SCUTTLE BUTT!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
AMERICAN_GRENADIER
Officer - Brigadier General

SCUTTLE BUTT!

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:08 am

ive been doing alot of talking with importers and distributors lately heres what they are saying:

21C has been sending out cease and desist letters to the bigger estores. they are making the point that by selling JSI items they are violating copy right laws. 21c paid Lockheed Martin and others to reproduce thier planes and they alone hold those patents. I looked this up on line and they are right. as we know China can care less about international patents or copy right laws. I just dont know if going after sellers is the right way to go. Especially since another rumor is that 21C is planing a come back. they are looking into issuing a new 1/18 plane paint scheme and talk is a P-51 with possibly a big twist?

another rumor which i have confirmed is an importer is bringing in left over stock in China of 1/18 21C items. this kind of ties in with the copy right issue since they are keeping it very low key. even unwilling to use emails so theres no trail to link them directly to the 21c products. If you look on estores and ebay many 21C items are showing up again that havent been available. for example the 88's, stuka zu fuss and a couple others. so you may be able to score some items you missed out on before 21c demise.
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:33 am

VERY INTERESTING
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:44 am

I'd like to believe it, especially since we had heard that the KT was ready for shipping awhile back before 21C went kabluey. Believing somebody is going to import stock that had been produced and left unpaid in the land of toxic products (toys, food, electronics and now sheetrock), is easy to believe.

Comeback? A wish...... :roll:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:53 am

i agree im a bit skeptical of the come back myself
but im hoping for the best
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:22 am

a comeback is certainly possible.....all he would need is the ability to get bank loans again. He clearly still has 21c registered and 21c may still own a mold or two. I don't see what is to be gained with the cease and desist thing.....why tick off a bunch of etailers you're going to be needing? And since 21c probably doesn't own or have access to the molds anymore, it's not like their old products will be direct competition for a new 21c.

Still, there may be a lot more going on then we realize that explains all this.

Will be an interesting story to follow..
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:42 am

Hopefully this pans out, but I am skeptical as well.
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

margras77
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by margras77 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:17 am

All I want is a Huey and/or an M113, then Ill be good :P

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:32 am

You are so selfish..... just thinking about what you want.... sickens me

Btw I would like some Fallshrimjeagers and a KT. :lol:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

fightin
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by fightin » Sat Jan 09, 2010 11:02 am

I think many of us would like to see a new Huey scheme out there :wink: but a new Super Cobra would be awesome too!
We still need more new 1/18 aircraft!

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:23 pm

I ain't believing s##t until i'm holding a new 21st model in my hands. 21st has been surrounded by rumours and dead ends. Going after etailers sounds a little stupid to me. Why would they want to bite the hand that feeds?
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

bswearer
Corporal
Corporal

Post by bswearer » Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:55 pm

i'm still curious since i never quite understood all the details behind the 21c demise.......why did 21c lose or were forced to destroy their molds???? that would be like forcing GM to destroy all their plans for the cars or a painter destroy his paintbrushes when they had to go bankrupt.

doesn't make any sense

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:25 pm

I'm rather skeptical of the whole thing, no offense to anyone here. I'm sure 21st Century personnel visited this board from time to time themselves. It would be so easy to clear up all the rumor and innuendo if they would just show up and say something once and for instead of letting this issue keep popping up time and time again. Same for all the other manufacturers out there. Even if one were to show up and say, 'There are no rumors!' I'd be happy.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:12 pm

bswearer wrote:i'm still curious since i never quite understood all the details behind the 21c demise.......why did 21c lose or were forced to destroy their molds???? that would be like forcing GM to destroy all their plans for the cars or a painter destroy his paintbrushes when they had to go bankrupt.

doesn't make any sense
Destruction of molds probably wasn't intentional. Losing control of the mlds, which are in China, could be legitimate, say if 21at failed to pay the factory and the factory is holding them as collateral for, or as out right payment, or as was the case for SOTA's first couple of Street Fighter waves, the factory STOLE the molds and ran off unauthorized SF figures.

