JSI F-14A Options

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
diegomenendez
Corporal
Corporal

JSI F-14A Options

Post by diegomenendez » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:37 pm

So what are the options?

I just saw the photos from Weekend of Heroes, courtesy of General hawk59

My anger cannot be put into words. I've been following this forum since the day I found out about the Tomcat (Sept. 2009).

So what are the options, (besides sending it back)

I think it'd be best if we get in touch with some model painters, and ask their advice. Maybe we can apply thinner and wash out the DOTS!

Time for me to have a nervous breakdown.....FUCK YOU JSI, FUCK YOU IN THE FUCKING ASS, HOW COULD YOU DO THIS? HOW COULD YOU LIE TO OUR FACES, AND PRETEND NOT TO AWNSER EMAILS WHEN WE SENT THEM REGARDING THE FIRST FABRICATION PHOTOS. YOU FUCKING BASTARDS!

Ok, sorry about that, but man, I've held my tounge for too long!

I really want to return it, but I'm afraid there will never be another 1/18 F-14A again, seeing as how this one has failed pathetically.

So one more, I ask, what are our options

Diego
Last edited by diegomenendez on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:45 pm

Well, I will use my aero and skills to give it a far better look. It's unbelivable to keep it like this.

phil

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:45 pm

Diego, I share you level of frustation. What a joke by JSI. How can they invest so much in the development and manufacturing and just totally screw up the paint job? I don't ask for much regarding paint jobs by the way. I'm not a rivet counter, etc. That's why I'm pissed beyond belief. But like I said in a separate post, I'm done. Time to move on, and sit tight and hopefully JSI can pull a decent S-2 off. But I'm not going to loose any sleep whether they do or not.

JSI YOU BLEW IT.
Last edited by vulgarvulture on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

diegomenendez
Corporal
Corporal

Post by diegomenendez » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:46 pm

Please, document your process in fixing the spots.

And for those who think I've blown a fuse, two things.

1. I have no reputation to make or break in this community, no one knows me, I'm new, so I'm not afraid to look crazy/hurt anyones feelings/make a jackass out of myself

2. I'm just saying what everyone else, who has something to lose, is afraid to say. JSI...FUCK YOU!

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:59 pm

vulgarvulture wrote:Diego, I share you level of frustation. What a joke by JSI. How can they invest so much in the development and manufacturing and just totally screw up the paint job? I don't ask for much regarding paint jobs by the way. I'm not a rivet counter, etc. That's why I'm pissed beyond belief. But like I said in a separate post, I'm done. Time to move on, and sit tight and hopefully JSI can pull a decent S-2 off. But I'm not goling to loose any sleep whether they do or not.
Problem with this SANFU is JSI just ruined their reputation beyond repair. Who will place a preorder now for another JSI plane? That is, if there is another plane down the road, because anyone who ain't totally blind (in both the actual and the figurative sense) and doesn't have the skills to fix it (and I know I couldn't no matter how much time I could spend airbrushing the polka dots away) is going to be very frustrated with this plane at $230+ (let alone the special edition folks who paid a premium for the lighting).

So, no, I can foresee no S-2 being produced. Among other things because this is partly Merit's fault for not keeping tabs on JSI. What guarantee is there that this won't happen again (especially, after the Spotgate fiasco came to light and they brushed off their customers' concerns in a less than forthcoming manner)?

bananapirate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bananapirate » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:01 pm

WOW that is pretty bad :?

diegomenendez
Corporal
Corporal

Post by diegomenendez » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:02 pm

I for one will never pre-order anything from JSI again

As for Merit? Slimey fucks!

diegomenendez
Corporal
Corporal

Post by diegomenendez » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:04 pm

And what the hell is the deal with the Launch Bar?!?!

Why is it so damn limp! It should be pointing up! Not hanging down

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:04 pm

I'll post my same reply here as the other thread. My five year old's comment stung.

If my five year old son can see them...

[here's the other post]
Like I said in the main F-14 thread.

I wanted to eat crow. Hoping and wishing what we saw in Merit's pics was a fluke.
Photo by General Hawk 59

I'm disappointed beyond words.

JSI blew it....big time

To my five year old son:

"What do you think about it?"
"It has big dots on it Daddy"

I just about felt crushed.
Last edited by NWarty on Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:05 pm

It's just a shame, because without the polka dots, the plane would be perfect.

