To Buy(more) or Not To Buy

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

To Buy(more) or Not To Buy

Post by pcoughran » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:51 pm

After the latest Monkey Depot Blitzkrieg, I just received a 20% off coupon for TRU and they happen to have had a couple Rudel Stukas on the shelf a few days ago.
Since I don't have a Stuka in the collection yet, do I get one at about $36 with the coupon discount? It is really tempting and I'm guessing with 21st Cent. in limbo right now this may be the best chance to snag a good deal on one.
Of course, I know most of you that would read this will say buy it so don't really know why I'm asking.
"Where's dat waskily wabbit?"

flyboy_fx
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by flyboy_fx » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:03 pm

BUY IT, then give it to me :wink:
problem solved :wink: :lol:
Last edited by flyboy_fx on Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

pickelhaube

Re: To Buy(more) or Not To Buy

Post by pickelhaube » Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:04 pm

pcoughran wrote:After the latest Monkey Depot Blitzkrieg, I just received a 20% off coupon for TRU and they happen to have had a couple Rudel Stukas on the shelf a few days ago.
Since I don't have a Stuka in the collection yet, do I get one at about $36 with the coupon discount? It is really tempting and I'm guessing with 21st Cent. in limbo right now this may be the best chance to snag a good deal on one.
Of course, I know most of you that would read this will say buy it so don't really know why I'm asking.
Well I asked MD about this and they said don't know / no that they were going to get.. I say get one and put a couple of these on it :wink:

Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:57 am

pickelhaube wrote:
pcoughran wrote:After the latest Monkey Depot Blitzkrieg, I just received a 20% off coupon for TRU and they happen to have had a couple Rudel Stukas on the shelf a few days ago.
Well I asked MD about this and they said don't know / no that they were going to get.. I say get one and put a couple of these on it :wink:

Pickelhaube,
Promises, promises. I'm still anxiously awaiting my mini-guns, fuel probe, and radomes for the pavehawk! Just kidding. Do you have these cannons for the Stuka already available? How much and how do I go about getting a couple? They look fantastic as I'm sure you've already been told.
Phil

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:04 am

pickelhaube wrote:

Ya know, if a "crash" hadn't shattered the front windshield and rendered my Stuka completely useless i'd be inquiring about a set of those 3.7s right about now.
I Tan I Epi Tas

CENT-ONE
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by CENT-ONE » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:36 am

Yeah, buy one. If there's one thing I've learned from this hobby it's that you should always buy something when you see it or you'll kick yourself later.
Good Trader List
-Digger -Razor -Mowmaw -Flayrah -ThreeToughTrucks -jlspec -KWR190 -CW4USARMY -vmf214 -bravo5 -holensock -cranedriver -billgiff -Rowsdower -tparkhere

pcsguy88
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by pcsguy88 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:41 am

I ran out and bought the last one in my area after the md frenzy hit. I returned it the next day. What a piece of crap. The Stuka is in my top 3 planes of wwii, but the quality would not allow me to keep it. I might pay $20 shipped for one. The plastic is like those rc car tops. You can almost touch finger tips together if you squeeze the wing and it feels like it is going to split. I want a rigid plane, not a $10 glider kit. I'm surprised the wings don't dent when you stand a figure on them. Such a shame. Anyone here know why they went cheap on this model?
[url=http://www.fighting118th.com]Fighting118th:[/url] Joe Deserves Better!

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:48 am

Well, it is one of their older molds.
I Tan I Epi Tas

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:17 am

Pcoughran,
I am waiting for the interest to come back to the Pavehawk custom. Monkey D took everybodies money away.

Ta-152 ,
I have front wind shields for the Stuka which one do you have ? If not I did make av " D " conversion custom kit. Pm me

Pcsguy88,
I have almost every Stuka variant they made except the DAK prototype. They are all hard tough plastic. I have 2 Rudels and they are as tough as the others.

I like the Rudel very much that is what made me do the cannons.

I am still making them. They go for $45 a set. Just PM me.

olifant

Post by olifant » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:19 am

Buy it immediately. If you don't they will be gone and you will go to your grave regretting that you are without a Stuka. :wink:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:23 am

olifant wrote:Buy it immediately. If you don't they will be gone and you will go to your grave regretting that you are without a Stuka. :wink:
This.

If nothing else it's impressively large, plus it's a Stuka, dammit.
I Tan I Epi Tas

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:48 am

I'll be 5 minutes away from TRU tonight with no wife along(he,he) so consider it a done deal if there are still some on the shelf.

PH, I'll be contacting you (PM) about the cannons. Also, guess I can only wait on the pavehawk customs? I think the pavehawk threads already have enough "sexy" pictures with all the accoutrements - would posting more and bumping them up gen up interest?
Phil

Kleinesoldaten
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Kleinesoldaten » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:17 am

Good luck Pcoughran on your mission W/O the wife. Igot a M1 Abrams 2 days ago because of free travel W/O the wife. I know what you're going through :D .

Tinman

Post by Tinman » Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:58 pm

pcoughran wrote:I'll be 5 minutes away from TRU tonight with no wife along(he,he) so consider it a done deal if there are still some on the shelf.
Phil

Did you get it? My S1 Stuka remains my favorite XD plane. You won't be disappointed.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:03 pm

I happen to have a flying pig Stuka that is "damaged" (mostly cockpit damage but the props also need glued on) that I'd sell for cheap. It's almost complete... I believe the tail gun is missing to it, and perhaps a seat, but I'm not positive ont hat as I've had this in storage for a while. If someone's wanting a Stuka as a base to upgrade with PH's stuff, PM me... I'd probably let it go easy enough.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Fri Feb 27, 2009 8:00 am

Jesse James wrote:I happen to have a flying pig Stuka that is "damaged" (mostly cockpit damage but the props also need glued on) that I'd sell for cheap. It's almost complete... I believe the tail gun is missing to it, and perhaps a seat, but I'm not positive ont hat as I've had this in storage for a while. If someone's wanting a Stuka as a base to upgrade with PH's stuff, PM me... I'd probably let it go easy enough.
If nobody else wants it I will take it :wink:

pcoughran
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by pcoughran » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:03 am

I got the Rudel Stuka on Wednesday. It is very nice (from looking thru the box window). I haven't opened it up yet and may not as I don't currently have a display location (#@$## Monkey Depot!).
My coupon was actually no valid for 2 more days (was so excited I didn't even look at the dates) so they said to save the receipt and bring it back with the coupon when it is valid (today) and they'll take the $8 off.
It's a good thing they don't have any other 1/18 on the shelf or it might give me an excuse to get that with the coupon instead!
Thanks for all those in this thread "feeding the addiction."
Phil

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 10:18 am

You won't regret getting the Rudel. I also picked up one with a TRU coupon several months ago. They were a great deal. Now if MD got a hold of them I think you'd get an even better deal. :wink: