So much for the big XD WalMart reset!

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by dandaman » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:10 pm

Suddenly Brunos and DAK artillery spotters are popping up everywhere.

Stug45
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by Stug45 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:33 pm

I've been finding the brunos & the german two packs but i have to drive 50 miles for them :roll:
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

normandy

Post by normandy » Thu Aug 28, 2008 6:44 pm

Well that sounds good for you two....... around here there are no XD or 21st products................ :evil:

c44
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

End of Summer Bummer...

Post by c44 » Thu Aug 28, 2008 7:31 pm

Yeah, Normandy, it seems all XD figs---including the new guys---are on clearance at WM @ $4 a pop...if you can find 'em...I remember you posting that you found the GI MGer, I never did, but I found a few of the other 2...I wonder when & where they might materialize... :?
C44
...Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see...

hotrodrock
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by hotrodrock » Thu Aug 28, 2008 9:31 pm

Reset is finished at the closest WM. No military of any kind (except GI Joe).

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Thu Aug 28, 2008 10:32 pm

Good, he, he, he, the rest of the country is learning to live with western-style Wal Marts... Welcome to what its like to have either an un-diverse selection or nothing :twisted:
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:42 am

What it all comes down to is that this news is nothing new. Walmart continues to overstock SOME stores, while others have very little or nothing at all.
Again, is this Walmart's fault or 21C?
How many Walmart's have you been in that DIDN'T HAVE ANY of Lanard's The Corps?

ostketten

Post by ostketten » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:14 am

My local WM has 5 of the same DAK "Erdmann" figure on one peg @ $9.99 ea. :shock: that's it, nothing else from 21C whatsoever. The local TRU stores aren't much better, but they do still have a few items remaining, these are slowly dwindling away though. This is not a good sign for the future of XD at brick and mortar stores I'm afraid. :?
Gen. George S. Patton Jr., 28th Regimental Colonel, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, U.S. Army, "Blood and Steel"

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:34 am

ostketten wrote:My local WM has 5 of the same DAK "Erdmann" figure on one peg @ $9.99 ea. :shock: that's it, nothing else from 21C whatsoever. The local TRU stores aren't much better, but they do still have a few items remaining, these are slowly dwindling away though. This is not a good sign for the future of XD at brick and mortar stores I'm afraid. :?
This is true. I went to two TRU yesterday and their XD stock was as bleak as WM.
Even at Big Lots, PTE stuff is VERY FEW and nothing more!

digger

we all know distribution is weak but..

Post by digger » Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:23 am

tmanthegreat wrote:Good, he, he, he, the rest of the country is learning to live with western-style Wal Marts... Welcome to what its like to have either an un-diverse selection or nothing :twisted:
Tman, your bitterness and whining are becoming rabid. If Hasbro can't get all product everywhere, are we really surprised doomed 21C can't? In the end I find almost everything is available if you are willing wait, pay a bit more on ebay, or trade for it. Your victim routine is getting old.

GooglyDoogly
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by GooglyDoogly » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:07 am

My local Walmarts only have some 1/32 playsets and some 1/48 aircraft. :(

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:19 am

With Hasbro it's always "wait and see"... I hear daily about people finding TLC figures. That's the thing... Patience is a virtue in the Star Wars hobby for certain and IJ's proven to be exactly the same.

With 21st it's not always that way, but often times I've found it to be. Your next best option is good networking which I have to say has worked well for me but the site's not really set up to be great for networking... It's good, but not great is all (not 100% organized I guess is what I'm saying). Usually somewhere's getting something.

Right now, Pitt's got nothing XD going on. Hell we had some D-Day 2-packs hanging around and even those disappeared. Now it's all Platoon and some of the really tan Germans. I am holding out hope 21st is at least pumping out some figures though and we'll see the new ones here soon. I'd love that .30 cal guy and even the "sniper" would be nice to army build some since riflemen are in short supply. The German's cool if he's got a hat. Always can use more hats... Just not that light green one.

EDIT: By the way, the East gets shorted on lots of stuff... Avengers were in short supply, we didn't see many of the BBI WW2 figures (first ones) at all, nor the last round of modern BBI. We never saw ANY kind of truck (I still don't have the full sized truck, just the weapons carrier which I got from a friend), winter Tiger-I's were nowhere to be found, I never saw a FOV Tiger-I... I don't know planes well but I know a lot of the German planes (Nightfighter, ME-262, Spitfires, etc.) never really showed up in the East too much. It's not like the West is worse really. They usually get something we don't or we get something they don't (D-Day 2-packs were plentiful here for a while).

It's the cycle of life.... or retardation. Whatever you want to call WM's distribution system.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

mikeg

Post by mikeg » Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:24 am

Yeah, you (tman) did'nt even bother to respond to my comment in the -war in georgia widening- thread, either.. is my vitriol not worthy of your learned historical academic background?- ya notice how complacent people appear moments before the firing squad? be happy, dont worry, they'll never be enough XD........................

