Last word on the subject.

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
pickelhaube
Officer - Brigadier General

Last word on the subject.

Post by pickelhaube » Fri May 29, 2009 1:57 pm

This is the last word on the subject of my P-36.

Perhaps it was wrong to call Sky works thieves.

Here are the facts.

I was told that my P-36 kit and decals was sent to me. I have yet to recieve them. The cost is between $260 and $300. That is the price of my P-36 kit a 21st P-40 to finish the kit and 3 sets of Jackson's decals.

It has been about 6-7 weeks no P-36.

I called the Post Master here in the New Orleans area. They said that they can't help me because I have no numbers to trace receipt and all.

I told Jack if my my P-36 is lost give me the one you have posted on your web page and we will call it even.

Jack has not returned my e-mails and calls to give me any any info . To try and trace it.

The Lake Orion Police went to Jacks's house today. They said that Jack showed them a receipt showing that he sent the P-36.

It has been about 6-7 weeks no plane.

The police said that it is now out of there hands that it is now a civil matter. Jack is suing me. The police officer did not tell me what for.

I have done everything within my power to retrieve my lost possions.

It has been about 6-7 weeks I have not recieved my P-36 yet. I guess I won't.

These have been the facts with no sugar coating.

If I ever get my plane I will erase everything thing that I posted.

Again these are the facts . This is the last I will speak of the matter.

P-51 or Aferguson. Please feel free to lock , erase or ban me from this forum. If this is out of line in anyway or contributing to the negativety to this board I apologize.

This forum should be fun but because of this matter it has not been fun for me and I need to forget about it and move on with my life.

It has been 6-7 weeks and I have yet to get my P-36. I doubt if I ever will.

Matthew
Last edited by pickelhaube on Fri May 29, 2009 3:02 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Fri May 29, 2009 2:00 pm

Sorry to hear about your problem buddy...I feel for ya.
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

PanzerArm

Shipping Receipt

Post by PanzerArm » Fri May 29, 2009 2:23 pm

The receipt doesn't prove anything, and I can't believe the police didn't come to that conclusion as well. I'm 99% sure that a USPS receipt does not contain the address of the recipient, nor what was in the package. All he had to do was show them some bogus receipt and they just give up like that...wtf?

And it sounds to me like this Jack character is the one that needs to be banned, not PH.

-Kevin

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Re: Last word on the subject.

Post by tankduel » Fri May 29, 2009 2:51 pm

[quote="pickelhaube"]

" Jack is suing me. The police officer did not tell what for."

My guess is, considering the police say he has no case to answer, that he will be suing you for damage to his reputation and demonstrable loss of business as a result of your many postings on this board.
Nev

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Fri May 29, 2009 3:03 pm

Wow, this sucks. I'm a firm believer that this forum is to inform members who can be trusted in doing business with. This should stand until the matter is cleared. I also think if you're shipping a product worth that much you would have more proof than a receipt ... like an insurance document. The USPS is the best form of shipping today, so I doubt it was lost.

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Fri May 29, 2009 3:23 pm

If the guy has enough money to be suing everyone who questions his business practices, my guess is he has enough money to simply make good on the P-36 situation. Therefore, I doubt that anyone is going to get sued.
Corey Stinson
http://smalljoes.com

flyboy_fx

Post by flyboy_fx » Fri May 29, 2009 3:25 pm

This forum should be fun but because of this matter it has not been fun for me and I need to forget about it and move on with my life.

Well im glad you shared this so we know what to expect.

yea im SOOOOO sorry to hear that.

but please do not BAN him

i still want stuff from him :wink: :roll: :D :) :( :cry:

YOU STILLL ROCK PH
:D :mrgreen:

I will NEVER do business with skyworks EVER........

:shock:
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Re: Shipping Receipt

Post by coreystinson » Fri May 29, 2009 3:26 pm

PanzerArm wrote:The receipt doesn't prove anything, and I can't believe the police didn't come to that conclusion as well. I'm 99% sure that a USPS receipt does not contain the address of the recipient, nor what was in the package.
-Kevin
The receipt would show the date, destination zip code, as well as the weight, service, and total cost. This information could be useful in making a reasonable assessment as to what, if anything, was shipped to pickelhaube. I seriously doubt the police were in any position to analyze a receipt in this detail.

