Temporary display area

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Temporary display area

Post by aferguson » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:12 pm

In my ongoing efforts to cram more and bigger planes into my home, i've designated a couple of areas as 'temporary display areas'. Nothing very revolutionary, just two decent size spaces in my place that i could set up a huge plane...but only for a while as it would be in the way of normal movement, doors etc. So the idea is that i set it up for a few hours and then take it apart and tuck it away for another day's play.

The advantage is that i could hang some huge planes, if i had them. I'm talking a b-52, or a Russian Tupolev Bear etc. The way things are going, i think one day these planes will be available in r/c kit form....There are already kits that are as big or bigger than a 1/18 b-52...so it may just be a matter of time.

It's ironic, but because of the ability to use r/c planes in this hobby, i am of the opinion that there is actually better variety in 1/18 scale then there is in 1/32. How many 1/32 bombers are there? I can think of 2...the corgi mosquito and the revell ju-88. And r/c planes won't fill the void in 1/32 because they'd be too small to fly well.....so they tend to be a lot larger than 1/32 and sometimes, by coincidence are 1/18 scale.

I've been able to get a lancaster, b-17, b-24, catalina and b-25 and fully expect to see more in the years ahead. Certainly a b-29 at some point and maybe, as i said above, some real whoppers, like a b-52. And thanks to my temporary display area, i'll be able to get it and enjoy it in all of it's 10 foot span glory.

I'm amazed how creative with space i've become as a result of this hobby.....shows what desire will do for you. I already have more than i ever dreamed would be possible and still have room to spare..
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

FieroDude
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by FieroDude » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:22 pm

What Andrew hasn't pointed out is that he lives in an abandoned aircraft factory manufacturing hanger that covers 5 football fields :D

So the fact that he is starting to worry about space is a truly disturbing development :shock:
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:24 pm

actually i live in a batchelor apartment that has the toilet in the kitchen..

:lol:
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:29 pm

aferguson wrote:actually i live in a batchelor apartment that has the toilet in the kitchen..

How convenient. Is it in front of the refrigerator? Just move the TV in there and you have it made!
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"

warhawker
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by warhawker » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:09 am

aferguson wrote:actually i live in a batchelor apartment that has the toilet in the kitchen..

Well, that explains a lot! Room is everything!

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:47 am

Aaaahh, I miss those days as a bachelor. :shock: Even the living arrangements were perfect. Except for the extra space and the garage (which I constantly have to clean out the rat pack the others gather) it was mine, all mine. :lol: