Which individual would you want in 1:18

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Morian Miner
Officer - Brigadier General

Which individual would you want in 1:18

Post by Morian Miner » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:25 pm

To pass more time during this dry spell, and to excercise the grey matter on a Monday, how about a quick poll? But, since we've already done vehicles and aircraft how many times, I was thinking of something different.

Give 21C did a Patton figure, if you could request another significant historical figure to be done in 1:18, who would you want to see? Try to limit yourselves to a Top 5. Here's mine to get things started (and I think I'll go way out on a limb):

Gen. Robert E. Lee on Traveler
Rommel
"Stormin' Norman" Swartzkoff (apologies if this is misspelt)
George Washington
Chuck Yeager (need a good pilot)

p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:41 pm

Chuck Yeager and Bud Anderson (with their P-51s!).

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sun Jun 05, 2005 11:45 pm

I would deffinitely like to see a Rommel figure in 1:18 - he would probably be one of the most inoffensive members of the Nazi leadership 21c could do and it would make a great compliment to the Patton figure. General Schwartzkopf (in desert fatigues) would also be cool to go along with the modern stuff and I like your Chuck Yeager pilot idea as well.

Technically, 21c has given us a bunch of famous pilots already in the form of the figures that came with the replica of their aircraft. For example, we already have Pappy Boyington, Ira Kepford, Adolph Galland, Sailor Milan, Herman Graf, Glen Eagleston, Charles Henry McDonald, and Joachim Muncheberg among others!

I also wouldn't mind an Osama Bin Laden figure - so I attach it to a firecraker :twisted:

digger

desert fox

Post by digger » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:20 am

Rommel! No question. You could use his headsculpt a few times too :D .

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:51 am

tmanthegreat wrote:Technically, 21c has given us a bunch of famous pilots already in the form of the figures that came with the replica of their aircraft. For example, we already have Pappy Boyington, Ira Kepford, Adolph Galland, Sailor Milan, Herman Graf, Glen Eagleston, Charles Henry McDonald, and Joachim Muncheberg among others!
Eh, you're being to easy on them! It would have been nice if the pilots could have had a head sculpt based on the real pilot. What really would really be nice is bbi's pilot with custom head to match specific pilots. That was you could display the pilot climbing into the bird without his helmet on.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:53 am

The first series German officer figure's face looks a lot like Rommel. Years ago i converted one into a desert fox Rommel by shortening the figure, doing uniform mods, painting etc. I put the 'racoon eyes' dirt look on his face (from where his goggles block the sand) etc.

He looks very good and i can't imagine either 21c or BBI doing a better job than i did. It was pretty easy too..

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon Jun 06, 2005 6:25 pm

Rommel would be an excellent choice! Now if we could get some British armor then Montgomery would be a good selection too! :D