Indiana Jones wave 4??

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Indiana Jones wave 4??

Post by flayrah » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:56 am

I thought this line was cancelled in its tracks - but look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/INDIANA-JONES-TEMPL ... 8531438906

Of course it's a preorder from a dealer, so he might not have any clue what the acutual status is. None of these look too interesting to me and I think they would have sat on the pegs like Mutt Williams.

Lance Quazar
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by Lance Quazar » Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:51 am

The line is not cancelled (though its longevity has certainly been called into question lately.)

The terrific-looking Temple of Doom wave will (theoretically) be on the shelves in September, but since many haven't seen hide nor hair of the Last Crusade wave, there's a good chance it will be similarly hard to find.

Two new deluxe figures are just hitting now, Mutt and motorcycle and a Cairo Thugs 2 pack.

Battle packs (also set for a fall release) were shown at Comic Con. They consist of a Last Crusade "tank" pack with Henry, Vogel and some Germans, a Streets of Cairo set with Indy, Marion and Thugs and a Crystal Skull set with Spalko, Indy and some Russians.

There is also a second Raiders wave for early 2009, pics of which were revealed at Comic Con.

There have been plenty of other rumors and confirmations from Hasbro about more stuff in 09, from a "Club Obi Wan" themed Temple of Doom wave to new vehicles, including the Duck and the Flying Wing.

Anyway, though I have been certainly a pessimistic voice recently regarding the line's future in light of Hasbro's recent behavior, we're not dead yet and there is still hope for the future.

SolidSnakeEyes
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by SolidSnakeEyes » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:53 pm

I finally found The Last Crusade line at a local Kmart, and they had all the figures minus Vogel and Connery Jones (haha). That's the first time I've ever seen them.
I looked at the trap, Ray.

-- Dr. Egon Spengler

immeww2
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by immeww2 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:35 pm

Spotted the thug set at WM recently.

flayrah
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

Post by flayrah » Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:01 am

Nothing new here. Just peg after peg of first series. They aren't selling, so I don't expect anything new soon. sigh.....

panzertruppen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by panzertruppen » Sat Nov 08, 2008 6:43 am

Lance Quazar wrote: There have been plenty of other rumors and confirmations from Hasbro about more stuff in 09, from a "Club Obi Wan" themed Temple of Doom wave to new vehicles, including the Duck and the Flying Wing.
I hope they release the Flying Wing! With German Mechanic and Pilot Figure. That would be great!
"The engine of the Panzer is a weapon just as the main gun."

Major-General Heinz Guderian

Ta-152
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Ta-152 » Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:42 am

They aren't. Since this thread was started the line has been canceled. You'll have to settle for Lego's flying wing.
I Tan I Epi Tas

panzertruppen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by panzertruppen » Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:10 pm

:x

Jesse James

Post by Jesse James » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:45 pm

Yup, the last wave is the Temple of Doom wave... THe 2009 Raiders wave, in all its glory, is not happening, and that's retarded on levels I cannot begin to fathom.

Hasbro really bungled the handling of this line, sadly. And we're SOL if we like Indy.
http://www.JediDefender.com Bringing Balance to the Force
http://www.FFURG.com The Ultimate Customizing Resource.
Now Hasbro, make us some Head Sculpt & Endor Uniform variations! The new Rebel Fleet Trooper gets the JJ Seal of Approval Though!

panzertruppen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by panzertruppen » Thu Nov 13, 2008 2:47 pm

Well, the Temple of Doom wave looks good!

JamesW
Corporal
Corporal

Post by JamesW » Thu Nov 13, 2008 7:25 pm

I just got my TOD wave figures. Mostly they are ok. I have very high standards though and thus was a little bit disappointed.

Indy = best face sculpt I've seen (now that's not sayin much!) But all around he's fine.
Mola Ram = His big old robes make movement in legs about zero. But nice headgear, and he has a flaming heart accessory, that alone make him kinda cool. The sculpt is very good.
Shorty= kinda crap. nice to have a little guy, but I am not impressed. Children figures are hard to find, so if you need a kid...
Temple Guard = like a lot. IMO the best figure of the bunch.
Thuggee Guard = fine. He's a big brute of a figure, but decent. My figure will not stand up unassisted, too top heavy.
Chick = I could have lived without her. easily. She is the only one of the bunch I wish I didn't buy. She doesn't really do anything. more of a static statue than an action figure really.

If you are a fan of the movies you'll probably like having all of them (maybe not her though). Indy is a not necessary either (how many Indy's do you already have?).

panzertruppen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by panzertruppen » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:47 pm

I'll probably get all the figures in that wave apart from Short Round and Willy.

STUKA

Post by STUKA » Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:05 pm

I finally found a Vogel at Target on a single pack - funny no others from that series - just one Vogel and tons of Mutts. Id found a few of the grail knights at WM a few weeks back -
Ich liebe den Geruch von Sturzkampfflugzeug morgens.

panzertruppen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by panzertruppen » Sat Nov 15, 2008 3:11 am

Well here in Britain there's lots and lots of Marion and Monkey man. :evil: