New PTE! SU27, chinese stuff!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
p51
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR
BOARD ADMINISTRATOR

Post by p51 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 3:37 am

Is the SU-27 scale to the F-22 at least? The F-22, aside from the paint job, looks pretty darn good. Overall good shape, just the cockpit is too big. Does that apply to the SU-27 as well? It seems a bit more simplified than the raptor.

kduck
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by kduck » Fri Jan 30, 2009 6:14 am

aferguson wrote:i guess it will depend if toys r us continues to carry the line or not..

fingers crossed also.
I wouldn't put too much hope in TRU. I went back and checked the PTE thread for this past season and didn't see any reported sightings at TRU. The best bet will probably be JC Penney. Along with Big Lots and SEARS Canada they were apparently the the only North American retailers carrying the PTE line this past season.

zhukov
Corporal
Corporal

Post by zhukov » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:15 am

i just found the ifv from an online seller in the uk. i got his remaining ifv stock...ill borrow a digital camera to post pics when they arrive, along with a review. if anyone wants any specific pictures, just let me know on here. they should arrive early next week. cant wait! now to locate the su 27, and helicopter...perhaps some more type 98 mbts ( i already use the trumpeter 1/20 type 98s as a base for customs, and have some set up as regular type 98's.)

C130IM
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by C130IM » Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:59 am

Zhukov;

Would you consider selling 2? Was this an eBay auction?

Thanks,

Chad

zhukov
Corporal
Corporal

Post by zhukov » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:03 am

i have already contacted the retailer asking about stock and getting more. when i hear back ill pass on the message. if they have more, ill be glad to take orders and send them on at actual cost to whoever wants. im sure theyll get more, just a question of when and of what. like i said ill pass on the message when it comes back to me. the seller is usually mail order but sold a couple of items as an independent shop via amazon.co.uk

zhukov
Corporal
Corporal

Post by zhukov » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:56 am

ok, found where you can order from them directly:

http://www.mklmodels.co.uk/index.asp

they have the chopper, ifv and fast attack vehicle. ive asked about the su 27 and mbt already...

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:54 am

i wonder how feasible it would be to splice two of those ifv's together to make a more typical 8 wheeled ifv, like the russians use.
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

Booga
Corporal
Corporal

Post by Booga » Thu Feb 05, 2009 6:38 pm

It looks like they also have the Helicopter now too.

zhukov
Corporal
Corporal

Post by zhukov » Mon Feb 09, 2009 8:52 am

the infantry fighting vehicles arrived today...they are bigger than they seem from the pics from the back of the packaging...really cool too. ill post pics and the review in a few hours time. the other new pte items are still to arrive...

zhukov
Corporal
Corporal

Post by zhukov » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:14 pm

how do i post images here...ive taken the ifv pictures but im not sure how to post them? does anyone know how? the pics are already on my computer now.[/img]

scope uk
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by scope uk » Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:35 pm

zhukov wrote:how do i post images here...ive taken the ifv pictures but im not sure how to post them? does anyone know how? the pics are already on my computer now.[/img]
If you upload them to Photobucket.com it will give you a link that you can put in a normal post. BTW thanks for the link i will order a couple of those aifv's to start with and then go back for some jeeps would love to get that new tank!!!
If interrested in seeing more of my customs check out

http://www.freewebs.com/scopescustoms/index.htm

aferguson
Lieutenant General - MOD
Lieutenant General - MOD

Post by aferguson » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:31 pm

viewtopic.php?t=8426

looking forward to seeing them. :)
i never met an airplane i didn't like...

paulpratt
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by paulpratt » Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:43 pm

I'm very anxious to get all the gritty details on these vehicles. I've been really in a fervor for some Russian and Chinese vehicles.
Has anyone heard any word about when/ if these will be hitting the states? I heard that the company would be making an appearance at toy fair this year too. I wonder if that will pan out?
I wrote an e-mail to the company if they had any word about US distribution for the new series, but I'm sure they will send along a generic reply. At least they will know that their product is wanted. :P
Best,
-Paul

vmf214
Officer - Brigadier General
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by vmf214 » Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:43 pm

So has this stuff bypassed N. America or what? Any new word on them?
Positive B/S/T refs: hworth18, coreyeagle48, raiderad6, pickelhaube, JOC, american_grenadier, xddave, tmanthegreat

jeffrowse
Sergeant
Sergeant

PTE IFV

Post by jeffrowse » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:36 am

I make the IFV out to be 15" from the back of the rear door to the tip (is that the right word?) of the bow (with the swim plate folded), 6" side-to-side across the widest point (lower hull is just over 3", top of hull is 4.5") and it stands 6.5" to the top of the gun mount, just over 4.75 to the top of the hull - both from the 'floor' beneath the wheels.

The rear door is moulded as part of the hull, the wheels are push-fitted so there's no axles to let water in and the main hull seems quite well sealed.
There are six 'standing room only' holes on the hull top for figures; two D-shaped at the front and four rectangular ones at the back (two each side); all covers/hatches open outboard.
The swim plate (trim vane?) at the front folds in what I guess is a realistic manner and the props turn inside their housings at the rear; the prop housings do not move. Gun ports, tow cables and what looks like a two-man tree-saw(?) are moulded on the sides and the turret rotates, with the main gun and it's coaxial machine gun (the 'big one' looks like an autocannon rather than a main tank gun); there are four 'solid' smoke dischargers each side of the turret, and it has a funny little hatch-and-lever thing with a 'slot' that is just under .5" and between the gun mount and smoke dischargers on the turret right.

Unfortunately it's a bit stern-heavy and there are four holes that look like they are supposed to hold 'push-fit' tools or something; unfortunately they are low enough to let water in when, um, conducting "sea trials" in the bath... :oops:

On the subject of where the Chinese get their inspiration from when designing "new" hardware, I heard recently that Russia was not overly pleased when an order for a couple of squadrons-worth of Su-35's (the latest variant of the Su-27) was changed to about half-a-dozen, then further reduced to just two "for testing purposes".
Given that last time something like that happened, the two 'test' birds ended up being the only ones ordered and shortly afterwards the Chinese Air Force started fielding their own "new" design that looked remarkably like the ones sold by Russia, the story is that the Russians have declined to go ahead with the sale at this time...