Railroad modeling in my WWII Diorama Pictures added !!!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Railroad modeling in my WWII Diorama Pictures added !!!

Post by General Blasto » Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:34 pm

I should start off with. "I have no pictures, yet"
I will be experimenting a bit with modeling a little LGB in the background or foreground on part of my diorama. Being that I've picked somewhere in France to do my dio, the Euro style trains would be all that'll fit. Now the other problem is that the LGB is 1/22.5 as our XD figures are 1/18(or larger). So there will have to be some adjustments made ;) I have Aristocraft and USA Trains truck with the wider European style ties, so that'll work. And freight cars shouldn't be too small looking if my Huns are unloading supplies. But the tail - caboose looking car will look small esp. when I try putting a XD figure on the end platforms and he won't fit under the roof :( Sooooo, I guess a couple figures will be getting a leg reduction :twisted: Kinda like making some semi-midgets that will fit.

I just ordered a few LGB freight cars.
Two boxcars and a gondola. Should be enough to get started. I'd like to get some flat cars to put vehicle and perhaps Pk40s on them, but need to find out which flatcar would be appropriate to the era. So I will post more as I progress towards the supply depot and also when the cars arrive and when I have some track down :) Just wanted to start a thread before I forget :oops: :roll:

Da General
Last edited by General Blasto on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

kevrut
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by kevrut » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:37 pm

Try "BUDDY L" trains!

Looking forward to your pics. :P

Kevin.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:21 pm

Buddy L is an American prototype and it wouldn't look right for France.
I have over 70 locos and 500+ frieght cars in G scale, but they are all American prototype :roll:

Da General

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:04 am

something like this for heavier armour/loads.

and the two axle Type Ommr which could do light armour(I have pics of Flakpz Is and Pzkfw.IIIs loaded on them, then you have softskins, Guns and Artillerie, Wagons/Karren, and just Infantrie(for short hauls)

good traders/sellers/buyers
Alloyskull(x2), PanzerArm(x2), Ostketten, Mikeg,tmanthegreat,Coreyeagle48

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:27 am

wouldn't it be better to use 1/20.3 scale railroad stuff? Be a lot more compatible than 1/22.5 which is going to look pretty small.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:46 am

Problem Capt. is there is not any 1/20.3 made(at least that I know of) in the Euro style railroad items, at least here in or imported into the US :? The 1/20.3 made by Bachmann and Accucraft is American narrow gauge prototype, but it still uses the standard 45mm G scale track. I'm sure I can make it all look intresting though ;)

Thanks to Panzer M for the great pictures :P Perhaps I may find(or build) a flatcar or two to haul some armour of vehicles 8)

Da General

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:03 pm

you might be able to pass a US prototype flatcar as a Type SSy if you added bump-stops to it. I had a O gauge lionel flatcar(cheap plastic B&O one) and it had the basic right shape and correct number of axles..but it was a long-shot.

Panzer_M

Post by Panzer_M » Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:08 pm

i got it easy 1/35 railroad items are growing again..I already have several old DML 2 axle flatcars and gondolas..don't have the heavy flatcar..last one I saw was 70.00

and sometime next month an all plastic kit of the Reichbahn WR 360 C12 Locomotive(Diesel) for 56.00 goes to the shelves from Trumpeter.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:59 pm

This LGB plundering is getting $$$$ :shock:
But I do now have 3 Euro boxcars, 2 high sided gondolas, 1 heavy flatcar and a 2-6-2 loco coming :P The loco was a pretty penny to pay :roll: But I have the track, so once the Dio room get ready to go(started moving all my train stuff packed away in there) I will start setting up some track on the dio table, which now has a new 4 foot by 32 inch addition to it 8) This will be intresting to say the least. More later to come ;)

Da General

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Pictures in progress !!!!

Post by General Blasto » Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:39 am

Finally, some building pictures of the dio in progress :P
Take heed, this is nowhere close to being done. Just a basic idea of modeling the supply depot for unload war goods. The loco just arrived today and am looking forward to the next one. More cars are coming as well as the LGB switches that have the "Euro" style lanterns on them. So here is the first pictures of my new dio in the building phase :)
More to come :wink:

Da General

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:32 am

WOW!!! Great looking so far, GB!! What a great collection!!

Razor17019

Re: Pictures in progress !!!!

Post by Razor17019 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:44 am

Looks like the Germans are on the offensive!

General Blasto, is your railroad smuggling XD parts to the front? :wink:

To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin

memaddog
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by memaddog » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:48 am

Very, Very Nice!!!
Good Looking Display! Wish I had more room to display my stuff. Maybe in a couple years when we get our downstairs finished the wife will give me an "Area of Operations"!!!
Good Job General Blasto!!!
memaddog

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:55 am

Oh the DF gon Razor, it's got little XD parts in it that were scattered all over the dio table before I started layin' track. More like the spoils of war after a battle - DOH :lol: After stayin up late last night, I came across the idea that I wanted to make a loop around the room instead of just a static display. This would entail figuring out a way to "tunnel" thru the mountain of cardboard shipping boxes that take up like half the room that stores most of my US G scale trains. This will be a HUGE task :roll: But I'm pretty good at problem solving and may start this task later this week :wink: I also plan on building the loco to go to the front - an Armoured loco and head end AA car :P This will be intresting. But I must first score it on evil bay :shock: But for now, I will have to figure out the plan of the land and clean up the other "arm" of the dio table. I may add another unloading spur into the yard with a platform angle to unload vehicles. It will be intresting to see. Well back to work on it 8)

Da General

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:15 am

Great job General very 8)

Looks like the first train casualty, he got decapitated :(

The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

AMERICAN_GRENADIER

Post by AMERICAN_GRENADIER » Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:18 am

very nice job!
"SEMPER FIDELIS!"
Good Traders: Buckyroo, Razor17019, Sentinel
exether_mega, Snake, thehun, Mesa

Razor17019

Post by Razor17019 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:27 am

General Blasto wrote:Oh the DF gon Razor, it's got little XD parts in it that were scattered all over the dio table before I started layin' track. More like the spoils of war after a battle - DOH :lol: After stayin up late last night, I came across the idea that I wanted to make a loop around the room instead of just a static display. This would entail figuring out a way to "tunnel" thru the mountain of cardboard shipping boxes that take up like half the room that stores most of my US G scale trains. This will be a HUGE task :roll: But I'm pretty good at problem solving and may start this task later this week :wink: I also plan on building the loco to go to the front - an Armoured loco and head end AA car :P This will be intresting. But I must first score it on evil bay :shock: But for now, I will have to figure out the plan of the land and clean up the other "arm" of the dio table. I may add another unloading spur into the yard with a platform angle to unload vehicles. It will be intresting to see. Well back to work on it 8)

Da General
General,
Very nice layout. I didn't notice before. You painted in tri-color camo scheme on some of your Indy trucks. They look really good. Can't wait to see your Armored railroad card and AA car. Those should look good with your setup.
...As you were...
Razor
To Lee R. Frakes and the B-17 Good Pickin