Perhaps Jack could scan a copy of the receipt and provide it to back his claim.
Corey Stinson

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Fri May 29, 2009 3:28 pm

Panther F wrote:Wow, this sucks. I'm a firm believer that this forum is to inform members who can be trusted in doing business with. This should stand until the matter is cleared. I also think if you're shipping a product worth that much you would have more proof than a receipt ... like an insurance document.
...or at least a delivery or signature confirmation. Yep, sounds fishy to me. Anyone dealing with shipping high-$ merchandise has more sense than this.
Corey Stinson

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Fri May 29, 2009 3:33 pm

coreystinson wrote:If the guy has enough money to be suing everyone who questions his business practices, my guess is he has enough money to simply make good on the P-36 situation. Therefore, I doubt that anyone is going to get sued.
Amen brother, I think so too. Defamation of character is hard to prove. Not getting product to a customer ... well that's why he should have insurance or just make it good.

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Fri May 29, 2009 3:46 pm

Agreed. If he is shipping something worth a few hundred dollars then spending $1 for a tracking number is a no brainer. If he has a tracking number why is he not sharing it with Pickel, so he can get his package found?

All he is doing is threatening to sue. Threatening Britt, threatening Pickel.....yet he won't simply pick up the phone and return Pickel's many calls or respond to his emails or even come forward with a tracking number which would make everything go away?

If this were a court of law and i was on the jury i'd vote guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

snake

Post by snake » Fri May 29, 2009 4:20 pm

I don't think somebody should be banned from this site for posting a trade advisory.
These are PH's experiences with dealing with SkyWorks.He should be applauded for waiting until there seemed to be no options left to him,and then informing the rest of us of his experience with Skyworks.
Clearly,when one party will not even communicate with the other party,there is something going on.Definately not working towards a solution.
Also,some other members have had less than satisfactory dealings with SkyWorks,which has come to light after Matthew,and Corey aired their problems.
I think that they should both be commended for bringing these serious issues to light.
I sincerely hope that it works out in the end for the both of you guys,but I am not very optimistic.

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Fri May 29, 2009 4:21 pm

Greetings

I have a few comments to make as well.

I first off want to apologize to everyone on here as well as Jack and Skyworks. I feel I may have been too heavy handed with some of my comments toward them. As someone who has a career in the public spotlight (I'm a teacher for those who don't know), I have to be careful what I say, even on this forum. It's the nature of the beast. I do not want to destroy my reputation nor do I have the money to get sued by anyone. On my end, this has gotten too intense for my liking. That is why I will not be posting anything further after this in regards to this situation. I just can't risk anything happening to ruin my professional career.

In my situation, Jack did sent me digital photographs of the recepit from the post office with a tracking number. When my tail did not arrive, they were able to track the package to the post office it went to and where it was apparently delivered. However, my postmaster was unable to find the package past that point. She had hoped it'd be returned to Jack or eventually find its way to me, but it has not. My situation was not Jack's fault, the post office clearly screwed up the situation. This much was admitted to me by the post office. To her credit, my post office called the place where this package apparently went three times, but did not get any assistance from the people at this postal processing center. So this package getting lost was not the fault of Jack and he did nothing wrong in that respect. This was clearly a post office issue. I know Jack did send my package because the confirmation numbers from the recepit in the photograph matched my package, etc. So it was sent and sent to the right address, the post office screwed up, plain and simple.

Jack also did offer to cast a replacement tail, and I hope he is good for his offer. Jack was extremely generous and took responsibilty for the situation. He offered to do it even though it would cost him money. Jack wanted to wait though until he was positive the tail was no longer going to show up. I completely understand this, as Jack casting a tail would cost him time and money. I would react the same way, I wouldn't do something if there was a possiblity the real thing may show up. But the real thing has not shown up, so I assume a replacement will have to be cast.

I know Jack took responsiblity and I'm sure he would do it, I even offered to split half the cost of the replacement. Some people here may not agree with that. Well I feel that no one can be held responsible in this case. I felt that was fair. I know people will think I am wrong and that is ok. People say I'm generous and too nice and too positive, perhaps I am. But I also believe being positive, helpful and trying to understand situations helps get things done. That is the teacher in me I guess. Some of my disappointment came from being impatient, I enjoy having a Thunderbirds F-16 so much I just want it completed. :wink:

I hope everything works out for everyone.