You have to wonder how many people are going to cancel their pre-orders or send back their models now. And what that might entail for the future of JSI. :?

diegomenendez
Corporal
Corporal

Post by diegomenendez » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:06 pm

If I cant find a way to fix the spots, I'll send mine back

diegomenendez
Corporal
Corporal

Post by diegomenendez » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:07 pm

Also, I know I ranted, but lets try to focus on ways of fixing the spots, anyone have ideas? Besides covering them up with the same base color as the plane?

iflabs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by iflabs » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:08 pm

I am completely baffled how JSI completely FUBARED a project this big. I had really high hopes for the F-14 especially after seeing the work done on their re-releases of 21st Century planes.

Gah damn it! They should have just left the plane clean if they weren't completely sure how the weathering on the final product turned out.

SLRFAN
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by SLRFAN » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:10 pm

WTH :shock: Badcats pictures made it look decent but this was the deal breaker for me.

thatf14guy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by thatf14guy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:11 pm

nwarty: i know me and you have had our differences about this plane, but that just sucks about your son, specially right before x-mas, it looks like its got measles, or chicken pox, dude if i was you i be cursing someone out, i know i will be.

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:12 pm

I foresee the customizers of our hobby picking up a great many F-14's at deep discounts in the not-so-distant future... :shock:

Wow. Just.....wow.
JSI really had intercourse with a Dalmatian on this one.

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:13 pm

F14,
Thank you for the nice message, it's appreciated.

I'll find a way to fix it.

But I will NEVER pre-order again.

thatf14guy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by thatf14guy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:17 pm

hopefully you can, but man it looks like a leopard or some russian or communist paint scheme, good thing i didn't get jsi to do that custom plane, but they did say they could leave off the weathering, but not 1650, bucks. fu.. that!!

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:20 pm

thatf14guy wrote:hopefully you can, but man it looks like a leopard or some russian or communist paint scheme, good thing i didn't get jsi to do that custom plane, but they did say they could leave off the weathering, but not 1650, bucks. fu.. that!!
You can always comission someone to paint one for you. Something tells me you'll find F-14s on the cheap in the near future.

thatf14guy
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by thatf14guy » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:23 pm

probably, but the sad thing is it looks good over all, the shape, the way everything comes together so nicely, but then you have that god awful weathering, hell who knows maybe its a new camouflage?

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:27 pm

When mine comes in I'll report what luck I have removing/camouflaging the spots. I hope someone will be able to do some custom decals.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

general hawk59
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by general hawk59 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:39 pm

I hope you guys all like my pics.. Also to the guy who posted my pix please post photos provided by general hawk59 thanks. :D Anyways I love this plane.. Im so happy that we have a 1:18 scale tomcat.

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:42 pm

Will do GH. Going back to edit

Good God, my other five year old son just said he see big spots. (I have fraternal twin boys)

CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by CW4USARMY » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:53 pm

King O' Fools wrote:It's just a shame, because without the polka dots, the plane would be perfect.

You have to wonder how many people are going to cancel their pre-orders or send back their models now. And what that might entail for the future of JSI. :?

Agree 110%. I just posted yesterday that I am buying one regular and one special edition no matter what! Well, after seeing these new pics, I must give in and admit defeat :cry: I cancelled my standard edition pre-order, but I will buy one of the special editions from foxhole toys because 1) The folks at Foxhole were very quick and courteous in my email communications with them, and 2) a hope that I will have the time and skill later to fix this absoltuely horrendous attempt at weathering.

JSI really screwed the pooch with this one, and I dont think they have the money to gamble with otherwise they would have corrected this as soon as they saw the outcry. Now they are in a situation where they probably arent going to recoup their investment and we can say goodbye to the last active 1:18 aircraft maker :cry: .

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:55 pm

I officially gave up on customs coupla months ago after Skyworks p-51 in '07 and PWP Designs Hellcat this last Oct. I'm now giving up preordering. I'm keeping it coming, just in case it's one of the "late" ones when JSI couldn't find any more drums of gray paint and had to make it last. But I'm gonna hafta see it now.

Sad thing is, I think there was noone from here going to China to check on things. During whatever phone conference happened, someone from here mentioned weathering might be good. "What is weathering, Imperialist Running Dog?" You know, put spots on it.
Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..