Check out the new 3-3/4" Joes!!!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Morian Miner
Officer - Brigadier General

Check out the new 3-3/4" Joes!!!

Post by Morian Miner » Fri May 06, 2005 12:01 pm

Pictures of the upcoming online Joe figures. Spirit with Freedom and a new Mutt/Junkyard - I'm in heaven!!!

http://www.gijoeclub.com/HasbroDTCsingles.html

http://www.gijoeclub.com/HasbroDTC3packs.html

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Fri May 06, 2005 12:15 pm

YES! another comic 3-pack :D I'm kind of indifferent on the single packs, they look nice but just not quite my thing (not old-school enough I guess :P )

Quixote511
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Idea

Post by Quixote511 » Fri May 06, 2005 1:40 pm

So, to go with some more of the modern items from bbi, has anyone thought of using the less cartooninsh Joes like the new Flint as Irish Republican Army?
Aaron

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Fri May 06, 2005 2:15 pm

Wow - those sure are retro. Its the 1980s all over again! The figures look good and don't have any wierd proportions. Cool!

BTW, did anyone catch the GI Joe Public Service gag on the new episode of Family Guy last Sunday on Fox? It was either Flint or Maj. Falcon and for those of us 25-35 somethings, pretty random and funny!

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri May 06, 2005 5:01 pm

I was at Target the other day and was driven to buy the pack with Scrap Iron, Serpentor, and the force that truly drove me to plunk down $10 on it was Firefly...

Just seeing him there, decked out in his original outfit with original accessories, I remembered the day I got Firefly, opened him up in the car, and lost his backpack's lid.

He is still one of my favorite figures... Favorite Joes of all time. He even had to be a goodguy many times because I just loved the figure so much as a kid. :) It was nice seeing that he still had the remote, the pack w/lid, and the wicked machine gun. Firefly is still Cobra's elite in my book!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Somewhere out there is an '86 Plymouth Caravelle Wagon with a TON of G.I. Joe weapons in the seats.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

digger

you're telling me...

Post by digger » Fri May 06, 2005 5:44 pm

"I've said it before, and I'll say it again... Somewhere out there is an '86 Plymouth Caravelle Wagon with a TON of G.I. Joe weapons in the seats"
:lol: :lol:
My dad had the big domestic wagon and I lost my share of stuff to impatience too :lol:
...and I still know there is a spot on Atlantic Beach with two original RAH Joes buried in the sand.... :? :roll:

Hollywoodkbl
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Hollywoodkbl » Fri May 06, 2005 5:53 pm

Never got back into the line after I sold my whole collection off a few years back...well , almost my whole collection.. I could never stand to part with my Skystriker or USS FLAGG. Aside from those 2 pieces, the rest is gone. I don't think the new ones are as cool as those first 8 figures we had in 1982.
"It's not the years...it's the mileage"

DocTodd
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by DocTodd » Fri May 06, 2005 7:34 pm

The Cobra Viper is fairly cool and could make for some good customs.
Todd

steelbonnet
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by steelbonnet » Sat May 07, 2005 2:23 am

Well the figures look great for fodder & there`s some new (hopefully accurate) weapons too :D :-

HK UMP looks like 9 or 10mm version(Crimson Guard),
FN 2000 (Mutt),
New shotties (major barrage).

Couldn`t work out the others.

SB

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Sat May 07, 2005 1:34 pm

The new figures are a mix of really great quality and some crap. It's not all bad though by any means. They madea Cobra Doctor that was pretty cool, and now those Cobra field medics reuse some of his parts. The new Snake Eyes looks sharp, and they did a great Stormshadow (not counting his mail-away fig). The last Scarlet was great too, a fantastic figure, and that new female figure of "Bombshell" was very well done.

I have "Clubin'" Destro and he's one of my favorite figures too... There's good stuff, it just gets cluttered up with the weird stuff like the Scorpion Viper guy, or whatever. Take the good with the bad I guess.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Sun May 08, 2005 10:44 pm

I really liked the female October guard soldier, especially once I fixed the head so the hat sat much lower, and not off to the side. The weapons have also improved lately - no so ghastly oversized that they look like hooey.

There's still the hope that one day we get more "realistic" looks, in line with the figures and vehicles from 82-83. Based on the new Humvee, I'd love to see some improved artillery pieces like the FLAK and mountain howitzer. We know no one else will be putting out an artillery. :?

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon May 09, 2005 9:21 am

They did make this rather nice piece a few months ago: the VAMP and Twin Gun platform. It was limited to TRU (and I should have picked one up) but it is some sort of heavy weaponry for the Joes that at least looked realistic.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Mon May 09, 2005 9:56 pm

I like the vehicle. Looks like a dune buggy with machine guns.