Sincerely,

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

EnemyAce
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Re:

Post by EnemyAce » Fri May 29, 2009 4:35 pm

People actually ship $200+ worth of stuff without insurance? Seriously?

If you didn't insist on that as well as tracking, then you are at least 50% responsible for the bed you're in.

killoff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by killoff » Fri May 29, 2009 5:26 pm

bottom line is No one will do business w/ Skyworks. Karma is a b#$ch ! I hope you get your plane back.

Coreyeagle48

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Fri May 29, 2009 6:01 pm

Greetings:

An update to my situation:

Jack has been in email contact with me. He is willing to do the tailpiece but it will take him time to complete. Apparently, he's been trying to contact me but I have not been getting some of his email messages. I believe this to be true, as I found two messages from Jack in my Spam Folder of my email inbox.

I give credit to Jack for being willing to write me back and still be willing to do the replacement given what has happened on this forum. I'm not sure if I were in his position I would. I thank Jack for being willing to still fix this issue. I will post a positive comment when I get the completed tailpiece.

Corey
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri May 29, 2009 6:45 pm

I'm just wondering why Jack is being cooperative with only Coreyeagle and not PH. :?:

coreystinson
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by coreystinson » Fri May 29, 2009 8:00 pm

aferguson wrote: All he is doing is threatening to sue. Threatening Britt, threatening Pickel.....
Bah. These threats to sue are just bullsh*t that you can all ignore - bullying retaliation to get you to guys to stop complaining.
Corey Stinson

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Fri May 29, 2009 11:05 pm

Throughout this entire situation, what I have found extraordinary is the lack of any posts, information, or defense from Skyworks. PH has always been upfront and above board, and I believe his side of the story - but I can't even consider Skyworks' position because he's never posted anything in reply or explanation (unless I've missed it somewhere). I don't know what to make of his silence.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Fri May 29, 2009 11:11 pm

flayrah wrote:Throughout this entire situation, what I have found extraordinary is the lack of any posts, information, or defense from Skyworks. PH has always been upfront and above board, and I believe his side of the story - but I can't even consider Skyworks' position because he's never posted anything in reply or explanation (unless I've missed it somewhere). I don't know what to make of his silence.
I totally agree
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat May 30, 2009 3:28 am

he hasn't responded because, as he says, he 'feels he shouldn't have to'.

Make of that what you will. I know how i interpret it...
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

MG-42

* Skyworks Deal

Post by MG-42 » Sat May 30, 2009 5:53 am

* Where'd you get that quote Andrew ?

......... this has got to be one of the biggest scams on the history of this board ,.. or @ least since I've been a member.

- Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

norman888
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by norman888 » Sat May 30, 2009 6:53 am

While I also have much respect for PH, a forum such as this is not the best place to air greivances such as this. PH feels he has been wronged but there are always two sides to a story. All we have starting up here is some sort of "Mob" mentality. Maybe one post about this, but constantly upping the ante and questioning the guys ethics is a bit too far. Venting and ripping on the guy and then saying "sorry I didn't mean it" just isn't very cool.

If I had the police show up at my door saying someone did not get a package that I sent...well I don't know how I would react knowing that I was not guilty :evil:

I have dealt with both PH and Jack and have enjoyed their products immensely.

Let this be a lesson to NEVER send anything of great value via USPS. Only choose a service where there is true tracking going on. I learned the hard way from years of Ebaying! I've had a package sent express mail, with insurance and tracking, that took 8 months to deliver 3 states away.

DropTank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by DropTank » Sat May 30, 2009 7:13 am

Great hobby with great folks here on this board. I sincerely hope in the end this works out well for all involved. I am keeping the faith it does.

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Sun May 31, 2009 8:00 am

Depending on how PH paid (credit card, paypal) he may have a case to file a claim for non-receipt of the item(s) in question. Just because the guy from Skyworks has a receipt showing he shipped it, that's not the same as proof of delivery, I know for sure PP won't accept a cash register receipt for postage as proof of delivery, he would have to at least show a delivery confirmation number indicating it had been delivered, or an UPS tracking number etc. I'm pretty sure credit card companies operate in a similar fashion, if someone files a claim for non-receipt the seller is going to have show proof that the goods were in fact delivered, a cash register receipt for postage won't do it.
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"