Most and Best Aircraft Features

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Tinman
Officer - Brigadier General

Most and Best Aircraft Features

Post by Tinman » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:24 am

This may be two different questions -

Which aircraft do you think has the most features? For example, the 21C F-86 includes (among other things) opening gun bays and speed brakes. What aircraft would you say has the most features, and what are they?

And which aircraft has the best (in your opinion), features, even if it may not have the most features? Maybe you really like the ball turret on the Avenger, for instance. So what is your favorite feature(s) of them all?

What do you all think?
Last edited by Tinman on Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bananapirate
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by bananapirate » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:18 pm

I'd say the avenger

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:32 pm

Mig 15 and Avenger !

phil

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:10 pm

Mig-15, F-86 and Me-262

Mig and Sabre: Opening gun bays, retractable canopy, airbrakes, flaps, ailerons, rudder, elevator, gear, seat belts, glear gun sights.

Schwable: Gun bays, gear, canopy, seatbelts, leading edge slats, flaps, ailerons, rudder, elevator, clear gun sight

I love the Avenger and own the Atlantic version, but IMO doesn't hold a candle to the later 21c models, feature wise.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:15 pm

21c Avenger, 21c AH-1W Supercobra, 21c F-86, 21c Mig-15, 21c ME-262s, and BBI Bf-109G.

The Avenger is the most complex of 21c's aircraft, and has all those working features. In some ways, all the moving parts were a detriment to the model, but it still is way cool.

The AH-1W is the best 1:18 helicopter, period. Lots of moving parts, plus the opening engines, gun bay, avionics bay and cockpit. The removable canopy to get figures in and out of the cockpit easily is also a nice feature.

The F-86 and Mig-15 are two of the best planes 21c ever made. They had good qualtiy control overall, were sturdy in construction, and had a ton of working features. The gunbays and airbreaks top the list of working features for me on those planes.

The 21c ME-262s are good as well. Given the many QC problems I had with the "Yellow 7" plane, it almost did not make my list. (I had to go through three of them until I got a good one where the landing gear doors, or canopy, or something else did not break immediately). In the end, though, it offers a lot of moving surfaces, undercarriage options, and that awesome gun bay.

Finally, I had to throw the BBI Bf-109G in there. It really is a fantastic model and it is the only 1:18 plane (not helicopter) with an opening engine.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

YT

Post by YT » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:33 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:
The AH-1W is the best 1:18 helicopter, period. Lots of moving parts, plus the opening engines, gun bay, avionics bay and cockpit. The removable canopy to get figures in and out of the cockpit easily is also a nice feature.

The 21c ME-262s are good as well. Given the many QC problems I had with the "Yellow 7" plane, it almost did not make my list. (I had to go through three of them until I got a good one where the landing gear doors, or canopy, or something else did not break immediately). In the end, though, it offers a lot of moving surfaces, undercarriage options, and that awesome gun bay.
Those would have been my choices also.

la817291
Corporal
Corporal

Post by la817291 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:47 am

I go for 21C Mig 15 ,F-86 :lol:

ExC17load
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by ExC17load » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:59 am

Most features, I would have to say the Avenger as well. It had three crewmen, a door in the side, folding wings...the list goes on.

The Avenger rocked!

I also liked the Nightfighter Me-162 with all of the features it had, plus the split canopy.
"I can stop collecting 1:18 scale anytime, really I can. OOoh, the new Stuka re-paint! I don't have that one.

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:10 am

tmanthegreat wrote:
All dampened by 21st's crummy choice in plastics.
I Tan I Epi Tas

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:32 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:21c Avenger, 21c AH-1W Supercobra, 21c F-86, 21c Mig-15, 21c ME-262s, and BBI Bf-109G.

The Avenger is the most complex of 21c's aircraft, and has all those working features. In some ways, all the moving parts were a detriment to the model, but it still is way cool.

The F-86 and Mig-15 are two of the best planes 21c ever made. They had good qualtiy control overall, were sturdy in construction, and had a ton of working features. The gunbays and airbreaks top the list of working features for me on those planes.

Finally, I had to throw the BBI Bf-109G in there. It really is a fantastic model and it is the only 1:18 plane (not helicopter) with an opening engine.

tman, you captured my thoughts exactly.

MCalamari
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by MCalamari » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:56 pm

I'll vote for 5 plane fans (me, my brother, my dad, and 2 nephews):

21c Avenger

It collects our votes for several reasons, some of us like the features, others like the paint job, and others (the young ones) are fascinated by its size.

That said, it is hard to say what my favorite pane is. But the Avenger was given away.