JSI F-14 REPAINT SERVICE AT SKYWORKS TOYS

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
thatf14guy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

JSI F-14 REPAINT SERVICE AT SKYWORKS TOYS

Post by thatf14guy » Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:09 am

thatf14guy;

We are finishing decals for Black Aces also next one is all Black Playboy scheme it is hard to quote price before I finish all the steps involving major repaint like this,It should be ready within week visit my website ,Thanks Merry Christmas

Jack SkyWorksToys

this email i just got from skyworks, this is just great! also you can buy a spot free cat from them for $250+50 for shipping.

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:09 pm

It looks like all of the Tomcat owners decided to email me today and yesterday ,thank you guys, spotless F14 are here ready to be send to you it cost $50 + shipping to your destination,we also have almost ready two paint schemes I dont know what cost will be yet. Even it is one of the way to get rid of the spots I hope owners of this website wont lock this post it is informative to large number of members Thank you.
Happy Holidays
pictures of two new paint schemes in a works

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

F-14 Repaints

Post by lightning2000 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:47 pm

Hi,
Not looking to step on anyone's toes but you'd better check with a lawyer to see if you can replicate the second scheme sporting the Playboy Bunny insignia on the tail. Seems to be you're leaving yourself open to a potential lawsuit from the Playboy camp. One reason why Century Wings couldnt import one of their recently released planes into the North American market. Suggest you look into a less obtrusive scheme...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

bananapirate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bananapirate » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:51 pm

the playboy scheme is hot

just omit the rabbit to avoid lawsuit, right?

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:01 pm

bananapirate wrote:the playboy scheme is hot

just omit the rabbit to avoid lawsuit, right?
That's like saying "Just take the chocolate out of the chocolate cake." It just isn't the Playboy scheme without the bunny now is it? Guess you could just leave it off then send a decal with the plane like the Swastikas for the German planes. Still might be legal issues I guess.
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

bananapirate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bananapirate » Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:55 pm

pcoughran wrote: That's like saying "Just take the chocolate out of the chocolate cake." It just isn't the Playboy scheme without the bunny now is it? Guess you could just leave it off then send a decal with the plane like the Swastikas for the German planes. Still might be legal issues I guess.
since it's not a complicated shape you could maybe print it and cut it out from paper. that's what I do for a lot of my tank markings

Sabrefan
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Sabrefan » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:43 pm

Didn't Franklin Mint have this scheme on their 1/48th scale F-14 model?
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

bananapirate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bananapirate » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:46 pm

Sabrefan wrote:Didn't Franklin Mint have this scheme on their 1/48th scale F-14 model?
they might have payed to use it though, or have rights to produce models of it. same goes for certain race liveries on 1/18 cars
Last edited by bananapirate on Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bananapirate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bananapirate » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:48 pm

double post oops

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:00 pm

My company is small enough and I wont make any serious money on this particular repaint so I guess I should be able to fly under radar besides you wont tell any body and my lips are sealed

scbvideoboy
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by scbvideoboy » Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:58 am

That's not the way to conduct business. Major market brands defend their images and logos very aggressively.

Now, would they care about a few model planes being repainted? Who knows? You could always inquire first.

DH

lightning2000
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Logos

Post by lightning2000 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:10 pm

Jack,
That's a nice logo you got there. Probably took you a bit of time to create it, not to mention market your own brand over the last few years. Now, if another customizer came along, repainting planes and adding 'your' logo to the finished work of art, deriving a profit to boot without so much as giving you a dime, would you feel the slightest compunction to contact that person and ask him to stop immediately otherwise you might invoke legal action?
The size of your company and amount of profit is immaterial here -- you're using another company's trademarked imagery to make money. Seems to me the smart thing to do would be to choose a different scheme whereby you're not potentially being challenged down the road. You can do as you wish...

Lightning2000
www.themotorpool.net
Create Your Own Battlefield in Miniature or Build Your Own Private War Museum...The Choice is Yours at The Motor Pool!

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:04 pm

Thank you gentleman for try to help run my business of course you understand that previous post meant to be funny it has nothing to do with the how we conduct our business and frankly, if, when and how we ask for permission should be not your concern .Also you have to understand fundamental difference between trying to copy company logo for financial gain for example making a key chain with Ford logo or t shirt with CocaCola logo and not asking owner for permission or taking Playboy Bunny and wright underneath SkyWorks using it as my logo, and making snap shot of existing plane where this logo is only part of design and buyer of the model not getting it because logo but squadron which adopt that logo. Taking a picture of that airplane with Playboy bunny and publishing it on this site or in a newspaper does not make Playboy entitle to collect fees,otherwise this days every where you turn there are logos if you snap picture of your family in front of McDonalds should you pay royalties to company? watch out what you wish for I hope you would not get this as a my attempt to pick fight with you

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:45 pm

We have helmet decals For F14 pilots set for three pilots is $5.00

thatf14guy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by thatf14guy » Sat Dec 26, 2009 8:05 pm

jack;

i wouldn't worry its a government issued aircraft to begin with and you think they are going to pay hugh hefner royalaties. this guy is just being a insufferable trust me i dealt with him before , specially since the way he talked to my wife on the phone and me as well, he doesn't follow his own policies, and cost us $250 in bank backdraft fees. i would just ignore him, your competition to him, so of course he doesn't want you making these planes, it will be taking away from his business. and well i say give it 100%!
Last edited by thatf14guy on Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

art2614
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by art2614 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:36 am

I like the Playboy shceme! I would buy it for sure, cant wait to see one completed.
A place for 1/18 chit chat with no BS
www.fighting118th.com
[img]http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w26/KISSDAWIND/temp_logo.jpg[/img]

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:07 am

thatf14guy wrote:jack;

i wouldn't worry its a government issued aircraft to begin with and you think they are going to pay hugh hefner royalaties. this guy is just being a jerk, trust me i dealt with him before , specially since the way he talked to my wife on the phone and me as well, we are actually boycotting his site at toyark.com. i would just ignore him, your competition to him, so of course he doesn't want you making these planes, it will be taking away from his business. and well i say give it 100%!
Lets be nice here........ :wink: 8)
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

YT

Post by YT » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:03 pm

PM sent to buy a set of decals, those are great!

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:21 am

SkyWorksToys wrote:We have helmet decals For F14 pilots set for three pilots is $5.00

why not do the helmet and sale it to us...
whats up doc....

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Fri Jan 01, 2010 9:21 am

No problem I understand that Pickel makes helmets I can paint them for you and apply decals ,all we need is to find out how many you guys need so I know how many to order
Happy New Year

gliderdwm
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by gliderdwm » Fri Jan 01, 2010 3:16 pm

Hello Jack,
Put me in for 2 of the helmets with decal.

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:57 pm

Ok here it comes this is first of the series Black Aces tomorrow I should be able to post Playboy controversial paint scheme,more pictures at SkyWorksToys.com
We have not expensive gear fixing service ,many of you try to fix spots using all kind of crazy techniques some of you decided to send plane afterward to me because disaster results it is easy and less expensive to leave it to professional same with gear, dont do more damage yourself beyond repair level . I encourage everybody to get involved with modeling hobby ,however $200+ model is not a place to start of course this is only my humble opinion.

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Tue Jan 05, 2010 2:59 pm

SkyWorksToys
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SkyWorksToys » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:01 pm

iflabs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by iflabs » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:27 pm

Whoa! Nice repaints!

This had me thinking, can you put one up in a VF-103 scheme?