reduce inventory and doing it in a way that doesn't incur tax liabilities i.e. PROFIT by Badcat Inc.

Just my $.02

I spotted that deal as well.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sun Jan 10, 2010 1:27 pm

coreystinson wrote:
AMERICAN_GRENADIER wrote:what ticks me off is Badcat is one of the biggest babys when it comes to others doing this! they constantly complain to there distributors when they find out another dealer is under selling. they are even selling HM products under map pricing. but i geuss they are special?
They were sending me "anonymous" email inquiring about my business practices (did I operate a warehouse, etc.) A simple Google search traced the email address to back to one of the principals there who was using it on a model discussion forum. This is around the time they were going on a tirade about having to compete with "home-based businesses". To me, they seem to run a pretty professional shop, or at least that is how it looks from the outside - so I see no reason for that kind of nonsense. Childish, but that's life.

For a short period of time I was selling a few of those German S.S. sets on eBay, not knowing that the manufacturer-who-shall-not-be-named would have preferred that I didn't. Someone (another dealer - I was not told who) "turned me in" to said manufacturer and I got a call from them, so I immediately stopped selling them on eBay to honor their wishes. NEVERTHELESS, I got at least three calls from said manufacturer over the next year regarding the same issue even though I was not selling that item (or any other, for that matter) on eBay. I suppose I can take a good guess as to who kept "reporting" me for this. :roll:
i agree! i feel if you have a relationship with a company you should honor thier rules. map pricing ect.. I too purchased SS sets and was asked to only sell from my store not online. I agreed and kept my word. i just find that the biggest complainers are often the biggest violators
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

iflabs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by iflabs » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:01 pm

LOL, badcat never ceases to amaze.

cranedriver
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by cranedriver » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:11 pm

The $199 Tomcat may not be that good a deal especially if Badcat is pawning off damaged returns from regular sales.

Just one good thing is that I am sure Badcat checks this forum and there bubble has been busted. Especially if any JSI rep might be viewing as well.
Is that you John Wayne, this is me!!

YT

Post by YT » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:19 pm

coreystinson wrote: To me, they seem to run a pretty professional shop, or at least that is how it looks from the outside - so I see no reason for that kind of nonsense. Childish, but that's life.
Like when they registered on the Fighting 1:18th and started trying to cause problems.

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:54 pm

YT wrote:
coreystinson wrote: To me, they seem to run a pretty professional shop, or at least that is how it looks from the outside - so I see no reason for that kind of nonsense. Childish, but that's life.
Like when they registered on the Fighting 1:18th and started trying to cause problems.
No kiddin' :roll:

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:33 pm

The ebay ad says the F-14s are new in the box and have never been opened.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:36 pm

I swear, the ole’ Cat sure does do some strange stuff. Not sure if they’re trying to off load bum planes but they sure aren’t accepting any returns at all so who knows.

I’m a bit tainted when it comes to dealing with them but in all the dealings we had over the years I had no problems with their service at all. It was just one issue and some comments from one of their peeps that caused me to send my monies else ware. I think in all Bad Cat has lost out on about $1,500 worth of sales from me alone. Luckily I have found other, much kinder places to spend my money. :wink:

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 3:31 am

I will take this opportunity to chime in on this one. I have most of the information on this subject but not all the details so I will talk about what I can and only what I know for certain. :D

I have been in communication with old management of 21C for the past 3 months. There is a new name, some new management / strategy, and yes essentially a new company. I am not fully aware of the exact structure of this new company so I won't bother to speculate or expand on foggy details. That said it is not called 21C.

Because of my experience in working with 21C, this new company has hired my design firm to develop the new logo, look, website, packaging, and marketing materials as they begin the final phases of the company launch.

There is indeed an new repainted P-51D scheme waiting in the wings. Due to the start-up required and to ease into more offerings the strategy requires making use of the investments made in purchasing the 21C molds. This in part explains some of the reasons behind the C&D letters as well as some other reasons too I am told. The rest has to do with name use and so on.

So how true is this? Well as others have stated, we still need to see a plane in our hands. That said I can tell you that dollars are being spent, conversations are happening now almost on a daily basis, and I have instructions to launch by the end of the month. For me, this means art to China, and a live website, and marketing to push out. The new company is also looking to me to bridge back into the fan base so you guys are hearing things here first as usual.

Hopefully this means that better days are ahead for this hobby. I hope it means that they can take the better parts of 21C and maybe leave out some of the baggage / restraints that had come along with WM and mass retail. I know that the management's vision is to make the new brand more adult minded in subject. So hopefully bolder releases are in store.
8)