1/18 Tomcat

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
dragon53
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by dragon53 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:12 pm

JERICOEAGLE1:

Thanks for trying.

The mystery of Flight 1/18 F-14 continues...

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:24 pm

Yeah something awry with that story. It states on their site that the final billing amount will be presented at time of payment request and I'd say that's when the true shipping would rear it's ugly head and it'd be high based on personal experience. Still gonna have my wife call them tonite (this morning) and see what she can find out from them. You never know, it'd could've been a "test" all along to justify making the thing...sell 1000 in a couple weeks obvious it would be worth making. Who knows in this crazy world..
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:25 pm

aferguson wrote:i wonder if any of our north american retailers are aware of this?

Any idea how much shipping is? I bet it's $100 for something this big coming from Japan.

This thing will be a monster. About 50% bulkier than the bbi f-18. Huge box, heavy and huge (again).
I've got the Mgr of my LHS who deal with a couple companies inside Japan checking on this for me, if I'm able to get some accurate information I'll pass it along, and if available, I've given the go ahead to grab a couple.

Regards,
Todd

WGP Klaus
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by WGP Klaus » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:28 pm

VMF115 wrote:I just hope the detail is up to standards............I do know the Japanese are crazy when it comes to detail and models...I just hope this is true for the 1/18th f-14.

Could it be an AT product???..would be cheaper to ship to Japan not that much of a hop from mainland China
Depending on how accurate those pics are, and where they stand in relation to an actual production model, I wouldn't hold too much hope in the detail being outstanding, but at this juncture beggers can't be choosers. :wink:

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:39 pm

Boy 1/18 sure has become a pole dangled carrot the last year or so. "Here's a great new item we're coming out with" or "Get your pre-orders in now" when it's really "GET UR A$$ BACK, YOU THINK WE'RE SERIOUS??!!"...
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:43 pm

VMF115 wrote:Etailers please don't abandon us in the 1/18th realm...DO SOMETHING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wounder how many calls bad cat has gotten from this news on the F-14. :lol:
I'm sure they got a bunch of inquiries especially in the last couple days but doubt they'd offer an info even if they had it. Inquired on the Sakai Zero and got a canned response with a tinge of annoyance seemed like. I'm sure they get tired of inquiries.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:01 am

we where promised the moon in 2007* and at the end of that year we had nothing. then we where promised what was promised in 2007 this year,,,,,,,,,,and nothing...................nope not a thing,..... zilch. except a flak 88 from 21st
now we hear that 21st from the retailers they are barely staying afloat and may fold " I hope the rumor is not true"......... Admiral toys ......what is Admiral toys....I forgotten what they make. ..........bbi is still in the game,,,sort of.. at least for now.....

And now a new company who's name is unheard of is now entering the Frey of 1/18..god help them.....

Small online retailers now have to order at least three thousand pieces of product that is a huge cost on the small guy or specialty retailer.

If it does turn out this is true will the traditionalists online retailers bring this to the US or will they wash there hands of 1/18th once and for all citing the cost to bring these products would be to much of a financial burden.. this time it's the factories and not the front companies like 21st bbi...I here AT owns their own factory...so I heard.

The factories are demanding up front payment for such a large order and on top of that he have to pay for any new molds on top of that....dam those Chinese toy factories oh wait they are struggling...I wounder why? :roll:

I don't blame the etailers........and if 1/18th goes expensive then I think we will see a big drop in popularity with this scale..sky works is cool making all the stuff...but for many of us die hard fans we are being left out in the cold looking at price points 300-500 and up range.

And there is no way Jack at sky works can bring that price down...he is working hard and try to keep cost down as well.

http://www.talesofthecat.com/journal/20 ... l#comments

Bad cat Rob says in the comments that 1/18th is

Rob,

In your opinion, is 18th scale just about dead? Thanks.

To CF:

. . . as a door nail.
right now I wish some one would make the official claim that 1/18th is dead........IF admiral toys is still in business making 1/18th they need to communicate to the fans..

as for a Note I think and hope that 1/18th will go thorugh a rebrith evrey thing does in time but how long will it take............... :roll:

I hope 1/18th is not dead I hope the f-14 is a bbi....if not then a new company....... I hope that we will see it here in the states for much less.....I hope we all can get one....I hope the detail is just about right.....I Hope for world peace and jobs and security for every one on this board........... Marry Christmas and a happy new year!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW I think the Flakk 88 is one of the best pices t ocome from 21st.....I just hope t oget my hand on a few.

Sorry for my Rant
Back to the F-14 IF you look at the front wheels you will see rivets holding them in I would expect to see this in smaller scale which me thinks is not the real picter of the 1/18th tom kitty

* I am talking about the f-4....a-1....sbd...b-25..mig-21...in the past 21st has made overture of a me-110....
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Let me hear your guns!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: My what?
Colonel "Madman" Maddox: Your guns! Ack, ack, ack, ack, ack!
Captain Wild Bill Kelso: [fires his airplane's guns] AHHHH!

