21C News

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Mon May 09, 2005 5:20 am

Hauptmanv - welcome to the board, and it shows I should read daily as opposed to every other day. I actually stopped in the Walmart off 198 (right outside Meade) yesterday and indeed, they had quite a nice selection, of which I took took full sets of the BoB figs and Marines, as well as some of the playsets. I already have the same vehicles in depth, that they had on the shelves, although I didn't see the M48. As mentioned, I checked 8 different WM's in my AO this past weekend, and this is the only one (which by the way, really never stocked XD prior with the exception of a couple a/c after Christmas) that had the new items. I'll be at Quantico this weekend and will be checking the local WM's there to see if this whole near military bases thing holds true. I must say though, that Meade has been considerably sized down and of the posts/installations in our AO, it's rather small in comparison to the others, so I wonder what dictates distribution to WMs surrounding military installation, and whether it's based on size or rather just because it's a military base with a WM close in proximity, they get the items? I think I'll waste 15-20 minutes and email WM corporate HQ and see what the deal is.

thanks again Hauptmanv and welcome aboard.

Edit:
Hauptmanv
In regards to the spits and fw's, you may want to try the Columbia WM off 175 as they "had" a couple spits last week, and they've been there for a while. In regards to the FW's, if you don't mind a roadtrip, I saw a couple at the Frederick WM last weekend and if memory serves me correct, they had been placed in the overstock shelving in the RC aisle.

MightyMustang
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by MightyMustang » Tue May 10, 2005 9:56 am

Hey Hauptmanv welcome to the board. I can tell by your avatar you like the P-47. I need a Spit and a 47 for my collection as well and it looks like BADCAT will get my money because they have plenty in stock right now. Again welcome to the greatest group of guys you would ever want to know.

:D