Admiral Toys

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:18 pm

ExC17load wrote:BadCat, in its blog, said that returns from customers killed Admiral. It also said that returns also led TRU and WM to discontinue the 1:18 lines, which then helped lead to the demise of 21C. True or not, it was an interesting note that I have heard yet.
You all know that Admiral Toys has a return policy that is second to none. We sent you a call back from UPS or FedEx and you sent the plane back to us, free of charge. We in turn sent you a new one on us. I promise you that we would not have that policy if we had a large amount of returns. We took care of all the returns for all of our retailers. They did not have to hassle with our our mistakes. Therefore, we knew the number of planes being returned. It was well under 2%. Not a bad number if you ask me.

Now, I did hear through the grapevine that particular big block stores had sketchy contracts that made the manufacturer responsible for the difference in a determined price for resale. For example, if a model was to be sold for $10 and the store had to discount it to $5, the manufacturer was responsible for the difference. It was the price for having your product on the shelves of the largest retailers in the world. Looking at it that way, yes, returns and discounts were the death of some contracts.

I would like to add that Bad Cat Toys has always been good to the manufacturers. I think they kind of get a bad rap on this forum.

Regards,
Jason
Last edited by Jason of Admiral Toys on Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jason of Admiral Toys
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by Jason of Admiral Toys » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:33 pm

Jolly Roger wrote:Unlike 21st's attempts at the B-25 and F-4, lets try to keep this thread from being de-railed.

Jason Did you pick up the JSI F-14?
Jolly Roger,

No, I have not picked one up, yet. I would like to have one but I will wait for the next round. I, like many, am not a big fan of the Spots. I do dig TKO's repaint. That is one very sharp looking model.

I was approached by JSI before they released any of their aircraft and talk to Frank, one of their uppers in HK. We discussed the F-14 and I recommended a different avenue. They didn't listen. Frank no longer works for JSI (which had nothing to do with the paint or outcome of the release.)

I am sure JSI is very pleased with the preliminary numbers for the F-14. Being sold out is all you can ask. We will see how subsequent releases sell. I hope they do well and this affords them the opportunity to release the F-15 and hopefully in the future the A-10. I have a very good buddy on this site that will poop himself the day they announce that!

Regards,
Jason

snake
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by snake » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:09 pm

Welcome back to the forum Jason.

Your insight should be informative.

Glad to hear Admiral Toys is not dead,but in "hibernation"

KAMIKAZE

Post by KAMIKAZE » Wed Dec 16, 2009 8:17 pm

Welcome home Jason. Kick off your shoes, have a drink, and stay awhile. 8)

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:10 pm

Jason of Admiral Toys wrote:
I hope they do well and this affords them the opportunity to release the F-15 and hopefully in the future the A-10. I have a very good buddy on this site that will poop himself the day they announce that!

Regards,
Jason
:lol: ....so true.....so true...... :D
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:26 am

Birddog wrote:
I hope they do well and this affords them the opportunity to release the F-15 and hopefully in the future the A-10. I have a very good buddy on this site that will poop himself the day they announce that!

Regards,
Jason
:lol: ....so true.....so true...... :D
I'll ship you some Depends, just in case.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:04 am

ExC17load wrote:BadCat, in its blog, said that returns from customers killed Admiral. It also said that returns also led TRU and WM to discontinue the 1:18 lines, which then helped lead to the demise of 21C. True or not, it was an interesting note that I have heard yet.
You all know that Admiral Toys has a return policy that is second to none. We sent you a call back from UPS or FedEx and you sent the plane back to us, free of charge. We in turn sent you a new one on us. I promise you that we would not have that policy if we had a large amount of returns. We took care of all the returns for all of our retailers. They did not have to hassle with our our mistakes. Therefore, we knew the number of planes being returned. It was well under 2%. Not a bad number if you ask me.

Now, I did hear through the grapevine that particular big block stores had sketchy contracts that made the manufacturer responsible for the difference in a determined price for resale. For example, if a model was to be sold for $10 and the store had to discount it to $5, the manufacturer was responsible for the difference. It was the price for having your product on the shelves of the largest retailers in the world. Looking at it that way, yes, returns and discounts were the death of some contracts.

I would like to add that Bad Cat Toys has always been good to the manufacturers. I think they kind of get a bad rap on this forum.

Regards,
Jason

I would say that AT has been very accommodating towards any problems that I have had. I once had the Landing gear break on my F-86 Saber because my cat had to step on the plane. I e-mailed and offered to purchase a new set of landing gear if they had any spare parts. Not only did I receive the gear, I received the entire wing, pilot and everything short of the fuselage. It was at no cost to me and sent FedEx. I have never dealt with a company and have had better customer support in my life. They are top notch and will always get my respect. I am just hoping that my Military toyshop exclusive SBD Dauntless would hurry up and get here as it has been on pre-order from day 1.

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:08 pm

Nice to hear from you again, Jason. As some here have noticed, I have also been pretty absent from the forum the past several months as I focus on other (2-wheeled) pursuits. With winter grabbing hold here in the midwest, that may change - we'll see. I definitely look forward to catching up again sometime.
Welcome back - it's nice to have you stay on board around here - after all, we are all collectors, first and foremost, with a passion for the hobby.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:09 pm

Hi Jason,

Thanks for the post and good luck with your new job. I certainly hope Admiral continues to stick around.

Now with that said, I eager await the CL-13 Hartman. :) I know right now is not the time, but please let Admiral know that there are a few diehards still hoping to see the repaints.

Ditto on the temptation.

I can wait, but please don't let them totallly scrap the projects.

Thanks!

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Sat Dec 19, 2009 10:36 am

Ditto.

I'll take all the repaints I can get my hands on. :D