21st Century Soft-Cap Germans

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

21st Century Soft-Cap Germans

Post by dandaman » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:48 pm

Does everyone remember the 1st series Panzergrenadier with the soft cap? How cool was that? Talk about adding much needed variety to your standard helmeted Germans.

I miss that.

I realize that we have these new waves with the removable soft caps, but it's just not the same for some reason. Does anybody else feel this way?

I hope they release more (permanent) soft capped Germans. That would be cool. What do you think?

Jagdplastic
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re:Soft Caps (Germans on R&R)

Post by Jagdplastic » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:09 pm

Can't say that I agree with you on this one. My Panzer Grenadier now sports an inverted coal shuttle from one of the later Germans who came with two helmets. I prefer helmets for the infantry and side caps for the Panzer crews. The 1943 field cap is OK for the self-propelled anti-tank guns and self-propelled artillery, but doesn't do it for me for the fully enclosed armor.

I've read that the actual panzer crews didn't like the '43 cap either as the bill got in the way inside the tank.

momaw nadon
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by momaw nadon » Fri Aug 08, 2008 9:52 pm

I would like to see it return also. Maybe instead of offering us the more dress uniform side cap, they could include the soft cap. There were a few German figures in the D-day line that have 2 headgear. Some had 2 helmets, but the ones I'm taking about would be the one that had the helmet and side cap.

Would give us the at rest look for the Germans to our dios too.

On a side note, I wish 21st C would have made the MB Driver type cap removable for the same reason. Could have given my Paratroopers an at rest look or even a layer of warmth to my BOB figures :wink:.

momaw nadon