My Plan for the Year

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Tinman
Officer - Brigadier General

My Plan for the Year

Post by Tinman » Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:54 pm

Pretty simple, really. Since I passed on the S1 F-14, I've set the refund money aside and I'm adding to the pot when I can. Like the Christmas money I got from my Mother-In-Law - that's gone into my 2010 toy fund.

I plan to only add one or two new releases to my collection this year. Probably won't be much released anyway, but if Pegasus comes out with a pre-built X-1 then that'll be one for me. Beyond that, it'll be interesting to see what JSI does next, if anything. Or the F-100 through the Military Toy Shop? Who knows!

Plus I have plenty to "play with," add stowage to, and otherwise tweak.

What are your plans for this year in 1:18?

aeo178
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by aeo178 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:04 pm

I plan on custumizing and selling some

Baker707
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Baker707 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:07 pm

Well, I would buy a BBI F16 if I can find one with a decent price on Ebay,
And i'll buy a Pave hawk, wich I will repaint with a Navy scheme.

Maybe buy some 1/18 FOV modern figures for my tanks 8)

That's it!
French canadian! :P
[url=http://img7.imageshack.us/i/baker707bannirezp4.png/][img]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6660/baker707bannirezp4.png[/img][/url]

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:14 pm

Plan on continuing to combine the WWII look with G.I. Joe figures.

Outside of that the only thing i'm really hoping for is that a Pegasus Gee Bee will find it's way to me.
I Tan I Epi Tas

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:45 pm

Ta-152 wrote:Plan on continuing to combine the WWII look with G.I. Joe figures.
Any pics of your customs online? I'm gearing up for some Joe/WWII projects and looking for good recipes.
Good Trader List
-Digger -Razor -Mowmaw -Flayrah -ThreeToughTrucks -jlspec -KWR190 -CW4USARMY -vmf214 -bravo5 -holensock -cranedriver -billgiff -Rowsdower -tparkhere

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:55 pm

I plan on increasing my 1/16 armor and continuing my 1/6 army. Hope to get a 1/6 White half-track or SdKfz 222 by end of summer or fall and built the HST kit I have on my disassembled Stuart.

I'd love to stay in 1/18 but individual customs are my only hope. I've got plans for the ones already on my "to do" shelf.

My B-25 dreams ended with a 1/72 one, pitifully small... :roll:

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

fightin
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by fightin » Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:15 am

I'm trying to get my hands on a F-16, too. I'm looking forward to this year's JSI releases, but I have to save some money for my trip to San Francisco, too.

zhukov
Corporal
Corporal

Post by zhukov » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:59 am

I dont see too much 1.18 coming out in the next year, so plan to work on my gi joe collection and some customs for that that ive put off for ages.. So far im working on expandin my october guard collection..making naval infantry and vdv units of generic troops and vehicles for them.

at the moment im working on making a btr family of vehicles for gi joes, so not really scale stuff... like a btr rd, the kornet carrying bmp 3, krizanthema, shturm, and a generic ifv i can make several of for the vdv. for the naval infantry ill use the chap mei t-90s as they arent correctly scaled, and make some joe scaled btr's, so not 1:18 aqccurate of anything. my big project for the year will either be a zubr hovercraft (non functioning) to store the naval inf. in or just the flight deck of the admiral kuznetsov to put my su 27s on.

trying to find the chp mei truck at the moment..

jedimech
Corporal
Corporal

Post by jedimech » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:01 am

I am planning to get a Spitfire NKK at a reasonable price, plus looking forward to JSI's next jet fighter release, be it SU-27 or F-15. :D

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:10 am

CENT-ONE wrote:
Ta-152 wrote:Plan on continuing to combine the WWII look with G.I. Joe figures.
Any pics of your customs online? I'm gearing up for some Joe/WWII projects and looking for good recipes.
Not yet. So far i'm strictly into cutting up and repainting Para Vipers, aside from a Volkssturm made from my "test bed" Cobra Officer. I've got a few other things in the planning stages at the moment. WWII parts can get tricky to get (for me) so the going is slow.

There's a guy on that terrible HissTank sight that has done some genius stuff in the genre.
I Tan I Epi Tas