SCUTTLE BUTT!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
normandy
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by normandy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:26 am

Will this new company be producing a 1:18th King Tiger????? :wink:

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:07 am

Awesome news. Hopefully the 1/18 scale WWII aircraft will be priced less then $70-$90. Something in the range of $50 to $60 would be great. Thanks for the updates.

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

SPY at works ..."22st century models"

Post by supersonicfifi » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:25 am

Man :shock: ! do i like this forum : it's intelligence gathering at its finest ! I think that neither in the history of models/toys industrie such spy works had been seen or heard before !!!! :lol:

Now between all the brands, customizers and the hardcore collectors the pressure in on their marketing departement !

DO NOT DESAPPOINT US .... OR ELSE .... :twisted: :lol:

I think it's time for me to leave this space to the A10 fan's community :

Please "22st century models" : WE WANT SOME MORE MODERN PLANES !

for me it will be one PHANTOM and one A 10 ! thank you

Philippe
1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

I really wonder

Post by supersonicfifi » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:29 am

I really wonder how they work with the chinese manufacturers and if the bought back their own moulds ?

The Chinese used to be the best merchant in the ancient time, No they are beginning to show that they didn't loose this trait.
1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?

sluff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sluff » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:35 am

Toy Fair is next month maybe we will see some of TKO's art and marketing, maybe even the P-51? Seems like the perfect opportunity
Where is my Skyraider?

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Mon Jan 11, 2010 6:37 am

Hurrah ! 2010 seems to be a year full of promises. Thanks for the intel !

phil

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:01 am

It would be nice to see them bring out more modern jets in 1/18 scale. There's a proven market for them now.

As Supersonic mentioned: A-10 and F-4!!!
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

Volksdeutsch
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Volksdeutsch » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:03 am

A_G does it again! always ahead of the curve called the JSI F-14 special 2 weeks before it was announced
WAY TO GO!!!!

Mitch
Sergeant
Sergeant

Excellent Intel TKO

Post by Mitch » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:38 am

With that said, a King Tiger, F4 Phantom and A-10 are at the top of everyone's wish list !!!

And Guys - everyone really needs to stop baggin' on vendors (ie Bad Cat)
think about it...if they fail it will be less overall sales of product and that doesn't do our hobby any good. My motto is live and let live.

*steps off of soap box

Mitch

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:43 am

Is Roy Sutherland returning to the new-and-improved 21st Century?

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Excellent Intel TKO

Post by Ta-152 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:46 am

Mitch wrote: And Guys - everyone really needs to stop baggin' on vendors (ie Bad Cat)
think about it...if they fail it will be less overall sales of product and that doesn't do our hobby any good. My motto is live and let live.

*steps off of soap box

Mitch
Then maybe they should conduct themselves as a business and not petulant children.
I Tan I Epi Tas

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:46 am

dragon53 wrote:Is Roy Sutherland returning to the new-and-improved 21st Century?
Now that is an excellent question.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:49 am

If 21st comes back they better not make repaints, I want to see all new Figures & Vehicles.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:04 am

Ta-152 wrote:
Mitch wrote: And Guys - everyone really needs to stop baggin' on vendors (ie Bad Cat)

*steps off of soap box

Mitch
Then maybe they should conduct themselves as a business and not petulant children.
Got to agree with this comment. Unless you have truly experienced the belittling lash of the cat you really can’t understand how bad they can act. I’ll take every opportunity I can to speak my piece about them when it’s appropriate. Period.

As for 21C coming back I think that’s great news if it’s true. Unfortunately I have enough P-51s right now but who knows. Maybe I’ll pick one up if it ever makes it to daylight.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:13 am

I have nine P-51s (four BBI, three 21st Century and two 1/72 Dragon Wings).

Hopefully, the new 21st Century will release the Steve Ritchie F-4 Phantom from three years ago.

stv9000
Corporal
Corporal

Post by stv9000 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:21 am

More of the same would not be the way to go. I wish someone would take on WWI. Why would they limit themselves to adult colectables with naked nose art?

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:35 am

stv9000 wrote:More of the same would not be the way to go. I wish someone would take on WWI. Why would they limit themselves to adult colectables with naked nose art?
I dig naked nose art, but even that doesn't make me want a P-51.

The Military Channel suddenly appeared on my satellite cable and they showed some WWI shows and it's really got me hankering for 1:18 WWI stuff.

