JSI F-14 REPAINT SERVICE AT SKYWORKS TOYS

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
VMF115
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by VMF115 » Mon May 03, 2010 10:48 pm

tom@skyworkstoys wrote:Hi everyone! My name is Tom, and I am one of the modelers at SkyWorksToys, and also double as the marketing manger. My goal is to review all of the posts and see if I can help anyone out. I will also monitor the email from the SkyWorksToys website and answer any questions that may come up. Jack is crazy busy right now with all of his new projects, so I am going to help out here. Just an update for everyone, the landing gear is here, and has shipped to the people who will get it to you! Jack is also working on a really cool F-14 engine cowling for the upgraded GE engines. It looks fantastic, and should be ready for shipment soon. If anyone has questions, just post them here, or stop by www.skyworkstoys.com and click on the "contact us" tab. I will get back to you as quick as I can.

What engine cowling are you talking about ?

Is it the engine fairings that the B and the D had???

If so will it come with the GE engines upgrade or will it be separate order?

Last edited by VMF115 on Mon May 10, 2010 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

Black_Dragon_One

Re: SkyWorksToys Contact

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Mon May 03, 2010 11:57 pm

tom@skyworkstoys wrote:Hi everyone! My name is Tom, and I am one of the modelers at SkyWorksToys, and also double as the marketing manger. My goal is to review all of the posts and see if I can help anyone out. I will also monitor the email from the SkyWorksToys website and answer any questions that may come up. Jack is crazy busy right now with all of his new projects, so I am going to help out here. Just an update for everyone, the landing gear is here, and has shipped to the people who will get it to you! Jack is also working on a really cool F-14 engine cowling for the upgraded GE engines. It looks fantastic, and should be ready for shipment soon. If anyone has questions, just post them here, or stop by www.skyworkstoys.com and click on the "contact us" tab. I will get back to you as quick as I can.

will you ever produce working cast landing gear.... for those who want to chose to have them...

you just need to cast the jsi L shape gear and the lower struts arm since you already have the upper strut arm...
whats up doc....

aki
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by aki » Tue May 04, 2010 5:31 am

Tom/Jack, Thanks for the main lading gears. They've just arrived at my home and I believe they'll work well on this model. BTW, I really want you to improve the nose tire and wheel. As you know,...? the one is way toooooooo small in its diameter. Hope you'll fix the issue ASAP.

tom@skyworkstoys
Corporal
Corporal

SkyWorksToys Contact

Post by tom@skyworkstoys » Tue May 04, 2010 8:41 pm

Sorry for any confusion I may have caused with my terminology on the exhaust piece. I called it a cowl, and the right term should be exhaust nozzle. Thanks to VFM115 for his post with a photo of the nozzle, it is the second photo, but only the rear most part. I am also going to open a new topic for SkyWorks, so watch for it!
Tom@SkyWorksToys

firefighterpilot1
Corporal
Corporal

Post by firefighterpilot1 » Mon May 10, 2010 2:20 pm

tom@skyworkstoys wrote:Sorry for any confusion I may have caused with my terminology on the exhaust piece. I called it a cowl, and the right term should be exhaust nozzle. Thanks to VFM115 for his post with a photo of the nozzle, it is the second photo, but only the rear most part. I am also going to open a new topic for SkyWorks, so watch for it!
the exhaust "nozzle" is what you are producing right now (the most visible part of any jet engine)

I hope you mean that you are producing the proper engine shrouds (the black area in front of the nozzle) and fairings (the little tab looking thing on the outside of each engine)

They're different for GE-F110's over the PW TF-30's on the F-14A (which is what came with the model).

firefighterpilot1
Corporal
Corporal

Post by firefighterpilot1 » Mon May 10, 2010 2:30 pm

thatf14guy wrote:umm, i think 2004 vf-101, last cruise? i could post a pic?
Last cruise??? You do know VF-101 was a land based training (RAG) squadron, right?

firefighterpilot1
Corporal
Corporal

Post by firefighterpilot1 » Mon May 10, 2010 2:30 pm

thatf14guy wrote:umm, i think 2004 vf-101, last cruise? i could post a pic?
Last cruise??? You do know VF-101 was a land based training (RAG) squadron, right?

thatf14guy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by thatf14guy » Mon May 10, 2010 2:53 pm

yeah your right, they were.

tom@skyworkstoys
Corporal
Corporal

Exhaust

Post by tom@skyworkstoys » Thu May 13, 2010 8:26 pm

The part we are getting ready to make is exactly what you said it was, the part around the get that looks like it has a bunch of tabs on it. On the model you will just remove that rear piece and replace it with ours so it looks like the GE engine is in the plane. It looks SUPER when installed. If you look at the video we posted on how to install the landing gear you might be able to catch a glimpse of it since one of them was on that plane!
Tom@SkyWorksToys

tom@skyworkstoys
Corporal
Corporal

Holy Grail

Post by tom@skyworkstoys » Thu May 13, 2010 8:31 pm

Sorry I have been off the forum for a few days, but my daughter is home from college, and Jack is working my butt off!!

Here is a loaded question for everyone. What do you consider the Holy Grail of 1/18th scale models? In other words, if you could pick ONE plane that has not been produced that you would like to see, what is it? I have heard a ton of answers over the years, but I thought it was time to ask again.

Just because I am asking this does not mean SkyWorksToys will be making it! I just wanted to see what the most popular unmade plane in 1/18 scale
Tom@SkyWorksToys

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Thu May 13, 2010 9:05 pm

Holy Grail? B-29.