Hasbro, i've heard, however, has been destroying old molds because it's just doesn't want to pay to store them.
I Tan I Epi Tas

gliderdwm
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by gliderdwm » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:24 pm

I see that a seller on Ebay has already sold 3 Bunker Hill Avengers in one day and than put up some more. I picked up one for $90.00.
This could be the goodies coming from China.
margras77 I hate to tell you this but somebody just put up a Hoghead II Huey and the Motorworks desert M113A2 with 2 figures For $49.00 each BIN.
I had to go for those 2 . :D

Volksdeutsch
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Volksdeutsch » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:42 pm

Jay wrote:I ain't believing s##t until i'm holding a new 21st model in my hands. 21st has been surrounded by rumours and dead ends. Going after etailers sounds a little stupid to me. Why would they want to bite the hand that feeds?
the cease and desist letters are true i talked with an inside guy at a major estore and he said they received the letter about 3 weeks ago. his boss laughed and circle filled it!

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:51 pm

just got off the phone with my former salesman from 21c and he has confirmed my original post. aswell as the fact that 21c is trying to come out with a new xd plane. P-51 with NUDE nose art is on the table :shock:
lets face it that would be an attention grabber. 8) its been done in a couple smaller scales and was a big success. i think that there would be little if any backlash if done right. very very sweet if you ask me.
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"

Volksdeutsch
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Volksdeutsch » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:58 pm

just picked up some of those items from China. one of my fav dealers said they just landed after the 1st of the year he just received his order friday. i took an xd 88, hanomag with pak-40 and a stuka zu fuss. he also had some avengers.

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Come on 21st!!!!!!!!!!!!! You have my full support.
Good trades: C00per, pcb122605, digger, vulgarvulture X2, General Blasto X2, Light.Inf.Scout, V2 Man, Sentinel, xddave, grunt1

[img]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/230/230828/folders/190465/2439227TAMBOSIGsmall.JPG[/img]

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:11 pm

Potentially very good news. Can't wait to see how this all pans out. Come on 21st, give it another shot.

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:30 pm

just picked up some of those items from China. one of my fav dealers said they just landed after the 1st of the year he just received his order friday. i took an xd 88, hanomag with pak-40 and a stuka zu fuss. he also had some avengers.
So why the mystery..Who's this "fav dealer" of yours?

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:25 am

Interesting development...

My local Hobbytown, which sold 21c items, just put out a couple 88s. I'm not sure whether they were old or new stock, but the store had not had them out since last year.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

fightin
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by fightin » Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:28 am

Really interesting. I hope 21C give it another try. You have my full support guys!
We still need more new 1/18 aircraft!

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:40 am

Threetoughtrucks wrote:I'd like to believe it, especially since we had heard that the KT
I have heard that the King Tiger was close but not quite ready. Based upon that, I doubt that production actually started, but I do suspect that there is a big pile of nearly-finished tooling for it somewhere that will probably eventually get put to use by somebody.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Sun Jan 10, 2010 6:51 am

Volksdeutsch wrote: the cease and desist letters are true i talked with an inside guy at a major estore and he said they received the letter about 3 weeks ago. his boss laughed and circle filled it!
This is very interesting because I did not receive one. I have a feeling that there is more to do with this than what has been stated so far - for example, the cease and desist may have been making a specific request - such as to stop using 21st Century name in conjunction with the JSI production presentations. That would make a lot more sense, although admittedly it may be more of a request than a threat as I doubt there are funds available at this point for court actions of dubious value . I'd say Jason's (formerly of Admiral) explanation was spot on, that this was being done as a possible legal safeguard and to show that whatever was left of 21st Century was doing their due diligence to protect (as well as MAINTAIN *wink* *wink*) any agreements between 21st and the trademark holders for certain aircraft designs, etc.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:18 am

So who are the sellers that are getting these things???
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83