About 21st next 1/18 figure wave

Your Main Forum For Discussing 1:18 Scale Military Figures and Vehicles.
75th Ranger
Officer - Major
Officer - Major

About 21st next 1/18 figure wave

Post by 75th Ranger » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:13 pm

Guys,
does anyone knows what type of figures are going to be released in the next 21st figure wave.....I was wondering if they are going to do a repaint of the NAM series....I would love to see a tiger stripe pattern and an ARVN figure.....plus some SF guys.....what do you guys think?
"RANGERS LEAD THE WAY!"

HOOAH!

75th Ranger

http://community.webshots.com/user/diverman88
http://community.webshots.com/user/75thairborneranger
http://photobucket.com/albums/a360/75thRANGER/
http://community.webshots.com/user/alphascuba

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:49 pm

AS far as I know on the next wave,
There was a fluke find in MO a while back of 3 new WWII figures. A US 30 cal. MGer, a US Sniper and a German assualt trooper. This may be or be part of the next wave of figures. Perhaps there may be another wave of VN figures, but if the platoon figures was a test, it failed. I guess we'll have to see what turns up later ;) Da General

FieroDude
Officer - Brigadier General

Post by FieroDude » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:42 pm

I would like to think that the Platoon figures weren't a test on the viability of VN figures. I mean, that's like saying that the Sahara figures were a test of how well movie figures are received. Most of the kids at the age where they might buy military action figures were born AFTER Platoon was even released. Maybe 21st should try a line of Hogan's Heroes figures to see how the public reacts to figures based on a current TV series, too.
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

MG-42

21st.'s next wave of new figures ( ? )

Post by MG-42 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:47 pm

* It's all quiet on the next figure wave front.

......... 21st. is being tight lipped. LoL ! ! ! * :lol:

Mitch v MG
" I love it , God help me ,.. I do love it so". * * * * PATTON * * * *

* In memory of ram04 - 7/15/12 *

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:33 am

I really don't think we should be discussing new figures until 21c works out their distribution bugs and gets out the ones they already have in a timely and efficient manner.
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

FieroDude

Post by FieroDude » Sat Jul 12, 2008 6:42 am

tmanthegreat wrote:I really don't think we should be discussing new figures until 21c works out their distribution bugs and gets out the ones they already have in a timely and efficient manner.
in other words, we are sworn to silence for all eternitiy! :twisted:
Verraten und verkauft,
zu lange vertröstet zu lange belogen
Verraten und verkauft,
Durch den Dreck und über den Tisch gezogen.
H.R.K 1993

Fritzkrieg
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by Fritzkrieg » Sat Jul 12, 2008 7:14 am

Id' really love to see 21st concentrate on accurately equiping their figures. We have yet to see a German MG gunner with the MG gunner tool pouch. The MP-40s we are getting now a very nice, but the commited ammo puches, are not correct. From waht I understan the Assault soldier, that come with an MP-44 does not have the correct ammo puches either. For a company that targets Military toy collectors, they seem to be really dropping the ball when it comes to accessorizing their figures.

olifant

Post by olifant » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:35 am

FieroDude wrote:
tmanthegreat wrote:I really don't think we should be discussing new figures until 21c works out their distribution bugs and gets out the ones they already have in a timely and efficient manner.
in other words, we are sworn to silence for all eternitiy! :twisted:
Remember, on the West Coast we just don't see the stuff everyone else gets. No twin packs or newest DAK here. I just found my first (singular) VN figure yesterday. Heck, we just got the Platoon figures in the last few months and were glad to have them! I am happy for all of you in other parts of the country when you get the newest stuff, but I am half past give a crap with my selections of the two DD germans I get to choose from for the last nine months! :evil:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

forcerecon85
Corporal
Corporal

Post by forcerecon85 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:24 pm

Yea, even though we don't get 21st Century toys in Canada it would be nice for you guys to get things across the country roughly at the same time. I could understand a few weeks apart, not more than six to nine months like now.

75th Ranger, I ordered as many Vietnam era figures as I could online. I'd love repaints or just slap on divisional patches on and new heads, maybe more M16's and I'd buy another bunch! I'd let alone SF, ARVN or Tiger stripe troops. I'd love anything Vietnam related.

tmanthegreat

Post by tmanthegreat » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:56 pm

olifant wrote:Remember, on the West Coast we just don't see the stuff everyone else gets. No twin packs or newest DAK here. I just found my first (singular) VN figure yesterday. Heck, we just got the Platoon figures in the last few months and were glad to have them! I am happy for all of you in other parts of the country when you get the newest stuff, but I am half past give a crap with my selections of the two DD germans I get to choose from for the last nine months! :evil:
Well said!!
"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

SolidSnakeEyes
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by SolidSnakeEyes » Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:35 am

That's so strange. I picked up all of the VN figures at TRU back around Christmas. Honestly, it's kind of pathetic that 21st distributes so poorly
I looked at the trap, Ray.

-- Dr. Egon Spengler

normandy

Post by normandy » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:11 am

I'd like to see some of those German dual packs.

SolidSnakeEyes
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by SolidSnakeEyes » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:28 pm

According to what TKO finally said, we probably won't be seeing those 3 newest figures until the fall. Which still makes me think those few figures gk found were just flukes, or someting. I know it's unlikely...but man, some cases had to of just shipped early, or something. Maybe some figures were made, and then they stopped production, and that limited number of figures were actually shipped? Something weird is up with that, that's for sure.