Unfortunately the items Admiral announced aren't likely to happen, now.
I Tan I Epi Tas

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:37 am

Actually, limiting themselves to adult collectors would be the way to go. I think part of what killed 21c was that they over-extended themselves. There was simply too much put out at Wal Mart and TRU and not enough demand. Most of the companies that make the items we like cater to the collectors and not the mass market. It does in the end mean high prices, but it also means survivability.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: SCUTTLE BUTT!

Post by Shin Densetsu » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:01 pm

AMERICAN_GRENADIER wrote:ive been doing alot of talking with importers and distributors lately heres what they are saying:

21C has been sending out cease and desist letters to the bigger estores. they are making the point that by selling JSI items they are violating copy right laws. 21c paid Lockheed Martin and others to reproduce thier planes and they alone hold those patents. I looked this up on line and they are right. as we know China can care less about international patents or copy right laws. I just dont know if going after sellers is the right way to go. Especially since another rumor is that 21C is planing a come back. they are looking into issuing a new 1/18 plane paint scheme and talk is a P-51 with possibly a big twist?

another rumor which i have confirmed is an importer is bringing in left over stock in China of 1/18 21C items. this kind of ties in with the copy right issue since they are keeping it very low key. even unwilling to use emails so theres no trail to link them directly to the 21c products. If you look on estores and ebay many 21C items are showing up again that havent been available. for example the 88's, stuka zu fuss and a couple others. so you may be able to score some items you missed out on before 21c demise.
Hmm HOPING it's a P-51B with Malcolm hood, and in RAF colors, but my gut instinct is that it's the P-51D with exposable gun trays that was never released but shown at SDCC.
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:52 pm

Mitch wrote:With that said, a King Tiger, F4 Phantom and A-10 are at the top of everyone's wish list !!!

And Guys - everyone really needs to stop baggin' on vendors (ie Bad Cat)

*steps off of soap box

Mitch
BULL!!! :evil:
the problem is they talk the talk but dont walk the walk!!!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:57 pm

This new company has to start up with what they have. So this means that 21C tooling on some of the products is part of a bigger plan to move ahead onto all new molds. But everyone should know by now that repaints on any and all aircraft have to part of the picture.

I can confirm, that bad or good the first release is a repainted P-51D, with nude nose art and swastika kill marks. these will be painted on the airplane and come directly to you with no decals. The runs will be Limited in number and run in traditionally shorter runs. The number of prior P-51D offerings was discussed and it does concern them, but it's the first move apparently of a larger plan. The old 21C had some interesting subjects that were in various stages of development both finished and not finished and like I said, without the knowledge of the exact plans makes it hard to know for sure. But- the future is open and the landscape has changed in many ways. Could see all new products, might see the A-10 finally come out, might see conversions from old molds like FW-190A / P-51B? Who knows! Should be fun to see unfold.

As long as they agree to take back defective product and not expect us to purchase from retailers sight un-seen and with strict no return policy. That would at least be a step back into the right direction. JSI / Merrit think they can play these kinds of games because they believe they are the only game in town. :?

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:34 pm

New 21C is great! Repainted P-51D = snooze....

I already have three D model Mustangs (one BBI and two 21C's)and I don't need a fourth. What I do need is a Thunderbolt or FW Anton.

Just my measley $.02

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:40 pm

NWarty wrote:New 21C is great! Repainted P-51D = snooze....

I already have three D model Mustangs (one BBI and two 21C's)and I don't need a fourth. What I do need is a Thunderbolt or FW Anton.

Just my measley $.02
I gotta agree, I have more P-51's then I'll ever need. However, a B model would make me take notice.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:51 pm

this news is all good with absolutely no bad to it. The fact that they are planning on starting up so soon is also great.

21c did indeed have lots of good ideas and partially started projects. If even just some of those see the light of day, we'll all be happy.

Repaints are absolutely inevitable and necessary to any toy company's survival. If they don't interest you, don't buy 'em, but be glad they exist as it mean funds to keep the company going and producing things that are of interest to you.

This is going to be very exciting to watch develop. Could mean all new 1/18 aircraft, armour and figures and maybe more..

How can there be anything negative about that?

And with the new 'adult collector' focus we may see subjects that we've been begging for, for years, that wouldn't get made because they wouldn't sell well at WM. Subjects like t-34 tanks, fw-190a's, komets, british and russian figures and on and on..

Be happy gang, this is what we've been hoping for.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:53 pm

Yep ...good news indeed.
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83