Got a suggestion for Band of Brother figures

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
ww2collecter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Got a suggestion for Band of Brother figures

Post by ww2collecter » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:00 pm

I seen this come up a few times on how we wish they would do a BOB figure set, but the problem is the rights to the "franchise". Well, what would happen if they did the figures in 1:18 or 1:6, but used the faces of the real "E" company? Since they are the true heros and not the actors that portrayed them. Would that fly w/ 21st or BBi? Then hopefully they won't be stepping on any toes from Holywood.
And suggestions?

fredricchio
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by fredricchio » Fri Mar 25, 2005 5:58 pm

I think the reason they go after the 'franchises' though is for the name recognition, to help sell it to retailers and consumers. I'm sure they could make the men of Easy Company, but if they can't call them "Band of Brothers" it may as well just be another, regular assortment, like the Marines or Paratroopers.

tko211
Fan Club President - All Go Toys
Fan Club President - All Go Toys

Post by tko211 » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:55 pm

Yeah, I agree! I would like nothing more than to see a well done collection of Band of Brothers figures. After looking at the level of detail in the platoon figures I am confident that 21st could do a top job of it. I think that it is more difficult licence to aquire than some of the others. That franchise seems to be under very strict guidelines in an attempt to keep the film on a serious tone. I think that is part of the appeal for everyone! I am convinced that if 21st were get the approval, it could be the just about the coolest thing they have ever done! How many figs could they do...? like 20 different ones! It would be great! Perhaps someday!

ww2collecter
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by ww2collecter » Sat Mar 26, 2005 6:59 am

tko211 wrote:Yeah, I agree! I would like nothing more than to see a well done collection of Band of Brothers figures. After looking at the level of detail in the platoon figures I am confident that 21st could do a top job of it. I think that it is more difficult licence to aquire than some of the others. That franchise seems to be under very strict guidelines in an attempt to keep the film on a serious tone. I think that is part of the appeal for everyone! I am convinced that if 21st were get the approval, it could be the just about the coolest thing they have ever done! How many figs could they do...? like 20 different ones! It would be great! Perhaps someday!

Do you think 21st would have to aquire a licence if they did the figures after the real guys and not the actors. I would'nt think that the REAL Capt. Winters is under any licences or guidlines

digger
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

BoB

Post by digger » Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:25 am

See fredricchio's post - I think that is right. W/o officially being tied to the series you'll have just another set of paras....and you sure as hell wouldn't be allowed to call them Band of Brothers....