POST ALL JSE F-14 QUESTIONS AND DISCUSSION HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
sluff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sluff » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:47 pm

Did anyone here from Texas order from Badcat? I called and they said mine shipped this morning but they have not given me a tracking # so I am trying to guess when it will arrive. I am assuming between Friday and Tuesday so if anyone else knows when theirs is coming that would help me out.
Thanks in advance
Where is my Skyraider?

CW4USARMY
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:55 pm

CW4USARMY wrote:BigBadToystore.com has them in now and is shipping today too. Selling for 209.99 and 29.88 shipping! :D
Just noticed they also have the lighted version for 279.99 (for those looking for best price)

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:32 pm

sluff wrote:Did anyone here from Texas order from Badcat? I called and they said mine shipped this morning but they have not given me a tracking # so I am trying to guess when it will arrive. I am assuming between Friday and Tuesday so if anyone else knows when theirs is coming that would help me out.
Thanks in advance
You will probably get your tracking number later tonight. That's what happened with me. Their site says they will be shipping out some tomorrow as well so yours may have not gone out yet. I'd give them at least until then to give you the number.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

CessnaDriver
Corporal
Corporal

Post by CessnaDriver » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:40 am

Ok
UPS sez delivery this Thursday for me.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:32 am

Hoping these will show up at my Hobbytown sometime this week. The staff there is saying any day now. Badcat already has theirs, so given that my Hobbytown is closer to the port of entry for the F-14s than Badcat, they should get the planes in soon.

Can you believe I was actually awake at 4:00am this morning, lying in bed thinking about this plane :P
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:37 am

tmanthegreat wrote:Can you believe I was actually awake at 4:00am this morning, lying in bed thinking about this plane :P
Actually I can. I've been lying awake trying to figure out how to mask this huge b*st**d and prep for paint.

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:46 am

tmanthegreat wrote:Hoping these will show up at my Hobbytown sometime this week. The staff there is saying any day now. Badcat already has theirs, so given that my Hobbytown is closer to the port of entry for the F-14s than Badcat, they should get the planes in soon.

Can you believe I was actually awake at 4:00am this morning, lying in bed thinking about this plane :P
My local Hobby shop (independent here in MO) got theirs on Monday. Once you get it you'll be obsessed like NWarty and myself about how to fix the spots.
It is physically a beauty though.
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:34 am

tman wrote: "Can you believe I was actually awake at 4:00am this morning, lying in bed thinking about this plane"

yeah, me too, thinking: "why, oh why did they have to paint those goofy spots all over it?"
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

iflabs
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by iflabs » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:53 am

CW4USARMY wrote:BigBadToystore.com has them in now and is shipping today too. Selling for 209.99 and 29.88 shipping! :D
Damn it! No pickups.

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:12 am

Having seen the spots on the videos and the photos, I have to say that I would of been furious getting this plane. Sorry guys, but the spots really kill it for me.... Wow.

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:06 pm

I think the feelings on the spots are a frame of mind... Learn to love them and they won't be so bad. It is sort of like getting oneself to like hard liquor despite its obvious bad smell and taste :wink:

NWarty
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by NWarty » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:30 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:I think the feelings on the spots are a frame of mind... Learn to love them and they won't be so bad. It is sort of like getting oneself to like hard liquor despite its obvious bad smell and taste :wink:
Does this mean the more beer I drink, the more the spots will go away? Ala "Spot Goggles"

Then again I could be seeing double the spots!

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:37 pm

Well, according to Bad Cat: "This Tomcat should be enjoyed from a distance and taken-in as a visual whole." And, if at all possible, with your beer goggles on, I might add. :roll:

Someone at BCA's website has even given the Special Ed. Spotcat a five star rating. Funny, because they have not been very thorough in examining the model themselves. Still no pictures of the actual thing, except for Merit's.
We'll be giving priority to getting xmas orders processed and as many of these Tomcats out the door as possible. We have not seen a standard production model in person yet and only had a moment to view an SE model before they went out the door. When we get a chance, we'll photograph one of these babies and post it to the product page on our site--but not before we get all the Preorders shipped asap.

Our Standard Version 1:18 F-14s arrived this morning at 3:45 am, that's right AM! What's worse, I hate to admit it, but I was already at work!! We had the tags ready and all F-14 Preorders left immediately to their new homes, we didn't even bring them into the building just transferred them from one truck to the others. We still have some mopping-up to do with orders that had special requests or were combined with other in-stock items--those will go out in a few days. But about 95% of all the Tomcats are on their way.