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Fri Aug 29, 2008 12:48 pm

my guess is it is up to each WM - Some stores have Platoon figures on clearance for $4.00 and other have them full price - one store moved their platoon on clearance only to restock them back at full price - unless they were the same ones. Some stores have the new DAK spotter at $4.99 and a few stores Destin Florida included put them on the shelf at $4.00 - was there on vacation.

1:32 I finLLY found the new items and they were straight to clearance for $11 each
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

holensock
Officer - Lt. Colonel
Officer - Lt. Colonel

Post by holensock » Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:03 pm

Yep, you just never know which WM will have what.
Didn't we sort of go thru this after the Marines/Japanese were released? For a time there was nothing or not much, but XD came back strong!
Wonder if, and we probably talked about this before, if we gave the order number to the WM toy dept head that doesn't have XD, wonder if they'd order it?

grockwood
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by grockwood » Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:17 pm

So far the Walmarts here in KC metro have eventially received all of the 21st new figures except for the dual packs. I have only found them 40 miles away in Topeka, KS.

warbike
Corporal
Corporal

Post by warbike » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:27 pm

I have had better luck at TRU for 1:18 items. Walmart here in south Texas normally does not have 1:18 like they used to. Mostly 1:32, 1:48, and 1:72
1:1 Kubelwagen metal kit build in progress.

Dauntless

Post by Dauntless » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:40 pm

I found the DAK two packs at Walmart for $5 on clearance, so I got two of those.
The whole set of Platoon for $2 a piece.

There are an overwhelming amount of the Vietnam figures that aren't moving at all. Maybe it's because all their faces are pink.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::>=}:
Good trader list: hworth18, Threetoughtrucks, mikeg, cjg746, jlspec

worldwar2buff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by worldwar2buff » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:15 am

Well, went to my Wal-Mart last night.

NO 21st of any scale to be found in the toy aisles. It's been totally reset and every shelf and peg was full. Nothing, Nada, Nichts!

So, I figured I'd head over to the clearance aisle. Low and behold there were a bunch of figs there and all had big tags marked them at $4.

"But wait, what are those??" I said to myself. Sure enough there were 2 of the new U.S. Sniper figs (though why he's a sniper is beyond me). Anyway, I figured I hadn't seen those and at $4 that was a good deal so I bought them.

WAIT THERE'S MORE!!! When they rang up, they rang up at $3 each!! WHOO-HOO!! I'm going back today after work to check all the other figs and if they all ring up at $3, I'm buying them all.

Will have to check the 1:32 P-51 and Panzer III's they had marked at $11. Wonder if it's going to ring up cheaper??
Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in other, body thoroughly worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO” what a ride!

worldwar2buff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by worldwar2buff » Fri Sep 05, 2008 4:16 am

Well, went to my Wal-Mart last night.

NO 21st of any scale to be found in the toy aisles. It's been totally reset and every shelf and peg was full. Nothing, Nada, Nichts!

So, I figured I'd head over to the clearance aisle. Low and behold there were a bunch of figs there and all had big tags marked them at $4.

"But wait, what are those??" I said to myself. Sure enough there were 2 of the new U.S. Sniper figs (though why he's a sniper is beyond me). Anyway, I figured I hadn't seen those and at $4 that was a good deal so I bought them.

WAIT THERE'S MORE!!! When they rang up, they rang up at $3 each!! WHOO-HOO!! I'm going back today after work to check all the other figs and if they all ring up at $3, I'm buying them all.

Will have to check the 1:32 P-51 and Panzer 38(t)'s they had marked at $11. Wonder if it's going to ring up cheaper??
Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in other, body thoroughly worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO” what a ride!

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:41 am

Which WM? The WMs in beaver county and new castle have not marked down single figures or aircraft. Armor had been at $11 and 2-packs at $7
Thanks
worldwar2buff wrote:Well, went to my Wal-Mart last night.

Will have to check the 1:32 P-51 and Panzer 38(t)'s they had marked at $11. Wonder if it's going to ring up cheaper??

worldwar2buff
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by worldwar2buff » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:45 am

jlspec wrote:Which WM? The WMs in beaver county and new castle have not marked down single figures or aircraft. Armor had been at $11 and 2-packs at $7
Thanks

If I told you, I'd have to kill you! :twisted:

Actually it's the mini-WalMart in Bethel Park. I'll be cleaning it out today at about 3:45pm when I get home from work. :twisted:

jlspec
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Post by jlspec » Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:07 am

A little too far for me to be in competition with you there.
Thanks
worldwar2buff wrote:
jlspec wrote:Which WM? The WMs in beaver county and new castle have not marked down single figures or aircraft. Armor had been at $11 and 2-packs at $7
Thanks

If I told you, I'd have to kill you! :twisted:

Actually it's the mini-WalMart in Bethel Park. I'll be cleaning it out today at about 3:45pm when I get home from work. :twisted: