new pte items available online,pte ifv review and pics

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
zhukov
Corporal
Corporal

new pte items available online,pte ifv review and pics

Post by zhukov » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:17 pm

all the new, plus some old, pte items are available from:

http://www.mklmodels.co.uk/peacekeepers ... -393-c.asp

they ship everywhere, you see the shipping info listed in a link on their page. you can email them and ask for us dollar cost including shipping for a quote before you order they said.

they answer emails quickly and fully, and ship quickly too.

for the review of the infantry fighting vehicle:

the vehicle is bigger than it seems from pics i saw online, and is very cool. it is in the usual pte plastic. the paint scheme is pretty cool too. the moving parts are: the propellers at the rear of the vehicle, the trim vane at the front of the vehicle, four hatches at the rear top of the vehicle and the two at the front top of the vehicle, the gun, the turret, the wheels, the side compartment at the side of the turret, and the spade and axe at the rear come off.

unfortunately the rear door doesnt open, and there is not a driver compartment. the turret goes through 360 degrees, and the gun holds in any position you put it in, and it clicks as you move it up or down.

the size of the vehicle is a cool feature, if you can call it that, and it looks spot on for the scale. it is 5 inches to the top of the chassis, and measures 15 inches in length. the turret is just under 2.5 inches tall, and the gun is 6.1 inches long.

the vehicle has cool features, as described above, and actually looks the part. when i saw it online my first thought was to make it bigger, like the btr 80, but i am very happy with its size. the only changes ill make to my ifv's is to paint the vision blocks, use the turret side compartment as an ammo box by adding an ammo belt from the open hatch to the side of the main gun, and to paint the side gun a gun metal or black. i would definately recommend the vehicle, and so far it is my favourite pte vehicle, but then again the new jet, new helicopter and new tank have not arrived yet, though ive ordered them....ill add those reviews when i get the items, and pics.

here are the pics ( the tanks there are the trumpeter 1/20 type 98s i kept as out of )the box builds:

http://s576.photobucket.com/albums/ss202/zhukov_photos/

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:38 pm

Thanks for the pics and review :D
Any chance you can post the 12 digit number under the barcode? It would help me track one down here :(
Thanks
Nev

zhukov
Corporal
Corporal

Post by zhukov » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:40 pm

0 18859 77039 5, but the etailer whose link i posted has them in stock.

tankduel
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by tankduel » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:44 pm

Thanks Zhukov
Nev

zhukov
Corporal
Corporal

Post by zhukov » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:47 pm

no worries. lmk if you need more info or pics. is there any news on the 1/16 t-55a coming out?

Booga
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Booga » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:02 pm

Good review, it sucks that the rear hatch doesn't open. is this supposed to be based on a real vehicle? Looking foward to seeing the other vehicles.

zhukov
Corporal
Corporal

Post by zhukov » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:08 pm

yeah, its the zsl 92 :

http://www.sinodefence.com/army/armour/zsl92.asp

it would have been cooler with an opening rear hatch, but i dont really mind too much, its a little different to have the roof hatches open. i might customise one with the rear door opening, but im not sure about that yet.

olifant
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by olifant » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:13 pm

Thanks for the pics Zhukov. These look great but I think I will wait until they hit stateside.

Not 21C quality but we can't be picky these days, can we? :wink:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

olifant

Post by olifant » Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:14 pm

Damned Dreaded Double Posts... :roll:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:35 pm

wow.....if anything this thing is over scale...pretty rare for pte.

It looks just like the chinese apc except for the weird fender thingys between the wheels. Very strange they'd put those in.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:42 pm

Cool!!! Taking those measurements you gave and converting the specifications given on the ZSL92 website, this thing is pretty much right on scale for 1/18.

Definitely have to get a few of these. Thank you for posting the pictures.

Hopefully that Type 98 tank will be to scale as well.
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Still waiting and wishing for a 1/18 A-10 Warthog.

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:05 pm

I'd love a couple to custom up maybe if they come to the U.S.

This year's PTE haul at Big Lots was dismal though, and so I'm not so sure I'd count on all this stuff arriving in any quantity at all. Big Lots was a let-down in all areas for most people this year. Sure I saved cash, but... I was pretty bummed out. :(
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:28 pm

aferguson wrote: It looks just like the chinese apc except for the weird fender thingys between the wheels. Very strange they'd put those in.

Aferg, here's a better picture of the ZSL92. It looks like the fenders are there between the wheels, if that is what you are refering to. It's hard to see due to the camo pattern.

