Online Store Question

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Buckyroo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Online Store Question

Post by Buckyroo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:56 am

Is Toys N Swords a real shop or is their website just left out floating free on the web like some of the others we have come across? Please let me know.

Kris

Dauntless
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Dauntless » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:55 pm

Good question. I ordered something from them and no charge, no nothing. When I saw what they claimed to have in stock, I freaked.
By all indicators my impression is they are bogus.
I even tried calling their number, busy signal.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

Grilledcheese
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

Post by Grilledcheese » Sun Apr 12, 2009 3:40 pm

I ordered a few things from them years ago---a couple of 1/6 figs for an amount I don't recall and a 1/18 Spitfire for 45 bucks plus shipping, so that should tell you how long ago it was. Smooth transaction as I recall, about a week to get the goods. I was just really excited to finally get a Spitfire. I still check out the site from time to time, but that's about it.

Jeffrey
Now I have a machine gun (SPACE GUN!). Ho ho ho.

vulgarvulture
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by vulgarvulture » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:45 pm

All I can say is proceed with extreme caution. Buyer beware.

YT

Post by YT » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:01 pm

Very timely subject, I placed an order last week and received an automated confirmation, but that was it. No communication since then, I had my doubts, some of the items were a little on the rare side. I had no idea how many ghost sites there were sailing around the internet until I got into 1/18 stuff!

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:01 pm

I purchased a couple 1/6 items through them a couple years ago and had no problems. However, they don't seem to be particularly gifted at the art of website maintenance (nor do they have the slightest grasp of the English language, but that's another issue). All I can say is don't hold your breath if it is something that is out of stock everywhere else, because odds are good, they are out of it too.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:13 pm

i got a great deal on a bbi hellcat from them last year. No problems at all, although it did take a long time for my credit card to be charged, iirc. But after that the item came in a timely fashion and was in tip top shape.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

[CAT]CplSlade

Post by [CAT]CplSlade » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:28 pm

No, their's is a problem of web site maintenance. I actually spoke to someone there when I called to inquire about the Cold Steel Jagdpanther, and he informed me that another company handles the site and I'm guessing no one is concerned about upkeep.

Obviously they aren't paying much for the site if they don't care how F'ed up it is. They must make all their money on the other crap they sell, because I know as someone who got all excited seeing a bunch of 32x Cold Steel priced at $16.99 (that really hadn't been in stock for a couple of years) that I don't return to a company that is so inept at that level of customer service and respect.

YT

Post by YT » Sun May 03, 2009 2:11 pm

I never received my order or a response to my follow on email inquiries, I would sat the site is dead.