M-113 APC Upgrade With New Molds

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
tmanthegreat
Officer - Brigadier General

Re: M-113 APC upgrade Storage Rack Feedback Needed

Post by tmanthegreat » Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:26 pm

No problem Mutt! Just a note on my custom, but I found the correct rear fenders and spare wheel (hanging on the turret) on the Shapeways 3D Printing website. Not sure if they’re still around there, but worth a look!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

mutt71
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mutt71 » Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:36 pm

tman, I thought that you might have gotten them there. Thanks for the referral! I will be getting them as well, seeing how the look so good on yours. Shapeways is a great resource to draw from, whenever possible. I have used them for different parts and vehicles in the past.

mutt71
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by mutt71 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:58 pm

My M-113 arrived this past Sunday. The stowage had already been stripped off of it and a couple of them were included with the APC, along with a couple of the tools. I have a complete set of tools, so they will not be an issue. I filled in all of the holes on the upper hull, both sides and front and rear areas. I am ordering the rear fenders, a spare road wheel, an M-2 .50, some .50 Ammo cans and a pair of M-60's from Shapeways. Pickelhaub is going to make his ACAV kit for it, as soon as I have the cash and he is able to mold the set up. I am also looking for various figures and will make lots of stowage to use with this vehicle.
I spent some time in these vehicles, years ago, so I am really psyched to finally have one. Many thanks to tman and Matthew for their help in making this a reality. Yes, I will make photos available ASAP.

pickelhaube

Post by pickelhaube » Mon Mar 04, 2024 5:53 am

If there is any interest I have remade the mold for the Nam M-113 as well as the Iraqi war armor upgrades.
Kirk Douglas : Mine hit the ground first
John Wayne : Mine was taller