Indiana Jones at BigLots

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
acisne
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Indiana Jones at BigLots

Post by acisne » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:35 am

I had some time to kill between work and a meeting at church so I stopped at BL.
They had the singles for $3 and $4. I spotted Sr., Elsa, Vogel and Knights. (
The dual pack and the horse/bike packs were $6 and the vehicles (jungle cutter, staff car, cloth top truck) were $10.
They had some other assorted items, but since they are not 1/18 scale, I did not check them out.

Happy Hunting!

pcb122605
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by pcb122605 » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:51 pm

I wonder if they will get the Temple of Doom wave. I have to think there are plenty of cases of it out there that nver made it to retail.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

How many?

Post by dandaman » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:11 pm

About how many Vogels are you seeing per BigLot store?

acisne
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by acisne » Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:43 pm

I only stopped at one store and I think that they had two.
Funny that there were no Mutts like WM, but there were tons of Indy with the German machine gun

tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by tmanthegreat » Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:52 pm

Hmm... This reminds me of the 1980s when I recall seeing original Star Wars figures at Big Lots (then called Pick N Save). I'll have to check my local stores to see what I can find. I'm in need of another motorcycle :wink:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:25 pm

2 BL had no Indy items. A third one a complete set of last crusade with a couple doubles and a few raiders of lost ark, $4 each. Deluxe packs were $6. Vehicles were $10

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:47 pm

pcb122605 wrote:I wonder if they will get the Temple of Doom wave. I have to think there are plenty of cases of it out there that nver made it to retail.
I wouldn't count on that... Hasbro themselves told collectors in the Q&A to order cases online if they saw pre-orders available, and that this wave would be easily the most difficult to find. I've heard some made it to Big Lots, but not much. Some made it to Canada, and barely any made it in the U.S. to normal retail outlets... Not a good sign of these being easy finds for anyone. A Canuckle friend got me a full set and a couple extras of a couple characters.

I would like some more THuggees and duplicates of MOla Rahm and Indy... Indy's the best Indy of the line IMO. Really this was the best wave of the line too, a real shame as the next wave looked even better. *sigh*

I noticed the normal TLC case ratio at my local Big Lots... There was a couple Indy repacks in that wave, RPG Indy being one, and so that's why you're seeing him. Tie Indy was part of the TLC wave obviously so he makes sense. They appear to put out one case per store from what I've seen posted... Same with vehicles. I've only heard one report of TOD figures showing up though. :x
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

zonetoys
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by zonetoys » Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:36 pm

I checked four BL today, two had nothing, one had 3 Trucks 4 Cutters some single and dual packs of figures but no TOD! I did notice they had quite a few of the Young Indys and only one Henry Jones. Several knights and one Vogel. The other BL had Indy w/horse, Temple Trap, and Temple Pitfall. Probably five Cutters a couple of Trucks and no single packs of figures! No TOD or Troop Cars anywhere. Prices were same as previous posts.
"A Sherman can give you a very nice... edge." -Oddball - "Kelly's Heros"

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:05 pm

At least one of my local BL stores had the Indy figures in 8) They were all fresh out of the case. The figures were mostly from "the Last Crusade" wave. They also had the Mutt Williams on the motorcycle - which I never saw at my local retail stores. No German bikes, though, and I'm in need of one for a custom project.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:25 pm

Checked out one BL in KY and one in IN and did not find a hint of anything Indy! :x
I will be checking OH BLs in the next few days... Maybe I will run across something.

I still have a source for the German Indy Figure on Motorcycle.
If you need one, pm me...
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

evilanimation
Sergeant
Sergeant

Got 2 Cargo trucks!!

Post by evilanimation » Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:02 pm

They had lots of figures, but i passed except for the ciro thug 2 packs going to use them for my modern diorama as iraq terrorists. whoooooooo....