-- Dr. Egon Spengler

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:27 am

Come on 21st bring out the KT & 88 already :evil: how long are you going to have us wait? :(
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

immeww2

Post by immeww2 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:31 am

They figure the longer we have to wait the more we'll buy at a much higher price! :D

SGT. Saunders
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by SGT. Saunders » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:09 am

I just hope the next wave is some 1/18 WWII British troops, I really think it's time!
There's only one way out of HELL! and that's through it!!

SolidSnakeEyes
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by SolidSnakeEyes » Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:28 am

I think the next wave is gonna be those two US troops and the German that gk found a month or so back. I think it will be a good long time before 21st starts considering even newer figures than that. A really, long, time.

-- Dr. Egon Spengler

Stug45

Post by Stug45 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:24 pm

SolidSnakeEyes wrote:I think the next wave is gonna be those two US troops and the German that gk found a month or so back. I think it will be a good long time before 21st starts considering even newer figures than that. A really, long, time.
I think your right SolidSnakeEyes :(
The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Future Wave

Post by dandaman » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:26 pm

SGT. Saunders wrote:I just hope the next wave is some 1/18 WWII British troops, I really think it's time!
They probably won't create a British line, because they figure they would be peg warmers.

But I suppose it's all in how you approach the creation of such a line. They should create one or two very generic-looking Brits. This is the only way they will sell.

If you create a bunch of very individualized Brit figures like "Benjamin Bainbridge Abernathy" of the 112th Minesweepers Division, then chances are they will sit on the pegs.

Just create a Brit and call him "British Infantry". You pick the figure up, look at it, and say, "Yup. He's a Birtish infantry guy allright. I need to get 2 or 3 of these." See my point?

On a slightly different note, let's talk about what I would like to see. Italians!

Why can't 21st Century get it through their heads that I will personally buy dozens of these? At retail price! Why won't they GET that?

Let me make my case again, as I have before in other threads.

For example, say they release a generic-looking Italian infantry guy with typical Italian-style helmet. I'm getting 10 of these on the spot. That's at least $50 right there.

Next, they release a tan-version of the same figure (North African infantry). There's another $50 for 10 more figures.

After that, they decide to release a tan-colored, peaked-cap/bustina Italian officer with Infantryman 2-pack. I buy 10 of these at $8 or so. That is a minimum purchase of $80.

Let's see...what else?

Vehicles? I don't even want to open that can of worms. I would go hog wild on that. I can't even imagine the kind of money I would spend on a North African Italian tank or support artillery. That would be ridiculous $$$ spent.

And could you imagine if they got creative and made blackshirt divisions or RSI soldiers? Do I need to say more?

To sum it up, with the release of just a couple Italian figures, 21st Century would be making $200+ minimum from just one collector. I can't think of any collectible product on the market I would so easily fork over my money for. Talk about easy money for those guys.

But then again, the rest of you only like to collect GIs and Germans, so this means nothing to you.

gk5717
Sergeant
Sergeant

Post by gk5717 » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:48 am

So you are willing to spend $200 on a line of figures. I,m sure 21st Century are clicking their heels over this!
Do you have any idea what it cost to produce this stuff?
These companies have got to make at least a small profit, and I,m afraid WW2 Italians won,t cut it.

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:39 am

Perhaps the Duece's troops might not, but many here have voiced opinion over having Russians made in 1/18th as well as a decent T-34 tank. Henk, I'll invest 10 times that amount - $2000 into some Russkie tanks and troops to start with and more than that over time :P We do need someone else worthy for the Huns to fight and hey, We got the Eastern Tigers and Panthers to fight them with too 8) Just another 2 cents worth into the frey :) Da General

dandaman
Officer - 1st Lieutenant
Officer - 1st Lieutenant

Response

Post by dandaman » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:00 am

gk5717 wrote:So you are willing to spend $200 on a line of figures. I,m sure 21st Century are clicking their heels over this!
Do you have any idea what it cost to produce this stuff?
These companies have got to make at least a small profit, and I,m afraid WW2 Italians won,t cut it.
Actually, I do know the cost of production. It is very high, especially the sculpting costs. But also note that I said a minimum of $200. I know I would spend a lot more than that. And that wasn't even including vehicles. For a return on investment for a couple new Italian figures, $200+ per collector is pretty darn good. That is, if everyone is like me and wants Italians.

SolidSnakeEyes
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant
Officer - 2nd Lieutenant

Post by SolidSnakeEyes » Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:03 pm

I think Italians are bottom of the barrel compared to Russians and British forces. I think your dreams may never come true.

-- Dr. Egon Spengler

olifant

Post by olifant » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:06 am

Perhaps if 21C could save money on articulation and mold their arms in a permanent "surrender" position. Perhaps an African theater POW camp playset? :twisted:
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://g.imageshack.us/g.php?h=375&i=sshqvdjx0.jpg][img]http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/5374/sshqvdjx0.937d18e174.jpg[/img][/url]

General Blasto
Officer - Captain
Officer - Captain

Post by General Blasto » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:08 am

:lol: :P :lol: