hay all. can I see pics of all of your collections

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
Coreyeagle48
Officer - Brigadier General

My Collection

Post by Coreyeagle48 » Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:52 pm

Greetings:

Here is my collection. I put a little description with each piece for the unknown pieces or unfamilar ones to the 1/18 guys. These pieces are all displayed in a spare bedroom which I use as a storage spot for my teaching materials not currently in my classroom or that are not needed. Anyway on to the collection. My apologies things are a little congested right now and it's too cold here to move many of these outside for photos.

The pride of my collection is certainly the 1/18 Blue Angels Hornet. I never decaled it and don't think I will, I kind of like it as is. I can't wait for Airstrike's BA Hellcat to go with this as well as the BBI Thunderbirds F-16

This is an airshow shelf. On this shelf is the 9 plane Red Arrows 40th Anniversary Set offered by Corgi in 2004. These planes are in the 1/100-1/150 range. Also on this shelf is a new Corgi Red Arrows Hawk featuring the 2008 color scheme, a Blue Angels Hornet, Thunderbirds F-16 and in the back is an Aermacchi MB-339 from the Frecce Tricolori (this got smashed in the mail but I got it back together somehow.) The larger plane is Corgi's Mig-29 in Russian Swifts Aerobatic Team colors.

This is my other airshow set. This is a 1/100 scale 8 plane formation set of the Patrouille de France Aerobatic Team. They fly Alpha Jets. This set was made by Atlas.

This is another special piece in my collection. This is a Cox .049 Gas Powered 1911 Pusher from the 1960's. This was given to me by my grandfather. I cleaned it up, replaced some parts and it looks great. The cardboard display was used in hobby shops to display the "store model" and to get people to buy it. I found that stand on ebay and had to have it. Hard to believe such a neat model was only $10 new. You can see the nose of my 1/18 Hellcat in the background

This is one of my Authentic Models Jennys. They are beautiful models and well detailed but very large and very delicate. The tail of the Hellcat is visible. These are postwar barnstorming colors.

Another Authentic Models Jenny, this one in British training colors.

This is the Authentic Models Sopwith Camel, this one's got a 29 inch wingspan. The problem with these models is they do not come apart, like the XD and BBI stuff. I love these models but they might be finding a new home because they are so hard to store and move around. On the small handmade shelf behind the Camel is a Curtiss Pusher I made from a crashed Cox version I had found at a local antique store. I made that plane the early version with the front control piece. Between the Jenny and the Camel is a metal handmade Wright Flyer piece which is rather interesting.

The Hellcat is tucked in the middle. Thank goodness for folding wings!

These are a lot of my 1/32 aircraft. Some of the 21st 1/144 birds fill in the front

The Pearl Harbor P-40 and Zero with the Seeman 109 and P-51 Donald Duck version.

The Atlantic Avenger needs its own shelf

Some more 1/32 stuff, Spit, P-47 & P-51B

More 1/32, my custom B-25 and BBI's F-4J

This is the one top shelf featuring the very large Authentic Models Spad and some 1/32 birds.

The other top shelf, Authentic Models huge Fokker Triplane, behind the Triplane is the Daisy June Corsair

The Jolly Roger Sabre occupies the top of the storage boxes in the one corner.

The Tiger Meet F-104, somehow I have four F-104 schemes, too many on clearence I guess

The Spitfire shares the next shelf with the BBI 1/32 warbirds

BBI's big boys get the top two shelves, the F-16 and F-18. I've substituted the F-104 pitot tube on the F-16 because I have no idea where the F-16's is

A very small shelf in the corner has the FOV P-39 and a small bank of the Goodyear blimp which is one of my favorite pieces ironically. The small F-18's in front were on a cake my students had at the end of the year last year for our school part and have found their way into my collection

The final piece in the collection is a Raptor, this is a repainted PTE bird. It got scuffed moving and needs some touch up, but isn't bad

Currently in storage includes 3 F-104's, a P-47 and a couple of 1/32 birds.

There is also a PTE A-10 currently under customization

I have to catch up on helios as I have none
Last edited by Coreyeagle48 on Thu Jan 15, 2009 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trade References

tmanthegreat
hworth18
raiderad6
Snake
USCGSARdog
ThreeToughTrucks
Jnewboy
The one and only "Razor"
Rowsdower
Pizzaguy
pickelhaube
vmf 214
popeye357
JOC
Jwcarpenter

thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Collection

Post by thehun » Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:34 pm

WoW,
After seeing some of you guys collections I’m almost embarrassed to show anything of mine, 90% of my stuff is stilled boxed, but I will take you on a quick tour of my shop where I work

My Shop

Just inside front door

Computer work station

Detail and finishing station

Molding, casting, and scratch building table

Small work station where i build small items to cast, and take models apart

assembly line (1)

figure rack

Another View

Bone yard corner

Misc items on small shelf

4 foot shelves, for every boxed aircraft you see, there is 3 more behind it

Boxed 1/6 scale items

favorite work station---My Custom harley i'm building a little at a time---

View out of shop from finishing work table, X markes the spot, Christmas morning i dropped a 4 point (Small Buck) on that far ridge from my front door proped on a stool using a 1916 8mm German mauser "open sights" a little over 200 yards, He dropped like a sack of feed, It's not that i'm a great shot, I was using a great shooting Weapon, But when i fired i was about 3 feet inside my shop, The boom was so loud it knocked some things off my shelves, and it felt like i busted both ear drums,They rang all day, I guess i got caught up in the moment, LoL, 8) My wife was pissed :evil: all day and raised Hell at me but it did not matter, because i could not hear her anyway, by the time my hearing came back she had cooled off, But anyway put this on your list of things to never do, so anyway this is my shop where i build all my customs.
TheHun

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:08 am

:shock: :shock: Awesome work shop Thehun
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:58 am

I wish I had pic.s of my collection that are nice enough to post, but the crafting room is a mess :shock: :oops: THis holiday season, i had to move a ton of stuff in there and models are piled on the dio table. Looks like a W-80 had gone off in there :twisted: But, dispair not, I will have something posted soon. I could do a shot of the Allied tanks on the shelves in the BDroom and if I straighten up the craftroom shelves, a good share of the Hun forces could be neatly displayed ;) Perhaps if I get time, I could start straightening the dio table up. That is, once I make it to the table after moving the Christmas totes out of the way :?

Da General

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:15 am

WOW!!!!
Thanks for the pics, thehun!!
It's like Santa's workshop for XD!!!
:D

Light.Inf.Scout

Post by Light.Inf.Scout » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:19 am

Wow Hun...LOVE your setup.
Trade References: JOC, IMMEWW2, Razor17019, KAMIKAZE, caesarbc, momaw nadon, supersonicfifi, Tambo, USMA07, bigsarge, American Grenadier, YT, Crazy Kraut, C00per, AV-8B Driver, cjg476, Buckyroo, aae83

flyboy_fx

Re: Collection

Post by flyboy_fx » Tue Jan 06, 2009 11:21 am

thehun wrote:WoW,
After seeing some of you guys collections I’m almost embarrassed to show anything of mine, 90% of my stuff is stilled boxed, but I will take you on a quick tour of my shop where I work

My Shop

Just inside front door

Computer work station

Detail and finishing station

Molding, casting, and scratch building table

Small work station where i build small items to cast, and take models apart

assembly line (1)

figure rack

Another View

Bone yard corner

Misc items on small shelf

4 foot shelves, for every boxed aircraft you see, there is 3 more behind it

Boxed 1/6 scale items

favorite work station---My Custom harley i'm building a little at a time---

View out of shop from finishing work table, X markes the spot, Christmas morning i dropped a 4 point (Small Buck) on that far ridge from my front door proped on a stool using a 1916 8mm German mauser "open sights" a little over 200 yards, He dropped like a sack of feed, It's not that i'm a great shot, I was using a great shooting Weapon, But when i fired i was about 3 feet inside my shop, The boom was so loud it knocked some things off my shelves, and it felt like i busted both ear drums,They rang all day, I guess i got caught up in the moment, LoL, 8) My wife was pissed :evil: all day and raised Hell at me but it did not matter, because i could not hear her anyway, by the time my hearing came back she had cooled off, But anyway put this on your list of things to never do, so anyway this is my shop where i build all my customs.
TheHun
MNAN can i come over. i live close sorta im in north carolina.plzzzzzz :wink: :D
"Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."
--Samuel Beckett

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:20 pm

Very few of us will ever have the kind of shop that TheHun has, and even fewer has the talent for customizing existing work.

Very nice shop.

Sooooooooo, I wonder what plans the TheHun has for those 21C 1/6 CC's?

My WC-52 was converted from a 21C CC and, if on the market today would command a nice price for an ambitious customizer.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

truck

Post by thehun » Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:39 pm

WoW TTT
I do like that custom, Did you do it? I worked in 1/6 scale before i dropped down to 1/18, It seemed everytime i would list a 1/6 custom on e-bay someone would complain about a iron cross, ss collor patch on a figure or german sign on my vehicle, It was always something, Later on i found out it was a couple of competitor's, so instead of lowering myself down to their level i just moved on, That was several years ago, but i am starting to work more in 1/6 now, i got a custom scout car that i'll be listing in a week or so, also working on a 1/6 German Half-track, as far as the Command cars--- they are just sitting with all the other 1/6 stuff, boxed up and put up---waiting---.
If you ever run across a good 1/6 tiger for sell let me know, I would love to have one.

Here are some photos of a CC i done a few years ago

Threetoughtrucks

Post by Threetoughtrucks » Tue Jan 06, 2009 10:18 pm

TheHun:

I think I remember seeing your "captured" CC. Awesome work. Terrific weathering.

The WC-52 was made by John Ivory (decal guy). He built only a couple, and as I believe, he had trouble with the resin rear body. Many castings gave him so much trouble, he just gave up and he has stuck to decals. Mine is perfect. He must have gotten the resin right and gave up. A great guy to deal with. I'm far from a customizer, I've bought several custom 1/6 and 1/18 pieces and even bid on a few of yours.

Can I assume you are interested in one of the plastic 1/6 Tiger kit but not one of the Amortek metal $5-6000 kits.

TTT
Sometimes I am the windshield, sometimes, I am the bug.

thehun
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by thehun » Wed Jan 07, 2009 7:25 am

Threetoughtrucks wrote:TheHun:

I think I remember seeing your "captured" CC. Awesome work. Terrific weathering.

The WC-52 was made by John Ivory (decal guy). He built only a couple, and as I believe, he had trouble with the resin rear body. Many castings gave him so much trouble, he just gave up and he has stuck to decals. Mine is perfect. He must have gotten the resin right and gave up. A great guy to deal with. I'm far from a customizer, I've bought several custom 1/6 and 1/18 pieces and even bid on a few of yours.

Can I assume you are interested in one of the plastic 1/6 Tiger kit but not one of the Amortek metal $5-6000 kits.

TTT,
you assume right, My wife would Kill me if i spent 5-6000 on a toy, besides i can' hide that much money from her :cry:
Plastic will do fine, if the price is right, It could be damaged or broke, i don't care about RC, static is ok, i have a ton of trading power, military items, jeep parts, toy's, ect.......just keep a eye out for me if anything comes your way.
Thanks,
Everett,
Hun

TTT

Panther F
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Panther F » Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:56 am

Dang Everett! :shock: That's a little more than the "shack" you called your work place!

Looks pretty sweet. :D Blows away my little 9' X 11' hole in the ground. :lol:

B-29
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by B-29 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:04 pm

Here's some pics of my collection:
My Custom Aviat Husky:
Last edited by B-29 on Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

B-29
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by B-29 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:53 pm

medic83 wrote:Love the Husky what did you use to build it or where did you get it?
Thanks medic83. I used the Guillows Super Cub kit as a base, and covered it in thin plastic instead of tissue. I also modified the wings with new tips and gave it better tires.

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:28 pm

Bump
nice thread
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

tkjaer21
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by tkjaer21 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 3:01 pm

Here is mine:

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:25 pm

Hey Mig and TKJ ,

Those are some great collections. :D :D :D
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller

kenhil2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by kenhil2 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:41 pm

very impressed/jealous of everyones collections and displays. hope to have mine upeventually, having everything boxed up while i move is a little depressing. :( :(
...ken

Semper Fi

"if you haven't been there, shut the f@#k up"

usmcchet9296
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by usmcchet9296 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:57 pm

Hey Ken I like your signature file
USMC CHET
John P. Hermesmeyer
92-96 5th Marines 0311
Semper Fi

kenhil2
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by kenhil2 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:01 pm

errr!!! :wink:
...ken

Semper Fi

"if you haven't been there, shut the f@#k up"

flpickupman
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by flpickupman » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:26 am

Okay. I'll play.

Here are some teasers. As I've changed my display some, I'll take a couple of update photos of my current arrangement to post tomorrow.

To see the rest, click on my website button. Password's in my siganture.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it.
-W.C. Fields