If you add the height of the turret to the height of the chasis in Zukhov's measurements, you get 7.5". Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you convert the measurements of a real ZSL92 from the Sino website to 1/18 scale, you end up with roughly 7". The length roughly converts close to what Zukhov's measurements are too.

Has PTE finaly got one right for the most part?..... :)
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

C130IM
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by C130IM » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:55 pm

That looks great! Definitely see some custom work. Have to work on one so that the rear door will open.

Zhukov, I contacted them and one of the reps said they could not provide a quote in US dollars. Maybe she misunderstood. But, I have a link to a live currency converter which will give you all a good idea how much will cost in US dollars.

I'm hoping to get these vehicles! I'm glad to see that my Trumpeter 1/20 scale tanks are still relatively close in size.

Chad

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:07 pm

maybe it's just the wheels are more recessed on the pte model than on the real thing. Something doesn't look quite right.

I'm also not exactly sure what to do with it either. It's not russian nor does it look close to anything russian. I have no chinese soldiers. And only sudan, algeria and sri lanka uses them, aside from china.

:?
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:17 pm

Here's another picture.

A website link with more pictures:

http://www.armyrecognition.com/index.ph ... Itemid=112
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

Birddog

Post by Birddog » Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:19 pm

I'm just hoping that the Type 98 tank is as close to scale as this is... :)
Go Ugly Early in 1/18!!

blaster_e11
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by blaster_e11 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:39 am

well

that's good to see there available in England (too bad about the VAT though)

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:38 am

Jesse James wrote:I'd love a couple to custom up maybe if they come to the U.S.

This year's PTE haul at Big Lots was dismal though, and so I'm not so sure I'd count on all this stuff arriving in any quantity at all. Big Lots was a let-down in all areas for most people this year. Sure I saved cash, but... I was pretty bummed out. :(
The BL's here too was DISMAL! One BL close to me had NOTHING this year in PTE, while 2 other's just had a few. It was horrible!
Hope BL will carry this new stuff!!
It looks GREAT!!!! And with 21C not looking good, maybe more bucks will be spent on PTE!

C130IM
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by C130IM » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:09 pm

MKL is easy to work with. I just placed the orders for some IFV's, MBT's and helos!

I'm hoping to get them in by next week! I'm also hoping to get my camera working. I'm going to show some comparison pics with the vehicles I have when I get them in (and new camera).

I got one of the SU-27's from Nev! Thanks Nev for the help in getting one them! Takes some getting used to but overall not bad. I'm going to buy 1 more soon.

Chad

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:12 am

C130IM wrote:MKL is easy to work with. I just placed the orders for some IFV's, MBT's and helos!

I'm hoping to get them in by next week! I'm also hoping to get my camera working. I'm going to show some comparison pics with the vehicles I have when I get them in (and new camera).

I got one of the SU-27's from Nev! Thanks Nev for the help in getting one them! Takes some getting used to but overall not bad. I'm going to buy 1 more soon.

Chad
Was shipping expensive?

C130IM
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by C130IM » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:48 am

Holensock;

Shipping was reasonable in my opinion.

Mine was a large order (20 KG); 6 IFV's, 3 helos, and 4 MBT's. The total shipping came to $118.00 with 10 day delivery to US. Order had to also be broken down and shipped in 2 separate boxes.

It sounds expensive but with the size of order, weight, number of packages its reasonable.

I'm not sure about other shipping options.

Chad

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:10 pm

Not bad at all, Chad!
You got ALOT of stuff too!!
Don't throw away those PTE soldiers!!!
Thanks!

C130IM
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by C130IM » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:31 pm

Holensock;

Yeah I ordered what I could and needed. I have projects I like to work on one problem, like many here know, there are barely any modern adversarial figures or vehicles out there.

I'm going to take one of the IFV's and do some custom work: opening rear hatch, create crew compartment, and seating for driver and rear compartment. Depending how it turns out I'm going to modify the other IFV's.

I don't think I'll throw away the PTE figures.

Chad

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:51 pm

C130IM wrote:Holensock;

Yeah I ordered what I could and needed. I have projects I like to work on one problem, like many here know, there are barely any modern adversarial figures or vehicles out there.

I'm going to take one of the IFV's and do some custom work: opening rear hatch, create crew compartment, and seating for driver and rear compartment. Depending how it turns out I'm going to modify the other IFV's.

I don't think I'll throw away the PTE figures.

Chad
Your projects sound great! Can't wait to see them when you're done.
Glad you're not throwing away the PTE guys. While bland, the articulation on them is very good!!