More....if 21st Century is listening...

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Threetoughtrucks
Officer - Brigadier General

More....if 21st Century is listening...

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Wed Oct 06, 2004 6:46 am

We finally have word of repaints of armor. Good, glad to hear it. Vehicle guys are "glad of heart".

NOW...

Can we have something, anything new??? Like the neat Dodge 1 1/2 ton truck pictured as ready to go in your last convention appearance... or the M-113 pictured also.

The longer we wait, the more we check out other scales and other manufacturers, no matter how much we like 21c for the quality and the price, we are not like the other bozos with short attention spans but we even us bozos have limits............

Just in case 21c is listening!!!!!!!!!!!
TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

Morian Miner

A second

Post by Morian Miner » Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:48 am

Or maybe figures to go with all these vehicles?

BTW, does 21C, BBi, etc. know about this site yet?

vmf214

They will

Post by vmf214 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 3:59 pm

eventually discover this site, most likely sooner than later. That's why us "whiners" need to keep up the nagging for new items, might get lucky and have them acutally listen to the folks that keep them going.

KAMIKAZE

New toys.

Post by KAMIKAZE » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:04 am

How about a heavy weapons pack(mg42 on a tripod,50mm anti-tank gun,
light AA gun,ect.and the Swedish bikini team.Woundn't that be great? :P

Mark
I'm a legend in my own mind.

victory
Sergeant
Sergeant

future releases

Post by victory » Fri Oct 08, 2004 11:55 am

As far as something new, I feel the same, but I would imagine (judging from what we've seen) they are in re-release & repaint mode. I wouldn't be surprise to see them re-releasing the old figures & vehicles (jeep etc..) and must say I could use a few more german infantry.

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:02 pm

21st XD is what got me started in 1:18 collecting. Now with the endless supplies of re-paints but new products few and far between, I'm moving more and more toward other manufacturers. Even if 21st just made a few simple changes to exsisting moulds, it would make some products seem new and still keep production costs down. But they seem to be in a rut.

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Fri Oct 08, 2004 1:39 pm

I can only wish 21c could make those "simple" changes.

Taking their White half-track, eliminate the pulpit and dropping into the bed a .50 cal. quad mount. Simple no, but the quad mount half-track would fly off the shelves.

Any cargo truck would also be big.... take the Command Car, change the body form dash board back to a cargo truck, simple no, but it would be a big seller.

But then we are dealing with a company that can't even produce a 1 1/2 Dodge even after they tease us with one at the convention. As well as the M-113.

And that's aside from neat stuff like any artillery piece like a 37mm or 57mm anti-tank, or a 40mm Bofors AA gun....and that's not even thinking about the German PAK-38 or PAK-40, or the 20mm quad AA mount...my mouth is watering...

I can't take this conversation any more, TTT is sad.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:10 am

They've had a lot of new armour in the works for years...they aren't releasing it because they don't believe it will sell well/ can't find a major retailer to carry it.

My hope is (and their plan) that the armour repaints will sell well and encourage brand new items. I'm certain the winter tiger will sell well; it's a steal at $40.

victory
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by victory » Sat Oct 09, 2004 7:28 am

...and even better at $25 :D

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Sun Oct 10, 2004 12:16 pm

We're saturated with winter Tigers in my area, every store! Doesn't appear that any have moved, all pretty much in the same area attracting dust. Aircraft, however, in my area moves well (with the exception of the brilliant brainstorm CIA Huey that is). Hopefully with the Xmas season approaching these will thin out. I think the night 109 will sell like hotcakes at WM just as the winter 109's did.