Personal favorite, and one I might actually be able to afford? P-39.
"What a magnificent aeroplane! They could have all their Spitfires and Mustangs!"
Roland "Bee" Beamont, Tempest Wing Commander

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Thu May 13, 2010 9:07 pm

Tom, why don't you start a new thread about the Holy Grail 1/18th scale aircraft. It would be interesting to see the results of that question.
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

Airacobra
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Airacobra » Thu May 13, 2010 9:10 pm

I agree with Sabrefan. You should start a new thread and ask two questions. The Holy Grail question, and also what item would you be willing and able to afford. Just a suggestion.
"What a magnificent aeroplane! They could have all their Spitfires and Mustangs!"
Roland "Bee" Beamont, Tempest Wing Commander

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Thu May 13, 2010 9:15 pm

Airacobra, love your avatar. I am a huge P-39/P-63 fan. A P-39 in 18th scale would be really awesome!
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

mcaulk
Corporal
Corporal

Holy Grail

Post by mcaulk » Fri May 14, 2010 7:51 am

F4D Phantom with both air crew and a s#@$ pot of drop tanks (center-line / wing tanks) and ordinance both AG & AA.

Mike

NightVyper
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by NightVyper » Fri May 14, 2010 3:21 pm

aircraft i would love to see in 1/18 my list is long tho :(

Jets
-------------------
A-10 Thunderbolt
F4 phantom
A4 Skyhawk
F-5E
Eurofighter Typhoon
Mig 29
Su-47
Su-37

Helicopters
-------------------
MI-24 Hind
Ka-50 Werewolf

tom@skyworkstoys
Corporal
Corporal

New Thread

Post by tom@skyworkstoys » Sat May 15, 2010 9:00 pm

Good idea guys, I will take my original message and post it on a new thread called Holy Grail so we can all see what is on the "wish list".

B-29!! What a monster that would be, but it would be cool. I would love to see the Enola Gay or Boxcar motifs.
Tom@SkyWorksToys

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Wed May 19, 2010 11:43 am

Holy Grail

B-17 Flying fortress. For display on ceiling.

I am saving up for someone to make one for me. I will have the funds by the end of the year.
Not sure what would be a fair price but I am thinking around $2500.00 or more.

There is a 1:18 E.A.M. kit that is available to use as a starting point.

I need lots of detail on the outside.
Retractable gear.
No detail required on the inside.
No pilots or crew.
No ground equipment.

Would make a nice Christmas present for 2010.

One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Thu May 20, 2010 7:09 am

:D

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Mon May 24, 2010 9:04 pm

Where would we be without our dreams?
One for the wealthy collectors only, I'm afraid...

tom@skyworkstoys
Corporal
Corporal

SkyWorks Sale

Post by tom@skyworkstoys » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:53 pm

SkyWorks is now offering for sale several items we consider "seconds". These items are sold as is, and shipping is extra. These are items that do not meet our normal quality standards, but are still OK items.

We have 14 sets of the F-14 Engine Nozzle available as seconds. These are "seconds" and some have small pin holes or resin voids in them, but would still look OK mounted on the plane. They are unpainted and unfinished. The cost for these is $5 a set (2 engine nozzles), and $6 shipping for a total of $11 a set. Please contact us if interested. These are first come, first serve and we only have 14.

We also have several of out kit models available as "seconds". If we sell it on our web site we most likely have it, so please contact us for availability, model, and pricing.

If anyone has any questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Tom@SkyWorksToys

456THBG
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by 456THBG » Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:55 pm

Here are pics of my two JSI F14's, a repainted "Jolly Rogers" & a Special Edition "Grim Reaper", both done by Skyworks! Plus, check out Nathan's RBF covers!
Last edited by 456THBG on Mon Jun 21, 2010 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jetsmaniac
Corporal
Corporal

Post by jetsmaniac » Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:38 pm

456THBG wrote:Here are pics of my two JSI F14's, a repainted "Jolly Rogers" & a Special Edition "Grim Reaper", both done by Skyworks! Plus, check out Nathan's RBF covers!
Great to see a fellow sharing my taste for scheme! :D
Real plane on CV-12 Hornet.
[url=http://community.webshots.com/user/mtlin550][img]http://inlinethumb33.webshots.com/34784/2860792140071430623S200x200Q85.jpg[/img][/url]
A photo database dedicated to all 1/18 F-14 repainted squadrons.
Click it. Accept submissions today!

tom@skyworkstoys
Corporal
Corporal

Seconds Sale Update

Post by tom@skyworkstoys » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:55 pm

Just a quick update on the sale SkyWorks is having on some of our "seconds".

The best way to buy anything, including kits, or engine nozzles is to contact us directly through the SkyWorksToys web site. Send us an email using the contact feature, and let us know what you models you are interested in, or how many of the nozzles you want. That way we can track this on our own site.

We are in the process of doing a quick inventory of sets available, so we should be able to let you know next week what we have, and how much they are. As far as the engine nozzles go, we still had a few sets available as of this afternoon. These are being sold on a fist pay, first serve basis, so if you want to pay using PayPal you can send payment to Jack's account at [email protected]. That way you get in line for a set without having to go back and forth with emails.

Thanks for all your support!

PS--456THBG, I watched Jack paint those two F-14s and they look super!! Great way to display them!
Tom@SkyWorksToys

fightin
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by fightin » Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:46 pm

Nicely displayed, 456THBG.
Looks pretty cool! 8)

... but your P-40 in the background seems to fall off its seat!
:shock:
We still need more new 1/18 aircraft!