Morian Miner

Post by Morian Miner » Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:11 pm

For those looking for the TOD assortment, before Christmas these were showing up at Fry's grocery stores (think they are call Kroger's elsewhere). Mola, Short Round, and the lady are long gone, but occasionally I still see the other two on the shelves. If you are still looking for that assortment, and have one of these grocery stores nearby, its worth a shot.
Sometimes, the mind needs a shovel, rather than a pencil and paper, to express itself.

trigger1
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by trigger1 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:44 pm

tmanthegreat wrote:At least one of my local BL stores had the Indy figures in 8) They were all fresh out of the case. The figures were mostly from "the Last Crusade" wave. They also had the Mutt Williams on the motorcycle - which I never saw at my local retail stores. No German bikes, though, and I'm in need of one for a custom project.
If Razors source runs dry...
I happened across the german w/motorcycle on WM website for 9.98 each a few days ago with free site to store shipping.They are gone for now but seem to pop up from time to time.
B/S/T Contacts:holensock,billgiff,Razor17019,KWR190,ostketten,kevrut,ram04 etc...

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:27 pm

BL reminds me WM as their distribution system is a MYSTERY...
The same BL I looked at on Sunday, just now got a shipment of IJ figs and trucks/cutters.
Very cool!

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:43 pm

I hit a 2nd BL tonight and they had a TON of stuff. At least 4 cases opened up at this store, mostly TLC figures... They had almost all the deluxe available save for 3 sets, so I got Cairo Thugs and German Soldier 2-packs. I got another soft top truck and left one behind... They also had the die-cast vehicles at this store as well if any of you were into those.

My one German soldier broke at, seriously, 3 joints. Both knees and one elbow broke. Terrible. :) Thank god I needed one for an Indy German custom.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Sigh.

Post by dandaman » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:26 pm

I went to my local BigLots and they didn't have jack!

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:22 pm

I know I should put this in the BST section, but I need an elsa fig. Can somebody please help me out??? Pleeeaaassseee. :D
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:47 pm

If I'm by again I'll look for you tosborne. I saw several, so hopefully one will be there when I can get back out again.

evilanimation
Sergeant
Sergeant

Got 3 more Cargo trucks

Post by evilanimation » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:45 pm

5 total!!!
I'm so broke.

olifant

Post by olifant » Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:59 am

Nada yet in the GNW. :evil:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

tosborne3
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by tosborne3 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:01 pm

Jesse James wrote:If I'm by again I'll look for you tosborne. I saw several, so hopefully one will be there when I can get back out again.
Cool, thanks, even if you don't see any. I appreciate it. 8)
"There are old pilots, and there are bold pilots, but there are very few old bold pilots."V.I.N.C.E.N.T. (Tbh)

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

My BigLots Experience

Post by dandaman » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:22 am

I went to another BigLots today. They had the Indy TLC wave. Well, some of them anyways. They had a TON of the young Indy, a couple Indy with MG, and one professor Jones. No Elsa, Vogel, or grail knight. The pegs were obviously picked over.

I also saw the Indy w/horse for $6 and I passed on that even though I still need it. Lots of German and Cairo Thug 2-packs.

I was kinda disappointed.

Tambo
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by Tambo » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:00 pm

I found another soft top truck today along with the entire wave of Last Crusade figures...picked up another Vogel and the Truck. I can not pass on a truck for $10

If someone finds the Temple of Doom figures I'd love to get a set of those.
Good trades: C00per, pcb122605, digger, vulgarvulture X2, General Blasto X2, Light.Inf.Scout, V2 Man, Sentinel, xddave, grunt1

[img]http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/230/230828/folders/190465/2439227TAMBOSIGsmall.JPG[/img]

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:42 pm

I too found a cloth Indy Truck today for 10.00
They had the Russian "Jungle Cutter" thing for 10.00 also.

I stood there in the BL staring at the "jungle cutter" and trying to imagine what I could convert it to? :?

Has anyone gotten one of these and converted it to something else?

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:46 pm

Went to biglots today. I got there right when they were putting out the indy stuff.

They got 3 cases of vehicles. 2 troop cars 2 trucks 2 jungle cutters.

1 case of figures. 1 vogel, 1 elsa, 2 dr. jones, 3 grail knight

i didn't count the rest.

The deluxe figures they got 1 case. there was no german with
motorcycle. and the mutt with motorcycle theres only one in the case.

The girl stocking was the store manager i asked her if all the stores were
getting the same shipment and she said yes.

I wonder why theres no german with motorcycle in the shipment?
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.