POST ALL JSE F-14 QUESTIONS AND DISCUSSION HERE

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
JoeS
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JoeS » Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:11 pm

aki wrote:
JoeS wrote:By the way a little off- topic- Aki- who's that girl in your avatar, I keep looking at the Tomcat but I'm so drawn to her image as well? Beautiful on both counts mate...

JoeS
You're talking about my Hailey? I'll hook you up with her if you send me the Tomcat! :mrgreen:
Lol! She's lovely...who cares about the Tomcat I'll slip in another pre-order at MTS just for you! Forgive me Aki, your Hailey is incredibly attractive. Wishing you both well for the future.

On the Tomcat, I'm actually astounded, it looks close to the HPH £10,000 plane I saw in London during a business aviation show. It too was high viz and they had a Mig-21 next to it...dwarfed to say the least. Glad they went for an overall gray finish as opposed to the white underside. The future looks certainly bright for 1/18th. Now if only they'd sell these here in the UK.....chance will be a fine thing.

Regards

JoeS.

dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by dragon53 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:25 pm

I'm surprised to see a VF-84 Jolly Rogers from the USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT. After THE FINAL COUNTDOWN, it's almost ingrained in my mind that VF-84 F-14s are from the NIMITZ. Either way, the JSI F-14 looks good. Now I'm hoping for a JSI F-15E Strike Eagle from the 4th TFW.
Last edited by dragon53 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:58 pm

dragon53 wrote:I'm surprised to see a VF-84 Jolly Roger from the USS THEODORE ROOSEVELT. After THE FINAL COUNTDOWN, it's almost ingrained in my mind that VF-84 F-14s are from the NIMITZ. Either way, the JSI F-14 looks good. Now I'm hoping for a JSI F-15E Strike Eagle from the 4th TFW.
I hadn't noticed that until you mentioned it. I was able to find these photos one shows this very ship. I'm not trying to sharpshoot you, I'm just happy that JSI actually went to this kinda research for this release.

Tanks for the memories
Your breachblocks so black
And oodles of track
Here at Grafenwoehr it's so good to be back
Oh, tanks for the memories..

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:40 pm

CHUNKS:

Not to get off subject, but 25 years ago, we fed a neighborhood cat that looked very much like yours that always at the front door waiting for his daily feeding. I moved to another state for a new job and never saw him again. I really miss that cat.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:33 pm

i've never seen high viz schemes with all gloss grey. Unusual choice.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:32 pm

dragon53:

He'll be missed. Even though he was still young, he acted like every one's big brother. Whenever another cat would get into a bind, he'd come running to get my attention and led me to them. His last yell for help was his first for him, but there was none available.
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:18 pm

CHUNKS:

I was curious if JSI's F-14 #201 ever saw combat. This is what I found out.

After the Navy introduced the low-visibility paint schemes around 1984, the Navy allowed 2 jets per carrier to keep a colorful hi-visibilty paint scheme. VF-84 kept the commanding officer (#201) and CAG (#200) in the hi-visibility.

The top photo shows #201 in 1989. The bottom photo shows #201 in June, 1991 after the THEODORE ROOSEVELT/VF-84 saw combat in Desert Storm. Notice the white wavy lines surrounding the skull and crossbones. My guess is JSI's #201 is the pre-Desert Storm paint scheme.

Also, my condolences on your cat.

exether_mega
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by exether_mega » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:01 pm

chunks wrote:dragon53:

He'll be missed. Even though he was still young, he acted like every one's big brother. Whenever another cat would get into a bind, he'd come running to get my attention and led me to them. His last yell for help was his first for him, but there was none available.
Condolences for your cat Chunks :cry:

We have 3 and I already know how my wife and I will be sad when they will left us.

Be happy of all those moments with him, and be happy that your way crossed his way.

phil

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:03 pm

dragon53:

Thanks for digging up more info, this seems like more of a winner to me all the time.

Finding one of the few aircraft that's hi-viz without all the white and doesn't replicate the scheme that BBI's jets have took some effort on JSI's part.
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:05 pm

exether_mega wrote:

Condolences for your cat Chunks :cry:

We have 3 and I already know how my wife and I will be sad when they will left us.

Be happy of all those moments with him, and be happy that your way crossed his way.

phil
I very much am, Thank you very kindly.
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:38 pm

what's wrong with the white? Very typical of navy planes in the 60's, 70's and early 80's. I would have preferred white undersides to this oddball scheme.

chunks
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by chunks » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:50 pm

aferguson wrote:what's wrong with the white? Very typical of navy planes in the 60's, 70's and early 80's. I would have preferred white undersides to this oddball scheme.
Nothing wrong with the white at all. If Admiral can release their SPAD, I believe we'll see it. I only mentioned it since the scheme that they've seem to have settled on is a compromise of concerns, wishes, etc that have been voiced and the work they went to in order to find it.

This was an unexpected choice, I was prepared for the early gull gray/white or the later subdued scheme. Either one I'd be very happy with. Heck, if they'd released the truelly odd ball Iranian scheme I'd still be happy. Just being able to add this bird is a real big plus.
Tanks for the memories
And oodles of track

vespapilot79
Private First Class
Private First Class

Post by vespapilot79 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:18 pm

I have mine preordered. I dont mind the hi vis paient scheme, I would prefer the lo vis tho! Its going to look great next to my F-16!!
144th FW Fresno ANG Griffins!!

Black_Dragon_One

Post by Black_Dragon_One » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:37 pm

Thanks for digging up more info, this seems like more of a winner to me all the time.

Finding one of the few aircraft that's hi-viz without all the white and doesn't replicate the scheme that BBI's jets have took some effort on JSI's part.
cat......

ya sorry to hear about your cat... i lost two dog to some coyote
whats up doc....

sledgehammer
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by sledgehammer » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:14 pm

The pics I am seeing are simply stunning, but they could be diecast too. I think 21st did this a few times. Never the less this jet is going to be a cut above everything else, I just have that feeling. Can't wait.
succesful buyers or traders: 109, pcoughran, toyktdlgh

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:41 am

Dont know the company but this site says they will be in stock on 30 OCT 09! (here's to hoping! :wink:

http://legendshobbies.com/catalog/produ ... pbfjnj2t63

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 7:50 am

Badcat now says it will be in November.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:37 pm

MilitaryToyShop.com says 31 OCT 09, so looks like we're really close! :-)

Baker707
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Baker707 » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:21 pm

lol, Great halloween candy 8)
French canadian! :P
[url=http://img7.imageshack.us/i/baker707bannirezp4.png/][img]http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/6660/baker707bannirezp4.png[/img][/url]

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:29 am

sledgehammer wrote:The pics I am seeing are simply stunning, but they could be diecast too. I think 21st did this a few times. Never the less this jet is going to be a cut above everything else, I just have that feeling. Can't wait.
This is the real deal, there is a stencil on the front landing gear. and it looks like the unpainted one they showed us back in June.
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

dragon53

Post by dragon53 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:20 am

Badcat blog update on JSI F-14:

We here at Bad Cat Toys are just as excited as everyone else about the upcoming 1:18 F-14 by JSI. We will be receiving ONE, (1), UNO shipment from China. Just one container and that will be it. Containers are expensive to transport and fill with product. One is all we're buying. A glance at our records shows this container is now 85% SOLD! We will continue to sell until this unit is 100% gone. Then keep a small waiting list of people ready to pounce on any cancellation or credit card failure. So far this Preorder has been going for 55 days and we have a wait of 30-60 days or so more before delivery. So do the math if you're sitting on the fence.

Notice also the retailers who are and, more importantly, those who are not carrying this 1:18 airplane. None of the big box retailers are involved in the 1:18 Tomcat. Big Internet retailers like MD, FM, and HS are also not showing this plane on their pages. That means that once we sell out, the sell out process will begin to accelerate quickly. Smaller firms will then go through any remaining stock in minutes, and poof--all gone. We notice this domino effect with lesser products all the time.

We had calls from several customers just today telling us they're interested in the big Tomcat but didn't "believe" in Preordering. We talk to these brave souls all the time. All speak confidently about getting theirs once the shipment arrives. All have a lecture about the weak economy, supply and demand, and "the customer is always right" ready to deliver to one of our staff. When I worked for the man, I sold Commodore 64s in 1980, then Cabbage Patch dolls back in 1981 and 1982. I've seen the face of profound disappointment, looked it in the eye, and shrugged, "sorry". This is going to happen again, folks!!

If you Preordered yours, life is good, done deal, just please be patient. But imagine these non-ordering callers trying to find one just as the Christmas mayhem is in full stride. I know I sound like a stuck record (does anyone remember what a stuck record sounds like?) but do yourself a favor and Preorder this plane if you think this is something you'd like to own because they are simply going to be gone. No puffery, no sales pitch, no hype, just buy this airplane if you are so inclined and the budget allows. After looking at previous JSI work, I'm 100% confident this plastic model airplane will be the best of the best.

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:31 am

Thanks for the news :D
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:49 am

I sometimes wonder whether Badcat tries to fan the flames, but there is accuracy to their blog post in that the JSI F-14 will be produced in relatively small numbers and probably will go quickly. I've got one on preorder at Aikens, but will get one from my local Hobbytown store if they show up there before Aikens gets in their planes. The F-14s will not dry up overnight, so someone who waits to order until they become available will probably still be able to find one.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:02 am

agreed.....at $200 a pop they're not going to vanish quickly. And there's no way JSI just made a tiny number of them. They'll be around for re-order and re-re-order for months. And if they're selling sooo well then why one earth woudnt' badcat order another batch?

So, read it with a degree of skepticism.

On top of that, if it is selling as well as badcat claims, they'll be repaints and re-repaints for years to come.

No need to worry.

There'd me more cause for worry if they weren't selling well, because then once they're gone, they're gone and it would also probably kill future plans from JSI.

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:25 am

Can someone tell me who the "Big Etailers" are MD, FM and HS?
:?:
Thanks!