JohnLumley
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by JohnLumley » Tue Dec 09, 2008 7:54 am

I just got an e-mail from Japan.

They canceled my preorder. :(

I got the same message that "Jericoeagle1" received.

I sent them a reply asking about manufacturer and if this is a bbi bird.
One hundred and fifty three - 1:18 scale aircraft on the ceiling looks :shock: damn good!

supersonicfifi
Officer - Colonel
Officer - Colonel

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH

Post by supersonicfifi » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:25 am

I really hope it's not a 21St CT toys' trick : they will promise for january 2009 a 79 $ tomcat and for FREE with each purchase an 1/18 NIMITZ !!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

the Carrier would be 55 feet long ! (i think the postage will be huge ! ) :lol:

I am ready for preorder too ! see you in 2024 !
:cry:
Philippe
1/18 mirage 2000 & RAFALE should i say more ?

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:39 am

If this is 1:18 I would pay $300-400 FOR IT - I mean I rally want the f-18 but f-14 would kick arse - finally something to put Ace in.
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 1:51 pm

If anything it was nice to have some excitement on this board for a change. Its been a while.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:43 pm

Ahh.... the thrill of the hunt.

Yep, I'm over it.

-Rob

"You have to go out, but you don't have to come back".

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:47 pm

Jericoeagle1 wrote:If anything it was nice to have some excitement on this board for a change. Its been a while.
At least it did not drag on for months and then nothing.....

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:49 pm

Finally able to get with someone at HW Japan. This is a quote from them (loosely translated to english).

"We have checked and unable to verify who is original maker of this item. It is not made in japan and comes from overseas. We have no other information at this time."

There you have it. IMO,...it's Bbi but who knows.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 3:52 pm

vmf214 wrote:Finally able to get with someone at HW Japan. This is a quote from them (loosely translated to english).

"We have checked and unable to verify who is original maker of this item. It is not made in japan and comes from overseas. We have no other information at this time."

There you have it. IMO,...it's Bbi but who knows.
That's good news short of..... 8)

Will the mystery continue,,,will Razor go insane, stay tuned to this thread with new and exiting news about the mystery 1/18th f-14!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 4:00 pm

I'd say the planes have to already be made with the alleged "this month" release timeframe but apparantly not painted yet iaw info from the description.

Have more info as I inquired again for more clarification:

The Tomcat is made outside of Japan and being marketed under the toy company Kawai. HW Japan I feel honestly doesn't know who the actual maker is but, Kawai-Aoshima does and they ain't sayin'.....yep my money is on Bbi.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:02 pm

It sounds as if it is made in China. So if it is BBI it will eventually turn up here (fingers crossed). Everyone start saving your dough.
A little song, A little dance, A little seltzer down your pants!~~~Chuckles the Clown.

vmf214

Post by vmf214 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:26 pm

Yup that's what I think too.

Jericoeagle1
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by Jericoeagle1 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:28 pm

I can't honestly believe that if someone made a F-14 in that scale that they wouldn't sell it here. Imagine the market they would miss. Plus with oil prices so low, it would be a really prime time to hit us with it.

Sabrefan

Post by Sabrefan » Tue Dec 09, 2008 5:30 pm

I wish we could get in touch with Jason. I know he is with Admiral toys, but he seems to be aware of upcoming models made by others.
Paul Hebert

It's been a long road, but I am still in the game. :)

USCGSARdog
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by USCGSARdog » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:04 pm

I actually have good feeling about this one. We are long overdue for something to come along, and I would wager that bbi would be the only company of the three 1/18 players with enough weight to produce something like this, especially considering the condition of the world economy. I think the silence from Mike and the relative absence of Jason says something as well..... somebody knows something! Image

-Rob

"You have to go out, but you don't have to come back".

CW4USARMY

Post by CW4USARMY » Tue Dec 09, 2008 6:50 pm

USCGSARdog wrote:I actually have good feeling about this one. We are long overdue for something to come along, and I would wager that bbi would be the only company of the three 1/18 players with enough weight to produce something like this, especially considering the condition of the world economy. I think the silence from Mike and the relative absence of Jason says something as well..... somebody knows something! Image

-Rob
I like your optimism Rob! :wink: . Yep, we're all settled in after a rather lengthy honey-do list around the house, and so now I can focus on work (and here) , LOL.

DropTank
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by DropTank » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:14 pm

Great to have rumors flying around again. A tomcat would really be super if it played out to materialize. XD has been very dried up recently as far as new releases. Nice to have at least the anticipation of something new.

VMF115

Post by VMF115 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:36 pm

I have found more pics of the Hph 1/18th bird 8) 8) check out the size of this thing next to the old dude. is it me or is that scale off a bit. It almost looks smaller then 1/18th

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Tue Dec 09, 2008 9:44 pm

HPH also make 1/24 and 1/32 scale planes. That looks like 1/32 to me.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...