Admiral Toys

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Admiral Toys

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:52 pm

I want to answer some questions that have been posed and give you an update on Admiral Toys.

First and foremost, Admiral Toys Incorporated is still functioning in a limited capacity. This industry is still unstable and completing productions at this time is difficult for Admiral Toys. They are trying everything in their power to complete production of several models. Admiral Toys wants to continue producing models and will in the future.

Secondly, I no longer work for Admiral Toys in an official capacity. I will assist them in any way possible. I have taken a position with a company based out of Austin, Texas. This company is not in the toy industry. Therefore, I am just a fan visiting a site that I enjoy immensely. Please respect my civilian status and please do not get angry if I will not answer questions pertaining to Admiral Toys Incorporated. As stated, I do not have the authority to speak on their behalf.

I will say that I have spoken to them about the various models discussed on this forum and they have every intention of finishing production. When will they be completed? I do not know, and I will not speculate on their behalf. I know that the SBD is a priority and no matter how it happens, they want it released.

We have spoken with Joystar International about several projects. Discussions are ongoing. Admiral Toys is trying every possible avenue to offer you new and exciting models. These new models are just too nice not to see final production.

This being said, at this time I am changing hats and visiting this site as a fan and collector. As a former manufacturer, I hope to bring some good insight into some of the threads at SSHQ. I only want to bring positive discussion to this board or any other boards I may visit. I still have models on display in my office and hope to collect many more in the future.

Warmest regards,
Jason “formerly” of Admiral Toys

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:00 am

Welcome to the Civilian club. I was always somewhere in the middle of being a civilian and a 21C guy back in the day. But as of the past year or so It's been purely a fellow fan status for me. Good to know that Admiral still might release a SBD someday. I was always secretly rooting for that bird!

Oh and you don't have to worry about your avatar, according to mine I am still AREA-21 Pres. ;) thought about changing but people told me to keep it here in honor of old days.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:29 am

Nice to have you here Jason in any capacity. So what's in your collection? I know you had the F-4 prototype. Any chance you can show us some photos of that?
Last edited by Jericoeagle1 on Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:36 am

It's nice to have people like you on board. Once inside men, you are now outside men with knowledge of the inside :wink:

phil

Black_Dragon_One
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:31 am

welcome
whats up doc....

Black_Dragon_One

Re: Admiral Toys

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:56 am

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:I want to answer some questions that have been posed and give you an update on Admiral Toys.

First and foremost, Admiral Toys Incorporated is still functioning in a limited capacity. This industry is still unstable and completing productions at this time is difficult for Admiral Toys. They are trying everything in their power to complete production of several models. Admiral Toys wants to continue producing models and will in the future.

Secondly, I no longer work for Admiral Toys in an official capacity. I will assist them in any way possible. I have taken a position with a company based out of Austin, Texas. This company is not in the toy industry. Therefore, I am just a fan visiting a site that I enjoy immensely. Please respect my civilian status and please do not get angry if I will not answer questions pertaining to Admiral Toys Incorporated. As stated, I do not have the authority to speak on their behalf.

I will say that I have spoken to them about the various models discussed on this forum and they have every intention of finishing production. When will they be completed? I do not know, and I will not speculate on their behalf. I know that the SBD is a priority and no matter how it happens, they want it released.

We have spoken with Joystar International about several projects. Discussions are ongoing. Admiral Toys is trying every possible avenue to offer you new and exciting models. These new models are just too nice not to see final production.

This being said, at this time I am changing hats and visiting this site as a fan and collector. As a former manufacturer, I hope to bring some good insight into some of the threads at SSHQ. I only want to bring positive discussion to this board or any other boards I may visit. I still have models on display in my office and hope to collect many more in the future.

Warmest regards,
Jason “formerly” of Admiral Toys

did u buy the f14 and how u like it
whats up doc....

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:27 am

Great to see you back on the board Jason. Thank you for the information.

Enjoyed catching up with you in person a few weeks ago. Always a great time!!
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:03 am

Always glad to hear from you Jason, no matter what title you may wear.
You are always welcome to our board. You have always tried to be upfront and honest in your dealings with this board and we greatly appreciate the information and incite you have provided in the past. We look forward to your views and thoughts of the industry as we go past this bad time. You can think of yourself as a former player and now you are in the booth providing color to the game.
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

popeye357
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by popeye357 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:20 am

Now u have to change your name to a sign...like Prince...I mean the artist formerly known as Prince.

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:12 am

JASON:

Good luck with your new job.
Since you still have contact with Admiral, I hope you post Admiral updates on SSHQ because I still think there's a sizeable market for a 1/18 Mosquito and World War I fighters.

ram04
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by ram04 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:51 am

Jason, welcome, me being a newer member I would love to see the return of some of the older molds out there, the P-47, FW190, 109 and Spitfire.

Is it possible that this will ever happen?, Or are these molds broken or lost as some have hinted to?.

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:54 am

Welcome Jason, always good to hear from you. :D
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

thatf14guy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by thatf14guy » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:59 am

yes indeed welcome to our little club here, so what can we expect now from admiral toys, whats in the future. i'm sure the fans and myself are looking for some new releases, can we expect anything new in the near future? i've even read rumors of a 1/18 mosquito, how true is this? :)

Tanker85
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Tanker85 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:03 am

Hi Jason
Good to hear from you. You have always been a straight shooter. Its Admirals loss that you should move on but life is like that. Good luck with your new persuants.

Eric

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:44 am

thatf14guy: did you even bother to read Jason's post?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Shin Densetsu
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by Shin Densetsu » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:21 pm

Welcome aboard Jason, glad you can kick back with us and enjoy the discussions.
Shin's wishlist for 1/18 and 1/32 with retractable landing gear and more:

F-14 Tomcat, F-8 Crusader, A-4 Skyhawk, F-105 Thunderchief, A-6 Intruder, F-15C, F-15E Strike Eagle

Jay
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Jay » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:59 pm

Welcome back Jason. Good to hear from you. That is some good news regarding Admiral Toys as well. Hopefully they'll have a rep who will continue to post on this board at a later date so we can hound...I mean, ask them questions :wink: . Hope your new title is working out for you. 8)
"you get in a steep dive in this thing and you've got almost no maneuvarabilty at all. You couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with the broad side of another barn"

ExC17load
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ExC17load » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:03 am

BadCat, in its blog, said that returns from customers killed Admiral. It also said that returns also led TRU and WM to discontinue the 1:18 lines, which then helped lead to the demise of 21C. True or not, it was an interesting note that I have heard yet.
"I can stop collecting 1:18 scale anytime, really I can. OOoh, the new Stuka re-paint! I don't have that one.

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:25 am

Welcome back buddy!
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:29 am

Would love to hear some more info about the SBD. Although I didn't preorder one, (won't make that mistake again regarding another, ahem preorder) I'm still rooting for the Dauntless.

Good to see you back Jason

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:31 am

I'd take pretty much everything they say with a grain of salt. Bad Cat has said many things over the years, including the, ahem, colorful claim that manufacturers like JSI should produce a Piper Cub in 1:18 because collectors are pining for one and it would be a huge success. That's some insight there. :wink:

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:01 pm

I swear… that crap just drives me nuts! You know most of us have been around here for a while and I can still remember back when that crap first started to happen over there. If I recall correctly it was the free shipping gimmick that stated it all. Then all the planes went up $15-$20.

Jolly Roger
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jolly Roger » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:28 pm

Unlike 21st's attempts at the B-25 and F-4, lets try to keep this thread from being de-railed.

Jason Did you pick up the JSI F-14?
Still withering away from the A-10 Hunger Striker.