When will BCA post pictures of the actual standard edition models they got may not be everyone's guess. But if they follow up on their new, ad-hoc no returns policy for the JSI F-14, this could get interesting, as they seemed to be in a hurry to get all those pre-orders (all 95% of them) shipped asap. Which, unfortunately, left them no time to inspect, let alone photograph, the actual model. Maybe we'll see some pictures today. :wink:

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:45 pm

NWarty wrote:Does this mean the more beer I drink, the more the spots will go away? Ala "Spot Goggles"

Then again I could be seeing double the spots!
That is sort of what I'm getting at... That solution may be worth posting in the "Spot Repair" thread :P

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:55 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:I think the feelings on the spots are a frame of mind... Learn to love them and they won't be so bad. It is sort of like getting oneself to like hard liquor despite its obvious bad smell and taste :wink:
Man, this brings me back to the silver splotches on the Series 1 Kepford Corsair. And we all thought this was behind us....

-Ski
[url=http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2869983520050168193AYuxRR][img]http://inlinethumb18.webshots.com/8785/2869983520050168193S600x600Q85.jpg[/img][/url]

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:05 pm

Teamski wrote:
Man, this brings me back to the silver splotches on the Series 1 Kepford Corsair. And we all thought this was behind us....

-Ski
So Kepford silver plotch were realy original ? I bought mine loose and Thought it was made by the owner :roll:

phil

Teamski
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Post by Teamski » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:10 pm

exether_mega wrote:
Teamski wrote: Man, this brings me back to the silver splotches on the Series 1 Kepford Corsair. And we all thought this was behind us....

-Ski
So Kepford silver plotch were realy original ? I bought mine loose and Thought it was made by the owner :roll:

phil

Hehehehe.... No, those are original to the plane. Some people were even lucky enough to get a silver finger print or two on theirs.... Autographed copies.

-Ski

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:16 pm

I had one of the ultra rare print versions. Dang, I wish I had held on to that plane! :lol:

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:26 pm

Teamski wrote:
exether_mega wrote: So Kepford silver plotch were realy original ? I bought mine loose and Thought it was made by the owner :roll:

phil

Hehehehe.... No, those are original to the plane. Some people were even lucky enough to get a silver finger print or two on theirs.... Autographed copies.

-Ski
Well, just checked and it appear that I have the common version. Not the Special Autographed Edition :lol:

phil

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:28 pm

what kind of viewing distance is Badcat reccommending? Hundred feet or so?

toyktdlgh

Post by toyktdlgh » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:13 pm

I just noticed that Aikens Airplanes has the exact same disclaimer as Bad Cat. Word for word and even the returns part.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:24 pm

well the etailers are understandably scrambling, as i doubt Merit will take them back from them and i'm pretty certain JSI won't take them back from Merit.

As i've been sayiing JSI is 100% to blame for all this and they have done themselves great harm.

King O' Fools
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by King O' Fools » Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:46 pm

Shouldn't Merit bear some of the blame for this too? :? I know they're 'just' the (exclusive) distributor for the US, but I think it would have been in their best interest to keep tabs on the development and production of the F-14, which they clearly haven't. Hence the Spotcat.

PS: Oh, and is this even legal? Changing the returns policy AFTER you have delivered your pre-orders? Is this not considered a binding agreement on the part of the seller?

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:18 pm

well i doubt Merit has any input or ability to oversee the product being made. They just distribute what JSI (in this case) makes. JSI is 100% responsible for this debacle.

I don't think it matters much what the etailers claim to be their return policy. If someone wants to return it they will. They just have to go through their credit card company and etailers heads will roll. Besides, in no way can 500+ two tone spots be considered 'minor paint flaws' or however they describe it. The pictures on many of the etailer sites is very misleading and not at all representative of how the real product looks.

But as i keep saying, i feel for them. JSI has dumped a real turd on them and they're stuck.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:23 pm

King O' Fools wrote:Shouldn't Merit bear some of the blame for this too? :? I know they're 'just' the (exclusive) distributor for the US, but I think it would have been in their best interest to keep tabs on the development and production of the F-14, which they clearly haven't. Hence the Spotcat.

PS: Oh, and is this even legal? Changing the returns policy AFTER you have delivered your pre-orders? Is this not considered a binding agreement on the part of the seller?
Your right, i work at gamestop when some one preorders a game and after they get it they can take it back as long its not open. So if the F-14 is not open they should get their money back.
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.