IJ temple of Doom at discounters?

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

IJ temple of Doom at discounters?

Post by flayrah » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:44 pm

Has anyone found ToD figures at Big Lots; TJ Max; Marshalls etc? There are quite a few showing up on e-bay, mostly Indy and Temple Guards, and from all over the country - not enough for the sellers to be posting extras from cartons, too many for them to be unusual. Anyone found them in your searches? Needless to say I've found nada.

Jesse James
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Jesse James » Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:24 pm

Some were found at Big Lots, but that was the only report I ever heard and that was a long time back now. I've heard nothing locally and none of my stores have any IJ stuff at them now (Any of the ones you listed). That stuff all came and went fairly quickly.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:47 pm

Fry's grocery stores had them before Christmas. Pretty much half case of new figs, half case of old repacks. On occasion, at random stores in certain neighborhoods, you can occasionally find a Temple Guard hiding on a toy shelf.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

scwarlord
Corporal
Corporal

Post by scwarlord » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:27 am

Tuesday Morning had a case or more of IJ figures. They were a combination of figures from the Raiders, Crusade, and the Crystal Skull.

Marshall's and TJ Maxx's have the KCS mountain temple playsets for $12.99. They include 2 IJ figures. Also, there are still some vehicles showing up on the shelves.

No sightings at Big Lots. We usually get the best selection because the corporate headquarters is here in Columbus.

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:51 pm

Hmmm a bit of a mystery. Many of the e-bay sellers have only one or two available, and some even describe the packaging as 'shelfworn'. So these are showing somewhere, maybe the grocery stores.